Sarge's 5th Annual Rpr Nec Meet

• You cannot reply to this topic
209 replies to this topic

LocDoc

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI,87 Ford Ambulance (460 cid)... 87 CRX DX (project)
    • Image Gallery
YUP
Momma said there be days like this

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, I've not made it home. As you know I was not feeling too good. I just went down hill while driving. Checked my temp and it was at 100 (yes, I keep a thermometer in my glove box, always ready to play doctor) I bought some dayquil and still just not up to driving once the sun was down and the rain was a coming down. So, for safety of kid, car and self we checked into hotel. Plan to finish tomorrow. Work is gonna be thrilled.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Sgt. Pepper

Some of my pics:

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
J-Man and I would like to thank Sgt. and Mrs. Pepper for their hospitality and to all attendees for making this gathering a success. I tried to touch base with all and enjoyed the conversations, community spirit and diversity that makes this forum distinctive and most special.

We arrived a bit later than planned as we stopped at Eric L's garage and storage facility and was amazed at the number of parts he has. It truely was 1G heaven. Eric brought he '86 HF, loaded up a couple of radiators for Gimpalot and joined us for a 1 hour convoy to Sarges. It was nice to use the a/c though I wasn't able to have any turbo fun enroute as I feared being scalped by the hood I brought for BP.

I finally got to participate in the evening festivities and its really a hoot. Beware of Super Cricket future attendees - his accuracy in hurling peanuts is amazing and he throws like Nolan Ryan. I took quite a number of deflections that riccochet off of Screech's protector. I gave up around 2:00 a.m. and was glad to have an opportunity to talk with Rodney for a bit prior to retiring to the tent. Keith was the first one up on Sunday and one by one the remaining dozen or so attendees started to rise. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Jason as we left around 10:00 am.

Our trip home went relatively smooth although we saw quite a number of constables along the way. J-Man almost got wiped out by a pickup truck who was accelerating to pass him (we were in the right lane and I didn't see any light between the cars in my rearview mirror) to get off of 78 in NJ.We really did not encounter traffic until we entered Staten Island, NY. which is typical. ChrisFDude - if you thing the roads are bad in PA wait until you try NY! Soft on the Illuminas (1) is the only way to handle the bumps here.

My overall mpg was poor (26mpg) but I did spool up a bit going home. Given the mild temps on Sunday, the car held temp reasonably well even in traffic. It was nice to put some miles on and I believe i passed 183k coming home.

I saw quite a few attendees taking pics (perhaps video) and hopefully they will post shortly.

Elliot
Posted Image

Super_Cricket

• Daddy are you gonna Kill Mommy? Thats up to Mommy aint it?
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Civic SI 1986, Crx SI 1985, 1993 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
We made it home a while back after stopping to check out my brothers new house. We passed screech on the way down and my copilot was asleep for most of the trip after lunch soon after leaving. Had a great time and I am so sad it was over so quickly. It was a much needed getaway for me and it was a great relaxation for me. Thank you to everyone who came and thank you Sarge and mrs pepper as always you are most gracious. Glad to see the new faces and always happy to see old friends

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (Screech @ Sep 26 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I've not made it home. As you know I was not feeling too good. I just went down hill while driving. Checked my temp and it was at 100 (yes, I keep a thermometer in my glove box, always ready to play doctor) I bought some dayquil and still just not up to driving once the sun was down and the rain was a coming down. So, for safety of kid, car and self we checked into hotel. Plan to finish tomorrow. Work is gonna be thrilled.

Man, I hope you feel better soon. Was good to see you again and to meet "brat". Hoping to see both of you @ E6.

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

Hanging with the dynamic duo (badpenny and Gimpalot) in the hofbrau enjoying some adult beverages, listening to 80s music and snacking on chips and beef sticks.

They are packed and ready to head back to Texas tomorrow after a quick trip to Home Depot and mounting the hitch on the wagovan.

364 days until E6!!!!!!!!!

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I have made it as far as my sister's in Fairfax, VA. I will post more once I am back in Suffolk, VA tomorrow.

Keith, who had a *great* time, even with a 3rd gen CRX...

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (kedwards @ Sep 26 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have made it as far as my sister's in Fairfax, VA. I will post more once I am back in Suffolk, VA tomorrow.

Keith, who had a *great* time, even with a 3rd gen CRX...

Always good to see you Keith. See you soon.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Great to see everyone again. here are some of the pics I got.

click the can, you know you want to
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Wow! Sarge's hospitality puts the West Coast Weenie Roast to shame. E5 is offically the best RPR meet ever!

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I just got home. Took Brat to school, she will get lunch and 4th period at least. Was gonna rest and watch some TV, but no power.

Has the dynamic duo left yet? (Need to know when to start the "Are you home yet" texts)

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Got the tow hitch connected (sort of), heading out, in a few.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

veritasaequatis

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
I'm sad I didn't get to come hopefully mext year. Love hearing the stories of the trips to and from E5. Congrats on another good weekend sarge , again sorry I couldn't make it.

Sgt. Pepper

I have beer leftover!!!!! mad.gif