20 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery

enjoy

Edited by crxls, 11 June 2005 - 05:51 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
the burnout one looks cool but its soo small :(

You posted the pic right.. thats the full size i can get of the file maybe you didnt uplaod the right file?
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
i fixed it a little better now
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What track were those taken at? And what were your best 1/4 and 60' times?

DSMTimeline.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Jun 12 2005, 01:21 AM)
What track were those taken at?  And what were your best 1/4 and 60' times?

the track was 75/80 in monrovia (frederick) maryland. best 1/4 time was 14.8.... still running 185-75-13 tires. 60' were 2.2. spins through 3rd gear if you give a significant ammount of throttle or you have to baby it till about half way through 3rd gear, either way i cant break the 14.8 with those tires. also need to put on new exhaust piping, still using stock 1 3/4 HF pipe. suspension is stock. 3/4 tank of gas and 5 gallon bucket of tools in the trunk (just incase). no TPS hooked up. i would say that after i do some work to it a 13.7 or so wont be hard to pull off. just dont have the time to have the car ripped apart since i now have to drive it every day.

something that bothers me is that 2 months ago i ran 14.8 @ 96 mph, last weekend i was running 14.8 @ 92 mph WTF?

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
ohmy.gif ohh ohh ohmy.gif ohh ohhhhh ohmy.gif ahhhhhhh biggrin.gif lol badass! go to bed lol
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 12 2005, 02:12 AM)
ohmy.gif ohh  ohh ohmy.gif  ohh ohhhhh ohmy.gif    ahhhhhhh biggrin.gif  lol  badass! go to bed lol

im just staying up waiting for your mom to get home, she likes to join me. you can call me "DAD" from now on. ph34r.gif

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 12 2005, 01:33 AM)
something that bothers me is that 2 months ago i ran 14.8 @ 96 mph, last weekend i was running 14.8 @ 92 mph WTF?

Difference in temperature or humidity? Were both runs at the same track? Just some thoughts.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (c25ahatch @ Jun 12 2005, 02:54 AM)
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 12 2005, 01:33 AM)

Difference in temperature or humidity? Were both runs at the same track? Just some thoughts.

2 different tracks and the difference in temperature was about 20 degrees. 2 months ago was a lot nicer track at about 20 degrees colder (70-75 or so) and the last weekend temps were about 90 or so. humidity, this the the maryland region, i dont think it ever gets under 85% humidity.

CSPCRX

Getting your 60ft times down will help you a lot. Sounds like your on street tires. If thats the case do not do a burn out. Street tires just get greese and slippery. If anything just do a little chirp burn out to shake any loose rocks from the tires. This is the most common mistake I see people make at the strip. If and when you get drag slicks or drag radials then light them up. Again I am assuming your on normal street tires.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CSPCRX @ Jun 12 2005, 10:15 AM)
Getting your 60ft times down will help you a lot.  Sounds like your on street tires. If thats the case do not do a burn out. Street tires just get greese and slippery.  If anything just do a little chirp burn out to shake any loose rocks from the tires.  This is the most common mistake I see people make at the strip. If and when you get drag slicks or drag radials then light them up. Again I am assuming your on normal street tires.

yes, 185-75-13 street tires. i thought the same thing about the burnout but i was wrong. the burnout actually makes a significant difference. when i was not doing burnouts i was getting 15.2-15.4 or so. i think the traction is the biggest 60' issue right now.

C8V6C

Yeah, prob temp.......good times

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
good times for whats done. if you got some new rubber, stiffer susp, and bigger exhaust you should be flying.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 12 2005, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 12 2005, 02:12 AM)
ohmy.gif ohh  ohh ohmy.gif  ohh ohhhhh ohmy.gif    ahhhhhhh biggrin.gif  lol  badass! go to bed lol

im just staying up waiting for your mom to get home, she likes to join me. you can call me "DAD" from now on. ph34r.gif

ew like em big ay? alright... but i get to drive your car... seriously though, dont expect to get it back tongue.gif

and with the traction issue you can get the people at the track to spray the grip compound before you make a pass..to see what kinda time you're capable of... cost ya about 5 bucks i think

--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

C8V6C

Buy my slicks biggrin.gif PM me

22/8/15 on SI rims

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg