T-bars And Tubes

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

76kcfdeng

• Go big or go home!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 06 EVO,85crxSI,03ford f250 diesel,75 landcruiser, 76 280z race car,2006 nissan frontier
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (conrad perez @ Sep 8 2004, 03:38 AM)
a word of heed matey! I have gone through the trouble of reseting the bars in my AH yep great it slammed the body down a good 2.5 to 3 inches and ride is pretty good teamed up with KBY gas shocks UNTIL!!! i swapped the engine to the d16 its now riding on the bump stopps after messing around with teg tbars and tyre profiles I still cant get it as low as before without bottoming the shocks out so i talked to a suspension bloke ere in oz and the only way was to get custom made shortened shocks in order to get good travel through the shock and this proceedur is pretty costly! unless you can do a bit of fab mods and fit over the counter shortened shocks!!

To fix this problem or at least make a small improvement you can lower the shock in the knuckle, you have to make a new dent for the pinch bolt. You can get another 1"-1 1/2" travel. Then buy some camber plates which you should have anyway for tire wear, they mount the strut a little higher which again adds a little more travel.
Glen
user posted image

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

C8V6C

Hey guys, Im gonna attempt to do this tomorrow.....

But I still have one question, how do I know how to set the bar the right amount?

Ive looked into the bars, and I know how to take them out, put them in, and adj the nut, but no idea how I know how to adjust the amount of splines to take it out properly....

Please help me....just take the bar out completely, then move it 2 notches, and put it back in? I dunno what diff that would make.....or you just twist one side?

<<<Lost sad.gif

Or do I twist the TUBE itself?

Edited by C8V6C, 17 September 2004 - 09:26 PM.

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Twist the Tube itself.

What you do is take the T-bar out, and pull the tube off, it will come off the back. Now put the tube back on, but not so that it meshes with the splines of the T-bar. With a spline marked for reference, use a jack to raise the control arm (splined with the T-bar) to move the reference mark one or two splines off, then put the T-bar tube back on. Just watch out for the arm's alignment on the tube, to make sure it will clear the crossmember, check this before you make your mark.

Then put the tube on and tighten up the bolt, you should go down two splines to give you the equivalent of 1 spline down, fully adjusted down. That way you will have the lowest safe height but still have tension on the bar.

When you lower the jack, and it doesn't appear lower, don't worry, put the car on the ground and you will see the effect.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

C8V6C

Thanks......Im gonna give it a shot

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg