The Dead End

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Well, here's the product of 6 months worth of work on the CRX. The bay is dedicated to this website, for all of the help and support that I have received here as I've learned to work on cars over the last 3 years. I hope you guys dig it! Let me know what you think. -Dan

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

For anyone interested, all of the progress pics which got me to this point can be found in my most recent post to my build thread (in the projects section of the site).

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
damn it's dark in the engine bay biggrin.gif
where did you hide the vacum thingy ?

Great project and even greater resault cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Wow
man I'm speechless.
great work well done. Clap Clap Clap.......

Emefef

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '11 Tucson, '06 Montana, sold the '87 CRX, '99 CBR (half a car)
wow. really, just....wow. That is awesome. Unique, creative, and flawlessly executed. Bravo.

Frank

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si
QUOTE (ballade @ Nov 24 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow
man I'm speechless.
great work well done. Clap Clap Clap.......

+1
Another +1 for the "Real men get it done without VTEC" sticker
Bam! Behold, a public bulletin board, built of both brilliance and barbarity by bastards with boners. This bastion, no mere bulwark of boredom, is a brutal barrage of blistering bullshit, barely benevolent...A brotherhood of blasphemy, blessed with more balls than brains, battling the bland, the bogus, the benign. Bedlam? Bring it on. But I babble... better to be brief. We are /b/.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
OG,

Very original and creative. Applause to you!!!!

Great job
Keepin' it OEM

Cobourg Classic Hondas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 76 Civic CVCC, 65 Honda S600 convertible, 65 Honda S600 Coupe, 08 Civic Si sedan
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
LOVE IT!!!

Fogs look familiar biggrin.gif

Are the Accord rockers hard to mount to the CRX skirts?

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
looks really good... nice job.

1986_crx_si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Amazing, simply put. It's incredible Dan. Your 6 months paid off well, and I'm sure everyone here loves the fact that you dedicated the engine bay to RPR. That was wicked smile.gif

-Aaron

P.S. What short shifter did you get for that video? I want my throws to be that short!
5 reasons cars are better than women

5) You can rub and wax a car in your driveway and not get arrested
4) Car's don't get mad at you for no reason every 28 days
3) You can't put a bumper sticker that says "How's my driving? Dial 1-800- EAT-S*IT!" on a woman.
2) You can sell your car to a complete stranger and nobody will get mad at you
1) Women can't go 200 miles per hour.

masterpenguin

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Looks really great. Awesome work!
-Rob

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate your kind words! I used a new camera for the first time yesterday, a Lumix DMC-F3 point and shoot. I was surprised at the little guys performance, much better than I expected. I struggled quite a bit with the lighting as well. This was the only time I could shoot yesterday. I usually aim for sunset pics for cars, but this was right at noon, and it was a very Arizona-esque day of sunlight here in NC. Beautiful drive, but made for some difficult picture takin'.

I appreciate the feedback on the VTEC sticker! I had fun with that one. I'm sure you guys get that this is not meant to bash on the many on this site who have, and are in the process, of completing a B-swap. This is just a poor band teachers way of adding some "mental horsepower", ha! As well as some support for a potent little Honda engine that just keeps on giving (and will keep me in a stock class if I ever go out and auto-cross this thing, which will only happen when replacement rockers and door skins are avaible, so this may be a while... dry.gif )

Aaron, don't know if you saw your car, but its on the back of the intake tube (see pic #9). A pic of your hood with the shocks coming through, one of my favorite pictures from this site, just doesn't sick out very much. WolfCRX, yours is in that same pic, on the intake, closer to the air filter, as the tube rolls down.

Koshir, by "vacuum thingy", I believe you are referring to the brake booster line. It is there. However, it's a fairly discrete routing, as I flipped the brake booster over 180-degrees, as per the advise of a few members on the RPR Tuck thread that I started several months back. The clear Lowe's braided hose I'm running is a bit more discrete as well. Additionally, I still have the booster vacuum valve incorporated into the set-up, as per Kaymo's advise. Peep the thread here: http://www.redpepper...php/t47088.html

Coburg Classic: Wow! Your CRX is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and please share more for us to see in the "Hottest 1G's thread". As for the CD side-skirts, I found them a bit tricky to install. Your key areas of precision are in (1) aligning the front part of the skirt with the OEM mudflaps. Since the flaps meet the skirt at a slant/angle, you cannot simply do a straight/vertical cut at the frontside of the skirt (like I did when learning the hard way!).

And (2) when mounting the skirt at the rear, you have to twist and roll the backside of the skirt in towards the inside of the car much more than the front of the skirt. If you don't, the Accord skirts will flare out at the back, looking mega-ugly. So, mount the front like you would normally think to do so, then, once it's screwed in on the front, move to the very rear of the skirt, twist it in, then while holding it there, drill your hole and mount it. Then, drill a few holes in the middle with screws and nuts to finish the job.

I used screws, washers, and bolts, removing my rockers, drilling the appropriate holes, mating the pieces, and then remounting. However, David (1genCRX) did not go this route. He used auto-grade double sided tape to secure the skirts to his rockers. He rolls around town just fine like this, no problems, and with no holes drilled to his pristine skirts. So, there's another route which may save you some time, as well as a lack of commitment should you ever want to remove them later.

I have great joy that David agreed to let me showcase his red CRX in my bay, as his car was the sole inspiration for this project. In fact, right before going to pick up the red CRX shell, I showed my wife a picture of his rex and said "THAT'S what I want mine to look like". She shares ZILCH passion for cars with me, and even she was very impressed with Davids CRX. I've changed a few components in my build, to respect his originality, but I know that there is do denying the resemblance.

Lastly, there are about 5 other RPR members who agreed to let me use their pics but were not featured in the bay. I have stickers for you as well. I plan on using these in the interior on my battery, once I begin interior wrap-up in the coming weeks.

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Wow, bravo OG!!! Very excited, and I know you are too to be done and driving. NOW we have to wait for interior shots? lol damn. You carried the design out flawlessly dude, it looks perfect, and I LOVE the bay. Huge props man, HUGE props.