Snow In Wa

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

TeninoFred

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX HF
Just wanted to say that I enjoyed my commute this morning passing all of the medium to big SUVs on the road in my Civic over the snow and ice. One guy asked me last night when I left if I would be in and I responded YES, I drive a Honda. smile.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Yeah, we never hardly get snow in Middle Tennessee, but when we do I just get in and go. I'll go past almost every make and model of cars in the ditches, except maybe Jeeps or other FWD cars.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Not much snow down here in LA, but for the skiing in the local mountains (yes we get snow in our local mountains), nothing beats a Honda with decent tires.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

RedSquare

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si
It's cold here for sure. I'm just staying in today, no reason to risk it. I'm sure I can get around fine in my integra, but it's the other 3,000lbs+ missiles I'm afraid of.

I did want to take my 86 civic si out for a test drive after some maintenance, but she can stay in the heated garage this week.

EJ86si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
Lots of snow up here as well, and it's awesome! I personally love the snow and it Just keeps coming and coming and its starting to pile up a little. but the little rex just keeps on moving and putting a smile on my face all at the same time biggrin.gif People and their big 4wheel drive vehicles, all they needed was a honda tongue.gif

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
No driving for my Rexie!
Build Thread- Here

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Snow in Seattle is somewhat of a rarity. When it does snow and freeze, the whole city pretty much shuts down. You see, we have hills around here and a general lack of snow removal experience/equipment. We muttle through it though. I live at Greenlake (local park/recreation area). I love the day after a "blizzard" rolls through, the sun usual comes out and everyone that didn't drive in to work is out walking around the lake (including your's truly). Good times.

I put on two sets of studless snow tires yesterday on our fwd dd's. I've driven through/in/on every snow/ice storm we've had around here in the last 35 yrs...but I'm on vacation this week so no commuting for me! smile.gif I'm in the garage working on the Kakabox! tongue.gif

Enjoy the day!

J.

MinkelR

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Acura Integra LS
What? No pictures? lol

It's a blistering 25F here right now
Mine:

Took it for a spin after the snowfall happened. Despite a bit of driver induced wheel spin it drove pretty well.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Nov 23 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not much snow down here in LA, but for the skiing in the local mountains (yes we get snow in our local mountains), nothing beats a Honda with decent tires.

well I drive my honda in the snow all the time and thats what I thought... until my friend picked up a Mazda gt-x

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Yup Im rollin around north of Seattle in this snow storm with zero problems in the 87 Civic Si. Lowered 2.5", stock engine and 14" winter studded Hankook I Pikes on my WedSports. Low HP, light weight and very responsive even on ice. The only way Im getting stuck is in a ditch or if I high center it in deep snow. Screw 4wd, Im having a blast out here! Yes the rare Mugen/EDM/JDM parts and all. smile.gif *I had to take my rare plastic EDM headlight covers off, those are not replaceable* lol

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

eric87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF W/ Si motor R.I.P, 1985 Si w/ D16A1, 1996 Neon
    Garage View Garage
I live about 60 miles aouth of oly there and we got 2" of snow roughly, but the road crews around here are shit and the roads are like a solid sheet of ice beisdes 101. Kinda scary to drive on in my crx, dont got the right tires for it. It's a whopping 20 degree's out there right now, freezing all the previously thawed snow/ice melt...another sheet of ice on most roads here...ughh luckily i dont have any commute to make smile.gif

What He Said /\/\/\

curtperry

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si (project), 99 4Runner Limited, 2005 AstroVan
I've been commuting 55 miles a day in an 88 F150 and my gas budget was suffering, so I bought a beater 87 Si last week to get me around while I finish the project car... Turns out it was perfect timing with all the snow driving it's been doing.

The best thing is, it was cheap and the body was already rough so if i hit a few curbs - oh well! Too much fun laugh.gif

mallardtape

Its a beautiful 78 degrees in dallas right now. Last time we got a freak snow storm my civic got high centered in the middle of the street. Had to have my buddy in his 4x4 pull me out.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It's freaking COLD here in California (central valley). The low for today is 29F.. I tried to Go fishing last night , but was not prepared for the high 20's and wind of 15MPH. I was freezing my ass off. It's unusually cold for this time of year. We usually do not see 20's until late December.

We got Snow last year and we are at sea level! It was the kind that melted right when it hit. Still snow though. If this continues we may have it again.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (kakabox @ Nov 23 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snow in Seattle is somewhat of a rarity. When it does snow and freeze, the whole city pretty much shuts down. You see, we have hills around here and a general lack of snow removal experience/equipment. We muttle through it though. I live at Greenlake (local park/recreation area). I love the day after a "blizzard" rolls through, the sun usual comes out and everyone that didn't drive in to work is out walking around the lake (including your's truly). Good times.

I was in Seattle during one of your very rare "Freezing Rains," and holy cow that was a mess. At the bottom of just about every hill was a pile of cars. People would pull out of their hillside driveways, and then helplessly slide down to the bottom of the street. No real injuries that I could see. Just a lot of inconvenience. I spent the entire day pulling people out of ditches. I bet the Autobody shops where busy for a while after that one. wink.gif

The weather is so dry here in Colorado, when we do get snow, it's pretty easy to drive on. It packs down right away, and the city is pretty quick getting the sand down for traction. The dryness, combined with a TON of winter sunshine allows for a fair amount of sublimation. That's where the snow evaporates without even melting. It's crazy to see the snow just slowly disappear. laugh.gif

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image