Great Day @ The Junk Yard Today!

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

pred8tr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF
Great day at the junk yard today. I got my anti-afterburn valve from the 87 Crx they had and I found an 86 CRX Si. I pulled the rear speaker mounts for my HF, the uber cool door panels, the clock, etc... I also saw that it had a rear hatch cover attachment.... I've never seen one of these before. Anyone have a picture of the rear hatch cover? I'd like to see what it looks like. If it's cool perhaps I'll go back and get the bracketry. Does anyone need anything from this vehicle? I may go back tomorrow. I'll be glad to pull something for you and ship it to you for a nominal fee ofcourse. Is there anything that I should look for out of this car for my 87 HF? Also, I noticed a few more buttons on the dash of the si. But I didn't pay much attention while I was there. What is the button for that's just to the left of the ash tray? It has the rear hatch carpet but it's in fairly bad condition and they want, like $20 for it. I'm thinking of making my own with aircraft carpet from Lowes.... Also, I expect to pull the exhaust manifold tomorrow if I can make it.... Any tips / tricks? The front and rear bumpers are in decent shape but the ground effects are toast. Oh well...

Thanks all. Later.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
that button is the to the left of the ash tray is the rear defroster button.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

maddog

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 honda CRX SI
The little tilt out change thing to left of steering wheel if its not a fortune.
Let me know.
Thanks

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Rear hatch cover? your talkin about the leather one that stretches back from behind the sears right to the back of the car right? The black one? I think all canadian crx's came with them..i know that my dx, my parts dx, my freinds parts dx, the junkyard si and a friends si has one. I didnt think much of them. Prety neet but i lost one of pieces to hook it to the back, g damn it.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Drazon

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
QUOTE (pred8tr @ Apr 30 2005, 09:36 PM)
Also, I noticed a few more buttons on the dash of the si. But I didn't pay much attention while I was there. What is the button for that's just to the left of the ash tray?

Recently I reset my 87 Si's ECU the proper way according to this website, and lo and behold, the rear defroster button lights up orange now when I turn the headlights on. It never lit up before that so I didn't know it could.

Edited by Drazon, 01 May 2005 - 04:09 AM.

user posted image How's my drawing?

JDN14

our local yard had 11 first gen's last year (two of them si's, an 85 and an 86/87). They've started making giant piles of soon to be crushed cars and at least three of them are now sitting under a few other vehicles sad.gif .
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (chedda_j @ May 1 2005, 03:25 AM)
Rear hatch cover? your talkin about the leather one that stretches back from behind the sears right to the back of the car right? The black one? I think all canadian crx's came with them..i know that my dx, my parts dx, my freinds parts dx, the junkyard si and a friends si has one. I didnt think much of them. Prety neet but i lost one of pieces to hook it to the back, g damn it.

hey could you get a picture of the cover, because i have never seen one. and if you do see them a lot like that you wanna grab me one? i would love to have a hatch cover for my rex. thanks in advance for anyhelp.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (GIFF @ Apr 30 2005, 07:41 PM)
that button is the to the left of the ash tray is the rear defroster button.

You know, I don't think mine has worked since I got my car. I think that switch is in dire need of replacing, though. tongue.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

s.wilson

• the guy who doesn't own a 1G Rex anymore
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '94 Civic Coupe, '95 DOHC Neon Coupe
    Garage View Garage
I would be interested in one of the rear hatch covers as well..someone who has some should step up and make a couple bucks!

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
PM sent

SportInjectedClub

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Ya i would get rid of mine..i dont want it and i have like three...lol. So pm me and i will send you a pic..for now you will have to wait for a pic..im too lazy to walk outside and its 12 am..so ya..lol

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

pred8tr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (maddog @ May 1 2005, 03:52 AM)
The little tilt out change thing to left of steering wheel if its not a fortune.
Let me know.
Thanks

Are you talking about the one under the dash to the left of the steering wheel or is there something else in the slot immediately to the left of the steering wheel? In my car it's the rear defroster control.

pred8tr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (chedda_j @ May 1 2005, 04:25 AM)

I guess. I've never seen one, but yeah, a cargo cover.

pred8tr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (chedda_j @ May 3 2005, 02:09 AM)
Ya i would get rid of mine..i dont want it and i have like three...lol. So pm me and i will send you a pic..for now you will have to wait for a pic..im too lazy to walk outside and its 12 am..so ya..lol

Post that pic dude!