• Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Crx Si, 2022 Gr86
Yes I have a k24a from a tsx.

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

What's your brake setup going to be with the k24 CSP?  I'm looking to refresh a lot of parts with suspension and brakes along with my k swap.  Any budget ideas using oem type parts? I'll be using the 91 crx hubs if that makes a difference in choices.

I'll also being using the tein suspension with stiffer bars and pan hard.. for the pan hard bar is cheddas the only option?

Thanks! I'll probaby be asking a lot of questions along the way!  Brian's video on the swap will clear up a lot I'm sure. Can't wait for that!

Edited by na-spirit, 06 May 2022 - 05:03 PM.

CSPCRX

Jesus2088, I would keep the RBB manifold then.  Overall better performance, especially if you plan on keeping it stock.  If you start changing cams, compression or head then others like RBC or RRC may be better options or even an aftermarket manifold.

na-spirit, for years I ran on upgraded civic brakes from a non ABS car with hawk pads.  I think I posted on this a while back.  This served me well under heavy track use and would be plenty for street use.  My new setup is a Wilwood caliper with 11 in rotors.  This is way more than anyone needs for the street and requires 15 in wheels.  Check out FastBrakes website as they have some great budget options on there.  

how do you pan on using there car?  That impacts what you want to go with as well as what wheel size are you trying to clear.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you.. I checked out there site and leaning on something in the middle as I'd like to use this car at Hallet road course few times a year, But mostly a street car.  Would me using EF crx si  hubs work with these 84/87 kits?  I assume yes as the rotor is 4x100 regardless. 

I'll get ahold of fastbrakes when this comes up.. I'll keep this post on topic :).  Super excited for the mounts

Edited by na-spirit, 01 May 2022 - 04:45 PM.

CSPCRX

I do not know for sure but if they are the same size as the 86-89 integra then yes.  The K swap, like the B sway, require the swapping of the hubs as the originals are too small.  I can ask Brian.  

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

See if he will look into EF crx hubs and making that work with the k swap. It's been done by the original poster, Just like to see it done as I'm sure a lot of people would who can't find integra knuckles. 

CSPCRX

So I understand your use 84-87 knuckles with EF hubs on them?

Brian responded that they will work.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Yep stock knuckles with the ef hubs. 

Awesome thanks! 

CSPCRX

Brian shared on Vtec Academy tonight that they are cutting parts to build kits so they car offer them for sale in the coming weeks.  He hopes to have a finished set on the show next week.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Add to cart! Awesome I'm ready..

Jesus2088

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 Crx Si, 2022 Gr86

Brain shared on Vtec Academy tonight that they are cutting parts to build kits so they car offer them for sale in the coming weeks.  He hopes to have a finished set on the show next week.

Yes! I'm sure everyone is going to be ver excited. Can't wait.

CSPCRX

We did some work on my car tonight and some videoing.

First we scaled the car empty and with me in it for our baseline.

In the process of removing my B16 we are doing a reverse how to B swap 1st/3rd gens.  Kind of a cool idea Brian came up with.  We also did a small segment on corner balancing and how the B vs K engine position will improve balance.

52051139057_cbaf7ff825_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

We have everything drained and disconnected so Saturday we are dropping the motor and trans and prepping the bay for the K swap!  Feels like suddenly things are moving quickly!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

B16 is out.  Thursday we are going to do some work on the K24a to make it ready to go in.  Type S oil pump, 50 deg VTC, flywheel, clutch and a few other small things.  Also going to power wash the engine bay and possibly start cutting the lump on the passenger side frame rail and get ready to weld in mounts.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I'm super excited for you! Can't wait to see some videos on this.  Your car is going to be ridiculous now ha..

Will Brian also be showing the EF hub method? I assume most people will have to go this route if they haven't already collected the integra knuckles. 

Edited by na-spirit, 10 May 2022 - 08:08 PM.

CSPCRX

He did not mention anything about the EF hub but it may come up as that’s a needed part.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily