Crxls' Next Project. D16a1 Awd 5 Door Hatch

• You cannot reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 29 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if any of you guys have the needed parts that i listed, let me know.

I have 86-87 'teg complete AC. I removed it last night from my donor car. It still HAD a charge! If your civic stuff doesn't work or you need some replacement stuff let me know.

Cool project.
"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
can't wait to see the wagon beast running..... looks like a cool project...

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (ef91 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can't wait to see the wagon beast running..... looks like a cool project...

in my world it is not a wagon. it's a 5 door hatch. unless im talking to my insurance company, they can conciter it a wagon all they want cause thats probably cheaper on insurance but unfortunately they conciter it a 5 door hatch i think. when i think wagon i think of the ford taurus or something that actually has a lot of space in the rear wagon area where this civic 5 door hatch is more like the kia rio, hyundai spectra5, suzuki aerio, 5 door hatch focus (which they also made an actual wagon...) and the likes which are concitered 5 door hatch. there is also a pic on my computer of an ad for the 3 and 5 door civic hatch's and at the bottom of the ad it says "available in the 3 and 5 door hatchback" or something like that

maybe we can go JDM and just call it a "shuttle" YO

wow, i kinda got off track here didnt i? oh well, i can do that because it's my car, my engine, my money, my hard work and most importantly, my build thread wink.gif

somewhat back on topic. after i throw the wiring harness in and have the car running the next plan is to start searching for a solid 4x4 driveshaft to eliminate the viscous coupler and get inside the rear diff to see what kinda limited slip can be put in there. im sure you guys know what direction im going here haha.

also, in the thread about famous sig's there was a sig that said something to the effect of brakes not working as well when your sliding on your roof. i was going to take the roof rack off before i read that sig but then got to thinking... the roof rack has a rubberized coating on it so this might aid in slowing down when sliding at high speeds on it's lid, therefore the roof rack rails are staying. remember kids, safety first! biggrin.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 1 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, in the thread about famous sig's there was a sig that said something to the effect of brakes not working as well when your sliding on your roof. i was going to take the roof rack off before i read that sig but then got to thinking... the roof rack has a rubberized coating on it so this might aid in slowing down when sliding at high speeds on it's lid, therefore the roof rack rails are staying. remember kids, safety first! biggrin.gif

That sums it up for me.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 1 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
somewhat back on topic. after i throw the wiring harness in and have the car running the next plan is to start searching for a solid 4x4 driveshaft to eliminate the viscous coupler and get inside the rear diff to see what kinda limited slip can be put in there. im sure you guys know what direction im going here haha.

I knew a guy (In my DSM days) that welded his center diff so he had a 50/50 power split 100% of the time. I'm not sure how he did this though, I had a GS-T.

QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 1 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my world it is not a wagon. it's a 5 door hatch.

You can sugarcoat it all you want...your pimpin out a wagon! laugh.gif Just kidding wink.gif

Edited by rwdcrx, 01 July 2008 - 11:10 PM.

"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rwdcrx @ Jul 1 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew a guy (In my DSM days) that welded his center diff so he had a 50/50 power split 100% of the time. I'm not sure how he did this though, I had a GS-T.

You can sugarcoat it all you want...your pimpin out a wagon! laugh.gif Just kidding wink.gif

his wagovan iirc has a viscous coupler... basically a 50/50 split already if it didn't have that, so by switching to the other wago 4wd drive shaft, welding the insides of the coupler, OR getting a custom drive shaft without coupler- it will end up with the same effect as a welded center diff would give since there is no center clutching/toque splitting mechanism other than the aforementioned coupler.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
Lift it...................................................?

I DID
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

Richter77

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si 1990 civic si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 1 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my world it is not a wagon. it's a 5 door hatch.biggrin.gif

Honda still makes it, except they call it a CR-V. Jack that thing up. -Bill

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Jul 3 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lift it...................................................?

I DID

QUOTE (Richter77 @ Jul 3 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honda still makes it, except they call it a CR-V. Jack that thing up. -Bill

in my opinion a SUV is just a jacked up 4 wheel drive station wagon and SUV owners hate me when i point this out because none of them would ever be caught dead in a station wagon (in the end they all will though... last ride is in a hearst). i hate SUV's so lifting is a no go.

i have mixed feelings on this car at this point. im not sure if i want to just run the shit out of it and have a blast destroying it or if i want to take it seriously and actually make something of it. maybe it will go up for sale. maybe it will make it's way back into Sindrlla's hands (thats up to her, not me). it's future/fate is undetermined at this point.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Dude its looking good man! wago-powa!
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
What sucks is there isnt any fast wagovans.

86 crx

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Computer @ Jul 22 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What sucks is there isnt any fast wagovans.

you mean like the volvo V70-R which can probably hang with the evo any day?

im willing to bet that Big Orange's boosted, fuel injected SI wagon will at least hang with, if not beat a D16A1 swapped crx

the purpose of this wagon im building isnt so much to make a fast car but to keep alive a clean 87 AWD wagon and carbs arent an option in my household so the only option is FI and the only FI option for the AWD trans is the D16A1 which was cheaper than building the wagon block with SI parts to make it FI. just for the record, the cars original engine was pretty much dead and in need of a replacing anyway so it was the perfect opportunity for a decent upgrade for an underpowered engine.

kablammyman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Integra
    Garage View Garage
you are stealing my dream! mad.gif

cant wait to see the end results!
87 turbo integra, self tuned on TE

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 3 2008, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have mixed feelings on this car at this point. im not sure if i want to just run the shit out of it and have a blast destroying it or if i want to take it seriously and actually make something of it. maybe it will go up for sale. maybe it will make it's way back into Sindrlla's hands (thats up to her, not me). it's future/fate is undetermined at this point.

Noooooooooooooo! Don't you dare give up on this WAY TO COOL project. Not now, not ever. Now, go to the mirror, and slap yourself for the above quoted thought-process.

And check your PM's 'cause I need some help. Thanks.

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 22 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you mean like the volvo V70-R which can probably hang with the evo any day?

im willing to bet that Big Orange's boosted, fuel injected SI wagon will at least hang with, if not beat a D16A1 swapped crx

the purpose of this wagon im building isnt so much to make a fast car but to keep alive a clean 87 AWD wagon and carbs arent an option in my household so the only option is FI and the only FI option for the AWD trans is the D16A1 which was cheaper than building the wagon block with SI parts to make it FI. just for the record, the cars original engine was pretty much dead and in need of a replacing anyway so it was the perfect opportunity for a decent upgrade for an underpowered engine.

I mean wagovans... Theres a few fast wagons though, the new STi is pretty quick. Probably the only STi that i like.

86 crx