This Weeks Run

• You cannot reply to this topic
209 replies to this topic

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
And how many cars were in your feature?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.
Theres still more left in it but it's starting to turn on its own. Power is ok too. Little faster than my first couple of vids ;) Plans are to travel south next Saturday to Tri-State, a big 1/2 mile "D" track that my car and third gear will like, maybe.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=SZJCabdhuJ4

And the feature from trackside. I know, I know, it's amateur. Gettin too hot out for wifey to go to the track so prolly the last one. I won so I gotta find another track to beat

http://m.youtube.com...r&v=PTzI0Z85ctQ

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
The field is getting smaller. 16 registered cars but only 8 to 10 are showing. 8 on Friday. Thers a new 98 integra (Poe, the honda guru, says GSR) that a kid bought from Little Rock "ready to race." He's a decent driver but it has an open diff and the car scaled at 2500. I'm 1700 even. Another lap and I would have lapped him. These guys don't tinker with the cars during the week to get faster so it's gonna get boring real quick.

Rules say 12 laps. Used to be 15. Last weekend we ran 13 for some reason. It is in Oklahoma....

Maine_Honda_Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
We get 15, should be 20! Last week 10 cars in the feature.

Ben

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
I just counted and only 7 ran... Not sure who dropped. If we went more Poe may have caught me. Looked like he was getting used to the car.

There's more in the suspension. Goal is to not have to lift ;) it's possible with a good dry track.

Edit: I timed the laps on the video and they are close to 2 seconds slower than my fastest on dry track.... Still faster than the rest ;) but crazy that mud/slick would make 2 seconds difference. I know the car is faster than last week. If it likes mud, it will love some dry/burnt/rubber/clay.

radar51

• 1G Addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 ford focus (ugh), 1989 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
I can't wait to see how it runs on some blue groove, it looks much better than the last set of vids! If you get the chance to head south, Kennedale has a pretty nice dirt oval.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Hoping to get back into the 1G game ASAP!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Week before last, the track was pretty "burnt in" and the car bit in like crazy mid-turn. I've added more bite that made slick mud even fun. It kinda drove itself, too easy, but very, very fun nonetheless. Mud normally means a miserable night of horrible pushing but not any more. More "bite" is on the way. I'll look up Kennedale.

I grew up on Lake Fork. Actually, way before it was there. My brother lives in Arlington.

radar51

• 1G Addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 ford focus (ugh), 1989 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
Nice. I'm from Arlington as well. Whenever you come down, I've got a beer or lunch!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Hoping to get back into the 1G game ASAP!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT MAINE!  Be safe!

Maine_Honda_Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
Got spun, broke an inner tie rod. Finished last or next to last.

Ben

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

That blows!  Getting broke is a horrible bummer.  Sitting in the bleachers watching the feature is no fun.

I'm shootin for trophy #2 tonight.  Saturday is Tri-State big track time!  I'm excited to try 1/2 mile.  Running third gear, my car should really like it.  Prolly have to go back to my 15's to stay away from fuel cut. 

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
AAAAGH! I led about ten laps but had Poe (175 hp 626) and a 98 TEG GSR on my ass. They saw I was pullin em hard in the corners running higher so they followed suit. Poe caught me and door slammed me coming out of turn two. He tried to squeeze me on the wall but I stayed in it and turned into him. He still got me but somewhere in turn three/four, my side exit tailpipe let go and got straightened out. I later found it was folded damn near shut so I was done. Poe and the TEG got me. A $90 third is still a break even night....

Some video inspection shows I lost about 5 to 600 RPM's with the tailpipe folded over. I did the side exit because it sounded really cool but cool ain't gonna win any races. What a rookie mistake. I coulda banged doors for a couple of laps and maybe got him if I hadn't choked the motor. Best racing in our class all year. Video is downloading.

Oh ya, RF was still bottoming so I gave it four more turns. It made it really twitchy ( LOTS of cross) in the heat so I gave the LF three turns. It cleaned up a lot but I think I raised the front so much my toe is off. Lots to do in the morning before I go to the big boys track.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Here it is.

http://m.youtube.com...r&v=vrbW5x-V2oU

Somewhere in turn three right after I got banged by 88, I lost the exhaust. You can't hear the car when I pass the camera any more. They wore me out after that. Still, the most fun you can have in a car.

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

1st place PAX today, 2nd in raw time (only two seconds behind the XP 280z with 400 hp driven by a national caliber driver).  16 drivers.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

Good work!

My virgin trip to Tri-State was a blast! Really long day. I started at about 0900 fixing the exhaust and some minor suspension tuning. It's two hours away and six classes (90 cars) of racing.  There were twelve heats before ours.  Got home around 0230.  I think the twitchy steering is massive bump steer from continuing to raise the front to eliminate the RF bottoming. Tri-State is a huge, smooth track. Been there since 1968 and was paved until 1978. I put the 195/55 15's back on the front and the car loved it! My crispy hard old tires did not. I borrowed a durometer after the race and they are at 75.... Which is close to the hardness of a golf ball. My new Achilles are 58. I could actually pull a little on the black/blue turbo Eclipse in the straights but he gained too much in the corners and subsequent head start leaving the corners. Poe was a little slow in the corners but killed in the straights. The Eclipse got him on the last lap. I was a distant third in a field of 10 but for a rookie trip, I'll take it! I need to spend more money to be faster. I need 20 more hp.

I'll shut up. I made the trip by myself so there is some wasted video time at the beginning. The really cool part is, the top five teched cars go through tech and pass, literally, through the bleachers. There were 50 kids in the front row so the cars pass at arms length and fist bump with the fans!! It was a blast. Ok,video.

http://m.youtube.com...em-upload_owner