• You cannot reply to this topic
112 replies to this topic

SilvaFistz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 HONDA CRX
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ May 6 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from removing your old header panel, no major mods are really required. The long hood latches on the same way as the original metal hood. When you pull the latch release, you're able to reach up under the front edge of the new hood to release the latch the rest of the way. Some folks have added hood pins, but my hood doesn't wiggle at 80mph. Adjust your latch and the two rubber bumpers at the front hood corners (they screw into holes underneath the hood) to make sure the hood's nice and tight when it's closed.

You may want to do something to fill the gap at the bottom of the long hood, where the original header panel's black "grille" was. I dremeled off that portion of header panel and bolted it to the two mounting tabs above the bumper, inboard of the headlights. Unfortunately, it's now cracked and falling apart so I'll be doing something different. Maybe a black painted aluminum C-channel.

One other thing - I didn't feel like drilling holes to plug in the windshield sprayers, so I MacGyvered some little brackets to mount the nozzles on the cowling, underneath the aft edge of the hood.

thanx for the info

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Local pickup is OK right?

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ May 6 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may want to do something to fill the gap at the bottom of the long hood, where the original header panel's black "grille" was. I dremeled off that portion of header panel and bolted it to the two mounting tabs above the bumper, inboard of the headlights. Unfortunately, it's now cracked and falling apart so I'll be doing something different. Maybe a black painted aluminum C-channel.

I did the same thing and mine fell apart also, The C-channel aluminum is the way to go. I cut one to length and was getting ready to shape and mount it and someone threw it away, I have not yet started on another one.

Scott also cut off his header panel grill but I'm not sure how it is holding up.

Scott has the first one piece hood made and it is nice and solid, I have the last one from the last batch and it is solid also. We do not run hood pins but some others do and some say they have to because it's not that strong but i have not had any reason to think I would need pins.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

shahriar35

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 95 accord lx wagon, CRX 87 DX w/ a D16a1
    Garage View Garage
I run pins on mine because I bought the hood used and already had the pins in place and second because my hook came unwelded. For me the hood would wiggle at high speeds, w/ the hood pins in place the hood is very solid.

1995 Accord LX Wagon
1987 CRX DX with a d16a1 Blacktop

bebo408

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85SI
Saving up, hope to pm soon biggrin.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ May 7 2008, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Local pickup is OK right?

Yes. Choose "cash or money order" when checking out and we can charge you when you PU.

Marcus

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ May 6 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scott also cut off his header panel grill but I'm not sure how it is holding up.

It is holding up "OK." The "C" channel aluminum sounds like a good idea.

I am too cowardly to drill into my nice hood to install hood pins. I was getting some hood "dance" at speed until I installed the black piece between the headlights.

This piece effectively channels the air flow through the "grill" directly to the radiator.

Scott
(who is giddy with delight at the prospect of a sunroof plug becoming reality)
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

JMSBND

• HONDA MANIAC
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1972 Honda N360, Honda Coupe 9s, Honda 1977 Civic, Honda 1986 JDM CRX ZC, 2003 Honda S2000
Ok I want one who else in Australia is up for it to save on shipping?

James.

P.S. I am in Melbourne.
My private collection:1972 Honda N360 Scamp; 1972 Honda Coupe 9s; 1973 Honda EB Civic Hatch; 1987 JDM ZC CRX; 2003 Honda S2000

JDT

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: JDM 86 CRX si, 97 Civic GLI
^ I'm interested and also in Melbourne. What are you going to do about your lights?

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ May 6 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Choose "cash or money order" when checking out and we can charge you when you PU.

Marcus

Marcus, unfortunately my rex was stolen, but I was wondering if you would be in the market to expand and include the g1 teg? As you know many of us are members of both forums (RPR & G1TEG.ORG) and I would love to have a CF hood. Can you make this happen? Do you need a minimum amount of buyers? If we do this, can we have the option for the ZC hump (I don't know if there ever was one for the teg, but I like the look). Hook your brothers up.

Mike

importzero

yea im also interested in buying the 1 piece zc cf hood how long will the hoods be available
turbo zc !!!!!!

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
<saving up the dough.... marcus you're the shit man!
grimms mom

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1goldteg @ May 7 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marcus, unfortunately my rex was stolen, but I was wondering if you would be in the market to expand and include the g1 teg? As you know many of us are members of both forums (RPR & G1TEG.ORG) and I would love to have a CF hood. Can you make this happen? Do you need a minimum amount of buyers? If we do this, can we have the option for the ZC hump (I don't know if there ever was one for the teg, but I like the look). Hook your brothers up.

Mike

I tried doing that a while back and only got 2 deposits out of 10 needed.

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ May 7 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried doing that a while back and only got 2 deposits out of 10 needed.

what was the problem? was it the price? were any made? I'll try and make another post and see if anyone is interested...

Mike

Infinityzero

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: D16a1 Powered 3rd gen hatch, D15a1 Powered first gen Crx
Just curious, How long do you think you will be producing and selling this batch of hoods? My header panel is starting to crack and I'd like to get a fiberglass hood yet I wont have any free money for the next month or so