531 replies to this topic

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
Now I remember why I painted my interior tongue.gif

looks like its coming along good, Kill THAT Rust!!
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
the rear well is actually fine. it just looks bad in the pic. yea i belive i got all the rust. yea the red interier is out cant use the red carpet it has to big of a hole for the standered. so im using the blue one and since im using the blue carpet, im useing all the blue interior the window trims,seat belts,ebrake cover and dash in a while not a priority also the door panels will get painted but agin not a priority.
i get rid of the ugly red interior stuff.

Edited by 3gencivic, 10 May 2005 - 01:43 AM.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i havent posted updates for a while the work has slowed down to many projects onthe go.

well anyway heres where it sits now.
i have got all the interior switched over from the parts car dash carpet seats right down to seat belts. i know a race car dosnt need interior stuff but its also going to be a d/d in the off seaons.
the engine i have that is going in also has run into a problem i cant get the flywheel off i have tried braker bars penitrating liquid and toruqe gun at 240lb and still nothing. so i desided to leave it for now and put the tranny on the engine to get ready turns out im missing the bolt that holds the throw out bearing to the pin that the cable ataches too. then it needed a starter and some wireing too.
so since i have to do this i will also put new inner and outter seals on the tranny and new oil pan and valve cover seal.
hears the latest pics.

Edited by 3gencivic, 10 November 2008 - 02:53 AM.

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If your only going to use it as a racecar then get rid of those rear windows and put in some LEXAN which can be bought from, Rona Hardware stores, it will save you a bunch of weight , and since were on the topic of weight get rid of the metal beams behind the bumpers , stereo , and passenger side mirror.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
lose the complete interior and dash... just seats, belts, custom gaugecluster
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i like the idea of plxie for the back windows and the mirror i have the blank still.

the sterieo will come out, and interior and dash adventualy i want to do a few passes with different setups like everything in it to nothing in it. to see if there is really a big diff or not and get some time stamped proof.

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
get rid of that yellow paint to its gunna slow ya down hahah

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
all in do time

the car still needs lots of work i still need a paint job too.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i got to do some more work on the car today before i got rained out.

i picked up my tranny seals,valvecover and oil pan seals today then i droped the tranny off my old engine, that was a pain in the ass but it finally fell off. turned out i also was missing a bolt and one had lossend almost off. i then took out the bolt that holds the idler bearing on, off and put the bolt in the new engine and new seals on the tranny and bolted it up to the engine.
then i went to the car and started to take the exhaust off and got stuck again the last of the 5 bolts had to get stuck so i had to cut it off now its been down pooring on me doing this so im soked. but i got it cut and ready for the de cat ing and new pipe in it.
i was going to pull the auto engine and drop the new one in but the rain shows no signs of stopping. darn.
but its progress.

well to add to the update (will be pics later.) i was able to get a hoist and pull out the auto 1.3L man are they big. well i went to put the 1.5L in and noticed it was missing a header so i though to try my dc header and it FIT so the race car is getting the dc instead of the si. like i say pics to come later tonight.

Edited by 3gencivic, 10 November 2008 - 02:58 AM.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well as i said here are the pics: old d13a1 auto and d15a1 5speed dc header on d15a1 engine.
what a job to do a auto to standerd i would of had the engine installd if the tranny mount wasnt diff so i have to do that on sat.

auto out

the cat on the dx exhaust

cant see it but dc tag

d15a1 with dc header on it

Edited by 3gencivic, 09 October 2006 - 01:35 AM.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
i guess you dont have good roof clearance for the engine hoist in yoru garage?

i dont think it will stop rainging for a little while. That header looks nice man, im hoping to put one on my car soon
EXPLOSIVO!
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
no roof space is limited in the garage, i just get the hatch up with out hitting the roof. yea the header dose look nice.
i have to find a plug though for the o2 sencer spot.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
just take an 02 sensor from pick a part and screw it in.. thats a good plug tongue.gif
EXPLOSIVO!
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well yet another update. i got the engine in the car and found i needed a diff tranny mount the auto is a diff angel. so got it and get the engine all bolted in and before i do anything else deside to fire her up. what a job. it fired after pooring gas down the carb and with no header or exhust man it was loud and it sounded odd like only 3 or 2 cylinders fireing. but she was running is all i cared. i turn off and finish hooking up the hoses then go to connect the harness up. OH OH. they are diff. so i had to take the auto one off the the old engine and use it, but now i don't have a reverse indecator. ( will do my own later) i get it all put together and go fire her up NOPE. tried over 20 mins no go. i had changed carb,dizzycap and wires, coil and plugs before she was running 100% turned out i had a bad carb and bad plugs.
and the si header is a nice fit in there too.

now have to finish the exhust to the muffler,axles,reverse indicator,rad,fan,and put front end back on then shes driveable. hehehe.
i will have a complete writeup on the auto - standered swap. aside note, IM NOT DOING IT AGAIN.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well got a bit more done i put my full size rad in since the one it had was all messed up. im now one step closer to gettin it off the jacks its been 3 almost 4 months its been on them. try to get some pics up tomorrow.