My Project Cr-X Si Ballade Sport *update 6/30/14

• You cannot reply to this topic
84 replies to this topic

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I love the MR5s but I am one of those crazy people who also like stock. It's been a crazy battle in my head. Should I do a custom CRX, or keep it stock? I change my mind every 30 seconds. I went for the middle ground to customize a stockish looking clone. Can't wait till spring, mount tires and put on the phone dials.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

jakesi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 95 Del Sol VTEC/ 02 S2000/ 11 CR-Z EX/ 86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
smile.gif This car looks almost like the car l saw back in 1985 at the Honda Dealer, that's when l fell in love with the CRX.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Image Gallery
Long time, little progress. Got my stickers on.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Also, finally got my Federal 595 185-55-14 tires, on polished Si rims. Future plans are for a full restoration, paint, POR-15, replace the red trim strip with a black one, replace the clear bumper lights with orange again, and reinstall the JDM corners and more. The car is lower in the rear because right now it is being used as storage and the hatch is full of junk.

Vicious

isn't the 1.6 badge supposed to be on the other side?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Vicious @ Oct 30 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isn't the 1.6 badge supposed to be on the other side?

Yeah, but it's coming off when it get's repainted, since the 1.6i emblem is EDM, not JDM. The JDM is just the Si, which I have a good JDM Si badge and Ballade Sport badge somewhere in the basement. The car has gone quite downhill in the last 4 years. We are currently looking at larger homes, with at least a 1 car garage.

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Damn, almost makes me regret selling those phonedials.
That tire size makes them look even better. wink.gif

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Baller Chris. Baller.

Lovin' the phone dials. Your repainting? Can anything be done to save the existing paint? I know I can't see it close up, but it looks REALLY good in the pics man.

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I don't think I can save the paint. The clear is peeled off the roof. I was going to sand down the roof with some 1000grit to 2500 grit then reclear it, but never had the time. I also have a NOS 85 header panel to replace the current one, and the hook is cracking because the body shop did a crappy job on it or used crappy materials. So, i'm going to find out if someone can use POR-15 as a primer then paint overtop it for maximum protection. It's gonna take a while, but it's gonna probably get fully restored one day. I also want to replace the front bumper to get rid of those brake cooling ducts since I decided not to race it and just keep it a street car.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
I love those phonedials...they look 1,000,000x better polished. Now sell me those 15" MR-5s.
Ive got the stock FBC off my 85, its not perfect but we can work it in on a deal for those MR-5s smile.gif

Jayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 06 Honda CRV , 08 Honda Fit Sport , 86 CRX Si
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Apr 28 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then we go from 13 inch Si rims to 14 inch 86-87 Si rims;

To my silver 14" Mugen MR5s;

And a set of 15" Rota Group Ns
Then the 15" Black Mugen MR5s with polished lip and all caps;

Man, those Mugen wheels made a huge difference for the better! It's amazing what aftermarket wheels and tires can do for these cars. I like your taste.

Jay V.

ChrisF-dude