What Brakes Are You Guys Using For Track Days?

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Had my first full track weekend.  My 87 CRX has Integra front brakes with Hawk street performance pads.  I ordered them last December and at the time that was all they had for my application.

Woefully inadequate, is all I can say.  I had to ride them during the initial caution lap to heat them up, then a few laps later they would start to fade.  By the end of the weekend I was having to brake way early.  They are toast now.  Not that I would expect a set to last more than one weekend, but it would be nice to be able to stop.

Talked to the PO of my car (my aunt) and she said they used Porterfield, that the Hawk pads took too long to warm up and faded too quickly, and that she still has a big box of them for her MR2 and can give them away :-)

What are you guys using?

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

x2 on this question.  

Also, how do I tell if my car has Integra or Civic front brakes?  Rotor diameter different?

Ed Funk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITB CRX, HP CRX, Del Sol, BMW 325is, Ford F250,"bug eye" Sprite, Mustang 5.0, Rav 4, BMW 1100RT, BMW 650CS
We use Carbotech xp12 on our HP race car and have been very happy with all their characteristics. May not want to drive them on the street, they are a bit rotor aggressive.

On the HP car, we are required to run stock calipers and rotors. These pads were very capable of pulling the car down from 130 to 50 for Daytonas turn one.
Former driver, current pit bimbo.

CSPCRX

Hawk up front stock rear.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

I've been happy with Hawk race quality on the front and oem on the rear.  Not using stock front calipers - mid 90's integra/prelude calipers and 262 mm rotors.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude

Wilwood four piston caliper front kit for Integra from Fast Brakes.  Use any pad you want.  HF aluminum drums in rear.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

I remove my dust shields from the front brakes, install ceramic pads and Motul 600 brake fluid, otherwise stock. Dot 4 brake fluid seems to be the most important, Dave

Edited by rallyxcrx, 15 October 2015 - 09:04 PM.

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip

I haven't ordered any race pads yet due to budget.  I tried to pick up a set of NAPA Ultra Premium, which led to issues that I'm starting another thread on.