Nooooooooooooooo Why God? Water In Oil. Advise Please.

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Crx SI
So I recently rebuilt my engine. Bearings rings block deglazed head revalved new hoses new gaskets. Everything. Bout 600 after everything was said and done. Car wouldnt start for a minute (read "no spark" frpm the forums for more info on that) but today I was driving and I noticed a miss fire thought huh must need a tuning. I was in there loosening the distributor and thought might as well check the oil stick. And sure enough milky white oil. Pulled off head gasket cover and more milky. One thing to note is that the engine did over heat yesterday when I went on a short drive but I parked and waited for it to cool. I also noticed an excessive amount of pressure when I took off the radiator cap. And a boiling sound in the back of the engine when it was hot. Just clues. But please any and all inquirys are wanted will my engone be fine are the bearings and valve screwed now I put so much work in to this engine. I just want CR'seXy to live again

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage

Blown head gasket. 

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Will the engine be fine. I put literally like maybe 10 miles before I noticed it.

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Will the engine be fine. I put literally like maybe 10 miles before I noticed it.

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Do you think I got the hoses mixed up because that was a brand new felpro head gasket io can't imagine it popped so easy. I mean I did get really hot fast.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude

You need to 1. change your head gasket.  2.  Seriously check your cooling system.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

too much ignition timing advance will blow the head gasket , Dave

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Do you think the head warped or cracked do you think the block warped or cracked?

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

That's like asking how long a piece of string is.  You need to take your head off anyway, so swing it by a machine shop and have them throw a straight-edge on it. 

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Taking head to machine shop. But what do you guys think the chance of my brand new bearings rings or crank shaft suffering any damage? I looked at the at the speedometer and I lyterally drove 9.3 miles before parking it.

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

No idea what the chances are, but I know coolant isn't conducive to bearing longevity.  New bearings are pretty cheap for these cars, so while the head's off and you're doing that work it might be a good idea to throw some new ones in there for piece of mind.  If anything, remove the girdle and inspect some of your big bearings and crank surface.  If they look okay you could probably get away with removing them all and giving them a wipe over to remove any coolant left on them. 

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
The only bearings ill be able to check are the rod bearings without pulling the whole engine. Imma check the rod bearings and pull the head today

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.

If it's anything like my EW, removing/replacing the pan is the hardest thing about swaping bearings.  It's a tight fit on the flywheel end.  I needed to go race and could only get rod bearings in a timely fashion so I didn't replace the mains.  It came apart, but I had a blast doing it....  If i recall, you have to pull the main girdle to get the rod caps off anyway.  At least it was way easier to pull the girdle. 

My block was warped worse than the head.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

If this is an SI motor another place to look on this is the engine oil cooler. If it has rusted out or cracked it would easily mix you oil and coolant. I used to be big on these but the older these parts get the more likely they are to fail. I'm leaning toward not running them anymore.

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

The bearings are still good, unless you ran it out of soap and kept driving, Dave