Cooler Broke My Lip

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS
so im driving down an expressway about 60mph. looking at my radio (i was the only car on the road) then i hear a VERY loud noise. i thought something blew up in my bay. so i pull over. there is a fucking cooler wedged under the front of my car!! broke my precious custom fit lip right in half!! and fucked up my grill too. three days before eibach too. gots some work to do now.. grr
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Crx SI, 06 Ford Focus, 08 Ford E-150
QUOTE (KSousa @ May 14 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so im driving down an expressway about 60mph. looking at my radio (i was the only car on the road) then i hear a VERY loud noise. i thought something blew up in my bay. so i pull over. there is a fucking cooler wedged under the front of my car!! broke my precious custom fit lip right in half!! and fucked up my grill too. three days before eibach too. gots some work to do now.. grr

Damn colmens
I paint my hood black for that carbon fiber look!!

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
how did you mis a cooler inthe road

DashEight

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: E30 M3, Lotus Europa S2, 95 Lotus Esprit S4 Turbo, B13 Sentra SE-R, Mercedes 190 16v, 99 Jeep TJ, Delorean DMC-12.
    • Image Gallery
Did the cooler have a couple cold one's to ease the pain? I can't believe the crap I see on the hi-way and freeways. It's like people can't figure out how to use a little rope or bungie cords. Seriously, a F'in cooler? To bad it wasn't a cheap ass styro-foam one. Good luck bringing your baby back to personal spec. -Patrick

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
wow... bad day for crap on the road, I was following a truck with a tailor full of black garbage bags, one bag suddenly exploded into a barrage of beer bottles bouncing off the road and my car, however many broken bottle there was, not a scratch on my car from that oddly enough... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ May 14 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He didn't! wink.gif
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Earlyer this week a Refrigerator in the middle of the highway actualy killed 2 people. They were ejected from the car when they hit it.
Posted Image

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
How do you not see a fridge on the road??

Unless it was dark out?

And they obviously weren't wearing seatbelts if they got tossed.
Must.....go......racing.......

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think it was rush hour.
Posted Image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I broke my lip on a cooler once.. I was drunk at a campground many, MANY,years ago, there were too many people in the tents when I got back, so I had to sleep on the skinny ass picnic bench and at night I rolled off and busted my lip on the cooler that was next to the picnic bench and fell to the ground.. when they woke me up in the morning, I was face down on the ground. I was covered with dirt, grass, and blood all over my face and stuck all over my teeth.. (they said I looked like a beat up gopher)...

The same yet different..

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
lol when i read the topic title i totally thought he was talking about what RARECRX was talkin bout... lol
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

C8V6C

Damn bro!

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
about 7 years ago i was following a truck that was pulling a trailer with a new in the box TV (probably 50-60 inch tv) when all of the sudden he hit a bump and the TV jumped off the trailer. natural instinct was to swerve and miss the TV just like i did but it definitely would have made for a more exciting day if i had been thinking ahead and hit the gas to hit the TV as fast and hard as possible.

i just dont understand why anyone would put a TV like that on a trailer and not strap it down. i dont haul anything that expensive in my truck but i still have a shit load of bungee cords and ratchet straps behind my drivers seat for when i do have anything back there, not so much to protect the goods but to not be a danger to traffic with goods spewing out the back of the truck
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

DarkHand

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ May 14 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Xipher @ May 15 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He didn't! wink.gif

I laughed at that at work, now everyone thinks I'm nuts. laugh.gif

When I was little, my parents were bringing home a plastic kiddie pool, tied to the top of the car... The little bits of twine that the store people used to tie it down weren't nearly enough, it went flying into rush hour traffic. ph34r.gif
DarkHand

harm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
UFO sighting a hoax, say officials: kiddie pool found overturned in downtown park.

I watched a papasan chair (holy sp? one of those round wicker super-cozy cushion chairs) fly off a guy's pickup bed onto the highway and tried to signal him with no luck. Half an hour later stopped for gas. Merged back onto the highway next to another pickup DRAGGING the wicker base under his truck. Tried FURIOUSLY to signal him - but how do you signal "you hit a friggin' wicker chair 40 miles back and the friction has STARTED IT ON FIRE at this point"? blink.gif

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (harm @ May 15 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...but how do you signal "you hit a friggin' wicker chair 40 miles back and the friction has STARTED IT ON FIRE at this point"? blink.gif

LMAO! it's quite simple really. you just get beside him and give him this look ohmy.gif then fade it to this look laugh.gif . if he doesnt know what that means, he deserves to die in a firey car crash/explosion cause everyone else on the road knows thats the universal signal for "your new wicker chair is on fire"
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member