Two Questions On Crx "symmetry"...

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
(1) Are the seat brackets the same on both sides (other than the slider bar). In other words, will a passenger side seat bolt up to the drivers side of the car with no modifications. LOOKS like they would, just wanted to get confirmation.

(2) On the cluster bezel, if I removed the A/C/Heater Control piece, could I just replace the hole with the plastic piece that is on the left side of the steering wheel, the one that holds the dimmer switch and rear defrost functions? I could just pull one from the junkyard and pop it in, right? If so, I've got an idea! I no longer need any A/C or heater controls on the rex, and wanted to "delete" these controls. Just wanted a confirmation first.

Thanks in advance!

- Dan

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
I tried (1) a few years back when my driver's seat fabric was getting haggled, after twenty years of being subjected to my fat butt. The passenger seat should theoretically bolt onto the driver's side, as the hole pattern in the floor pan is the same. However, IIRC the tilt handle thingie bumps into the side of the emergency brake console. It's been a few years, though, so you may want to whip out your socket wrench and try it for yourself. Or even easier, make a few measurements from the seat centerline.

I ended up scoring a driver's seat with better fabric from an rpr member.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
dan, yes the seats will swap across. i did this in my red rex. the leanback handle should clear just fine but i think the seatbelt does get in its way. but who needs seatbelts

dont know about the panel, but someone already told you that it would so im gonna guess they know it. i could make you a delete panel if you cant get it to work
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Jaminak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 1500 Coupe, 89 Cherokee
I have a passenger side seat on the drivers side. I did swap the rails tho. Like Kaymo said, the layback lever will clear the center console. However, it's a pain to get at and your seat belt has to wrap around it funny. But how often are you needing to get back behind the driver seat anyway? That's what that big door in the back is for.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Thanks so much for the fast reply's guys.

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes tomorrow.

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
I too have my seats reversed. happy.gif
Build Thread- Here

poweredbyhonda22

• silly ricers usless wings are for peguins
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1990 ZC EF, 1984 Trans Am
    • Image Gallery
in my 87 si derby car i switched the seats and could still use the handles with no issue at all