87 Crx Carb To A 87 Crx Si Fi

• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
lookin' good bro. Keep up the work. Don't lose heart if it doesn't start up the first time. There is usually always "something". May sound cheesy, but I said a prayer for you on the start of motor tonight, or that if it didn't start, that He would give you the wisdom to sort out the issue(s).

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
well dan The car did not start and still wont sad.gif in progress of findding out what is wrong
The Original CR-Z driver

LGM Motorsports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1984 Honda CRX, 1990 Honda CRX Si, 1991 Honda Civic Si, 1991 Honda Civic 4-door
QUOTE (JEA86 @ Sep 28 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well dan The car did not start and still wont sad.gif in progress of findding out what is wrong

When I did the engine rebuild (to the specs for SCCA GP solo competition) on my '86 Si HB, I experienced a "No-Start" situation such as yours.
After much troubleshooting, it turned out to be a bad ground. When I checked my all my grounds and they appeared to good, upon further investigation the vehicle's original main ground terminal (the one that attaches to the chassis) had quite a bit of rust underneath it where it attached to the chassis. I thoroughly cleaned off the rust with a wire brush and "Voila" it immediately fired right up!!!

Check it out!

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
here are some long overdue pics

The Original CR-Z driver

hondaguy72

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Odyssey
Thank you for masking your lip! Love the spoiler!

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
LOL your welcome i am trying really hard to get that rear panel like you have on your car its Epic
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Just bumping for updates,

Alot has changed since last update,

I have installed

New axels
New ball joints
new wheel bearings
A lightweight flywheel
Exedy Clutch
UR underdrive Pulley
and a AEM UEGO wideband.

Running the integra ECU once i installed the wideband i realized that the narrowband was useless, i was running a 16.4 AFR at WOT i am suprised she didnt "pop" I upped my Fuel pressure on the rail to 46 psi using the stock (cleaned and balanced) fuel injectors and stock pump and the car runs amazing,

With the Integra ECU the power is "okay" below 3k RPM's but once it hits 3800 RPM it pulls strong to 7000, i notice my AFR taper off into the 11's toward redline so i know the car is advancing the pressure making it "richer" this would be where a good tunable ECU would come into play to keep a Flat 13.0 AFR across the board, you can tell it richens up and kills power at around 7k so i am figuring out a balance or see how it runs with no advance on the fuel pressure. going to keep playing with it to see.
The Original CR-Z driver

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Awesome good job. If you dont end up swapping the return line it will actually flood the motor. Glad you're doing it correct. Any new pictures?

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
yeah i just ended up using all CRX Si fuel lines even the breather line as i had a Doner full CRX Si
The Original CR-Z driver

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Man your car looks sick! Keep us posted

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Love the car man. I abandoned my project. The hf donor car was rusted out. I'm going to be swapping my teg ecu in Tom. Ive finally got my regulator in running about 43 psi. I can't wait to see how it runs.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
with the mods i have done to the head (port polish everything and bored .060 over) i ended up hooking up my AEM wideband and my car loves 45 psi of fuel so if you have a wideband hook it up to the exhaust flow.
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Finally got the HF rear drums on and MY GOODNESS, everyone made it sound like it was easy with the Si/DX backing plates.... Its do-able but wow its tough. It took a Lot of Grinding (on the car) to get them to work and still had a bit of rubbing for the first 40-50 miles of driving, they are all on and good now.

Was it worth it? Probably not. But i now have Scott's approval!
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Finally updated pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

pics of the re-finished wheels

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Original CR-Z driver