• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Great progress man. Keep us posted, and throw some pics up!

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage

The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
well put all new Honda MTF in the system and Oil for break in, and i put coolant in just to find out that the water pump seal is leaking..... i guess i have to take it back apart now....
The Original CR-Z driver

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
that sucks. be sure the mating surfaces are clean! Even though, I'm sure you have. Very strange for a water pump to leak on these cars if all the bolts are in good shape and not stripped.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
yeah i think Possibly the gasket got pinched while installing it. i am going to take the water pump back off and check the bolts.

I may just remove one of the bolts and re-tq and see what that does... not sure yet.
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Finally got all of the ES suspension busings on the car last night Man were the Trailing arms an absolute pain in the Butt to get off and the new ones back in required ALOT of lube lol. all the others were not too bad.

Tonight i am finishing up the brakes!
The Original CR-Z driver

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Awesome work man! I hope it runs good for you.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
run into a problem with the Rear trailing arm on the drivers side. for some reason the Bolt will not grab.

Also the front drivers side brake line had alot of trouble coming off and i am going to need to re-tap the threads to get it to thread into the goodridge brake lines
The Original CR-Z driver

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
got around to pulling the water pump off and the gasket was pinched between the block and the pump itself. I had to order a new gasket for the pump. Wow slim pickens on the parts for rebuild...

Also,

anyone that has installed Chedda-j shifter linkage bushings... how did you get the u-joint ones out?
The Original CR-Z driver

Bubba

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Dx hatch with 1.5 CVCC and auto trans, devaced 87 CRX HF with rebuilt 1.3
You can use an angle grinder to grind both ends of each of those big "rivet pins" off (you'll need to also pry the U-shaped piece apart a bit to remove the "rivet pin"), then you can just use a bolt to replace them.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
awesome thanks for the tip!
The Original CR-Z driver

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Great work man! Yeah, finding parts for these EW's is getting pretty rough now-a-days.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
it really is kind of makes me wish i had opted for a new series D motor but i have a TON of work invested in the D15a3 so i dont want o give up just yet
The Original CR-Z driver

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yeah... believe me. I know how you feel. How do you think I feel after pouring a ton of cash into building the Hydra thats in my track toy, and trying to jump to OBD1, and then realizing "why the hell didn't I just go with a B series??" blink.gif lol

Stick with it man. It'll be a good motor for you when your done!

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
well tonight is the night of truth. i am going to start it smile.gif wish me luck that i knew how to build a motor
The Original CR-Z driver