• Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
these are more show than go... my old crx from HS:

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
NOS fogs are extremely rare, but the most period-correct look for our cars, in my opinion.

Your best bet is a used set, as these do come up from time to time. They were actually not made by Honda, but by Bosch, and the lights themselves are still available, with universal brackets. If you want the true OEM honda look though, you have to have the UBER rare mounting brackets, which mysteriously never seem to come up for sale along with the fogs themselves, I think b/c a lot of junkyard dogs never pull the brackets with the lights. Whoops! Anyway, if you can score the lights from Bosch new, and the brackets from Ebay or another RPR member here, you'll be in the chips. It took me about a year and well over $300 to source all of the parts for my NOS fog install. I even went as far as to purchase a 2nd set of fogs, paying $200 for the Ebay auction, because that auction came with the brackets that I needed. I kept the brackets and sold the 2nd set of lights to another RPR member for about $100, so I ended up paying $100 for just the brackets. People called me crazy on here. I suppose it was a bit crazy, but that's old school parts for you. If you want the good stuff, you have to be willing to pay fair money for them.

Another cheaper route is to go with the Pilot brand fogs for sale at Autozone. DevionCRX rocks those, as he posted in your fog thread. Ask him how he mounted his. I like the look of these, very close to OEM in appearance, and as OldSchoolRex said, extremely cheap to replace, should one get cracked.

Best of luck! Here's a pic from last year just after my fog install. The covers are extremely rare as well. The will usually only come with NOS kits, as most folks toss them out.

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

stock85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Civic 1500S
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Nov 23 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were actually not made by Honda, but by Bosch, and the lights themselves are still available, with universal brackets. If you want the true OEM honda look though, you have to have the UBER rare mounting brackets, which mysteriously never seem to come up for sale along with the fogs themselves, I think b/c a lot of junkyard dogs never pull the brackets with the lights.

Are there any good pictures or diagrams of how these brackets bolt on? The biggest problem I find with the universal mounts is stabilization. I hate driving down the road and watching the light pattern bounce and vibrate. I've come up with a pretty decent solution for other vehicles, but I'm always curious to see how the factory accomplished it.

I'm all for the factory route is best, but dang, 100 bucks for brackets is a little steep for me.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson
-------------------------------------
1985 Civic 1500S - Bone stock, and staying that way

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Some detail pics I took of mine dealer installed lights: (click to see larger images)

They mount to the front bumper bolt, when installed on the hatch you need a longer bolt and that spacer in the pic to get the right height.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Emefef

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '11 Tucson, '06 Montana, sold the '87 CRX, '99 CBR (half a car)
I'm cheating a little because it isn't our current setup....it's from 1993

Here's another shot of the optional Bosch lights:

If I remember correctly, sometime during the 7 years my wife had it a lens broke. It took me while to replace it, so the covers were on the lights for an extended period. That's probably why they were so faded.

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Just cut out the bumper cover and slide them in. I made the whole a tad small so they are a press fit.
Bought the lights from Canadian Tire.

zrostr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI
another option is to go to the wrecking yard find a 80's or 90's bmw and buy the fogs from that car. there bosch and on top of that the brackets and hardware swap right over to the crx. the mounting holes are the already so they bolt right up. all you need is to wire them up. when i got mine i got lucky and found a set that had rock gaurds so opted for those. prices very from yard to yard but i payed $15 bucks for the set with brackets and spent the extra $5 for new bulbs. hope this helps yall out.
a bad day working on my honda is better than a good day at work

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
These are my PIAA 80 Pro driving lights. They are kinda poorly rigged at the moment, I need to make better mounts that sit up a little higher, because i don't really like the way they sit below the bumper. I think I can raise them another 1/2" with reworked mounts.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (zrostr @ Dec 28 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another option is to go to the wrecking yard find a 80's or 90's bmw and buy the fogs from that car. there bosch and on top of that the brackets and hardware swap right over to the crx. the mounting holes are the already so they bolt right up. all you need is to wire them up. when i got mine i got lucky and found a set that had rock gaurds so opted for those. prices very from yard to yard but i payed $15 bucks for the set with brackets and spent the extra $5 for new bulbs. hope this helps yall out.

Wait a minute....so your saying that the 80's/90's BMW fogs are just like screetch's pics above, mounting brackets and all?!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1986_crx_si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Dec 28 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait a minute....so your saying that the 80's/90's BMW fogs are just like screetch's pics above, mounting brackets and all?!

If that is the case, I will be heading to the Junkyard VERY soon!

-Aaron
5 reasons cars are better than women

5) You can rub and wax a car in your driveway and not get arrested
4) Car's don't get mad at you for no reason every 28 days
3) You can't put a bumper sticker that says "How's my driving? Dial 1-800- EAT-S*IT!" on a woman.
2) You can sell your car to a complete stranger and nobody will get mad at you
1) Women can't go 200 miles per hour.

zrostr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yes they shure are

zrostr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
brackets are a little diffrent but they still work perfectly. looks to be the same exact fog light though.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I like mine because NO ONE has them.

I took the bumper off and used a hot knife to very carefully extend the slats in the front bumper. I finished it off with a utility knife to clean it up, and it turned out amazing. Matches the lines of the louvers, keeps the fogs stealthy. They are generic tractor lights from a local auto parts store, cost about $10 a piece.

Show, AND go.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Rampage @ Jan 8 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like mine because NO ONE has them.

I took the bumper off and used a hot knife to very carefully extend the slats in the front bumper. I finished it off with a utility knife to clean it up, and it turned out amazing. Matches the lines of the louvers, keeps the fogs stealthy. They are generic tractor lights from a local auto parts store, cost about $10 a piece.

Show, AND go.

Here, here!

Always thought your mod there was tasty. More pics, or perhaps a more in-depth how-to write up?!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
QUOTE (1986_crx_si @ Dec 28 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that is the case, I will be heading to the Junkyard VERY soon!

-Aaron

Yep, I have the late 80s bmw fog lights on my car with honda brackets. I have the OEM lights put up but they are the same model number and everything. I paid 50 bucks shipped for my beemer lights.

Those are the beemer lights on honda brackets. (during the motor swap)

The factory Honda Covers even fit over them perfect!

Thanks,

Joseph