1.3l Exhaust

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

*86_civic*

Hey everyone, Im looking for an exhaust system for my 1.3l. I heard that a 1.5l SI exhaust manifold and down pipe will fit but ide also have to change the oil pan & pick up for the SI's.

Where can i get this stuff for a good price?

Or should i just get a aftermarket header for the 1.5l.

Is there any difference between a aftermarket header and the SI's manifold?

Ok, and the last question is, what year SI, 84 to 87?

Thanks guys im new here so i like to ask alot ...sry..

I appreciate any help given to me. Thanx in advance.

Ohh and b4 the question come, why not swap. Not alot of money, and i think the lil engine has potential and its advantages. And it would be kinda kool seeing such a asmall engine give some decent power.
If theres no speed, then theres no need.

user posted imageuser posted image

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
you need the si oil pan for a header. si's were 85-87. go to a junk yard or ebay

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

87threeG

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic dx 1.3L 4 speed
Putting the Si header and downpipe on is an easy swap, and if you don't want to run a cat it will bolt right up to your stock exhaust, which you should probably change anyway. All you need is the Si oilpan and header and your set. The difference was night and day on my super-slow 1.3.

*86_civic*

Thanx for the reply's guys.

Night and day super slow diff., but a better or much better improvement over stock.

From this i can say, SI cheap way to go if used.
Will the SI's catback also fit. Changing the muffler though. Might as well go all the way. And if yall know what is the size for the SI's system? 2"?

Im really enjoying this site im learning alot and im getting the inspiration of wanting to work on my car again.

Thanks guys.
If theres no speed, then theres no need.

user posted imageuser posted image

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (*86_civic* @ Nov 3 2005, 01:33 PM)
And if yall know what is the size for the SI's system? 2"?

Not 2 its smaller. anything 2 is aftermarket. Its like 1 and a quarter to 1 and onehalf.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

87threeG

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic dx 1.3L 4 speed
The catalytic converter on the 1.3L is very restrictive and mounted in a less than ideal place in the engine bay, so ditching it in favor of just the downpipe helped the little motor a ton. The next best modification to do to your 1.3L that doesn't cost anything is to connect the secondaries on the carb to a source that will see vacuum from idle on. There is a very detailed write up on it in the FAQs that I highly recommend reading. I did those two things to my car and my mileage actually got better along with the car being alot stronger. Granted, the car had like 60hp when it was new so don't expect a pocket rocket, but its definitely noticable.

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
if you really want to get performance out of a 1.3L ask Kirk Olson aka gtpilot...from what i remember(may be thinking of someone else) he built an NA 1.3 with like 160 HP or something like that.
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread