Werid Thing Happen

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Dec 7 2007, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i always fill up at a little about E, and it's 8 gallons. honda wasn't stupid, they don't want someone to run out of gas.. so if it's on the E, you still have time to get to a gas station. if your car had no gas at E, people would be running out all the time. automakers do this as a safety..

New sig material.(I mean, its not wet-yourself funny, but it will do, until something comes along that makes me split my side, or pee my pants)
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Seeing as this tread has lots MPG and gas stuff. What type of milage are some of the other B-series swaps seeing and what tranny is that with. I know that right now with my B20 and the Y1 tranny I'm getting 32MPG.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thanks bp.

screech, that's about average for a b swap..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Screech @ Dec 7 2007, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seeing as this tread has lots MPG and gas stuff. What type of milage are some of the other B-series swaps seeing and what tranny is that with. I know that right now with my B20 and the Y1 tranny I'm getting 32MPG.

presto thread stealo- whats the 5th grar ratio and final drive on that thing? crxls said he's getting 39+ on the highway, I believe thats with a usdm LS or RS trans if that made any difference.

btw my civic and crx both have about 8gallon capacities plus reserve. I'm so lazy that I take my crx below E all of the time, I have yet to run out of gas but the current state of my #1 fuel filter is another question. I should probably check that out.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
so ya'll mean to tell me that i have about 3 more gallons left of gas when i hit the E?
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
.75 gallon at most unless there was some bizarre 11 gallon tank available- contrary to every written documentation I have seen.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

syko_tek1

QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Dec 6 2007, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I went to the gas station to day. I told the guy 10 bux witch gets me like 4 gallons. so they guy starts puttting the gas in and it only puts 1 gallon of gas in. The guy kepps trying to put more in and they guy tells me it wont take anymore he's like you have a full tank ohmy.gif .. My gas gauge dont work at the moment Dont ask.. but some how i got a full tank of gas over night. because i didnt have much in there they day be4.. its werid

The pump always shuts right off on mine like its full, unless I pull the nozzle out just a little.
I think it may be the angle of the filler neck that causes it.

crxeditsmall.jpg

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
I never fill my tank, i always put 10 dollars in to save weight. That gives me right under the half take line. tongue.gif

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (syko_tek1 @ Dec 8 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The pump always shuts right off on mine like its full, unless I pull the nozzle out just a little.
I think it may be the angle of the filler neck that causes it.

^^^^+1 I have ran into this situation before, that and newer pumps have a safety switch where you have to keep pressure on the nozzle.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Super_Cricket

• Daddy are you gonna Kill Mommy? Thats up to Mommy aint it?
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Civic SI 1986, Crx SI 1985, 1993 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
I believe our tanks get 8.9 gallons... They by no means take 11 or 12 the most an EG takes is 11.8 gallons. as per the Nossle yes sometimes they have this stupid safety to prevent it from overspilling... What I do is let all the air out of the tank by not introducing the nossle all the way down or pumping just keeping it at the rim for a few seconds then you introduce it and start pumping and letting go and pump and let go until its full (didnt that sound a little sexual? I have a very dirty mind)

Nero

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1999 Dodge Stratus & 1984 Honda CRX DX
    • Image Gallery
After working at my station for about a year i have filled a number CRXs I have never run into a problem with them as far as clicking early, though to be fair working there has given me the trick to get ANY older vehical to never click off (older twin tank Ford diesels are an exception) start off slow for about 10 sec. then proceed at half bore. Less bubbleing and/or frothing = more gas with less clicks. I just wish the CRXs that do come in would fill high test it saddens me to put regular in them sad.gif . As for more gas then being in there then before was it colder the day before there is "some" expansion and contraction of petrol, as the temperature moves across the scale.
'84 CRX 1st Project - Currently - Stock: Running, Hopefully Daily Soon
'88 Corolla 2nd Project - Currently - Stock: not running
'99 Stratus 3rd Project - Currently - Stock: Running, Daily