Heater Core

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx hf
Okay I know that the book says you have to take out the dashin order to get at the heater core put is there and short cuts to that.

I do get alittle heat when I first turn it on after the car heats up. but then It will take 30 mins to get any hotter. nt like last year when It would be to hot to handle in less the 10 mins.

and yes the thermostat is new. and it works.

Any help would be nice.
just click and your in the pics

http://www.redpepper...llery/v/redrex/

TheOdditie

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 91 Civic Hatch(b18a1), 91 Civic hatch(d16z6)
Nope, no short cuts...the short cut is skip trying to find an easier way and just take the dash out. I might sound like an asshole when I say that, but trust me, just save you time and headache and just take the dash out. Dashes aren't that hard to take out, just take your time and use good logic and you will have it out in no time.

I have yet to remove one from a 1g/3g, but my 4G I have to take out the whole dash and the brace for the steering column in order to take the heater core out.
Tony

syko_tek1

QUOTE (redrex @ Oct 9 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay I know that the book says you have to take out the dashin order to get at the heater core put is there and short cuts to that.

I do get alittle heat when I first turn it on after the car heats up. but then It will take 30 mins to get any hotter. nt like last year when It would be to hot to handle in less the 10 mins.

and yes the thermostat is new. and it works.

Any help would be nice.

Unless the core is leaking I'd try checking the water valve at the firewall first to see if it is actually opening. I've seen them rust and the lever will move but the actual valve doesn't open.

crxeditsmall.jpg

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (redrex @ Oct 9 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...the book says you have to take out the dash...

If the book says it, then it must be true. We are people of the Book.

Seriously, do you think the book would give you the long and complicated method if there was a shorter, quicker method?

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Dashes in these cars are easy... Its just time consuming is all...

86 crx

DarkHand

Agreed with syko_tek1, check all the simple things first before you go doing the major work. It took me quite a long time to learn that lesson. smile.gif

I've managed to get the blower motor out from under the dash without removing it (barely!), but there's no way you could get the heater core out without pulling the dash. Like others have said, it's not hard at all, just takes some time. You don't even need to remove everything completely, just disconnecting the dash and getting it away from the firewall would probably be enough. But again, check all the simple things first.
DarkHand