mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I always thought it would be fun to have one of these:

Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
hell yeah honda powered mini wink.gif i bet its really easy to do 2

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

NurburgRinger

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRXSi, '85 Ferrari 308GTS, '99 BMW 528i, '06 MadAss scooter
this is one of the greatest swaps of all time IMO

http://www.corvairco...om/V-12-01.html

Here's another Honda-motored Mini, that is faster on the Nurburgring than probably 95% of the high dollar exotics:

http://video.google....810264733187669

I never met the guy but he passed me several times on the track, usually around the outside of some off-camber, blind curve at insane speeds...

He also made this:

http://www.ringmini..../gsxr_kart.html

cheers
Kurt

DarkHand

Along with owning a Smart Roadster, another one of my dreams is to figure out a way to adapt a Harley-Davidson Big Twin into a Civic or CRX. ph34r.gif ohmy.gif
DarkHand

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Apr 16 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Along with owning a Smart Roadster, another one of my dreams is to figure out a way to adapt a Harley-Davidson Big Twin into a Civic or CRX. ph34r.gif ohmy.gif

I saw a fully restored austin mini with a Harley V-twin engine for a powerplant. Straight pipes out the back, it was crazy loud. I saw it twice, once at a car show in victoria BC and again while cruising in downtown victoria, LOUD!!!!

I have seen video online of a smart roadster with a turbo gixxer motor.

There is a company in the UK called Z-Cars that do wild and fast conversions, like a 500hp turbo hyabusa engined mini kit car.

They have also used Honda engines in their mid-engine swaps. Interesting site! LINK

They are even offering a VTEC bolt-in mid-engine conversion kit for the mini... which I guess could be modified to be used in a 3G or CRX....

Link to Hyabusa testing video. much rubber smoke and noise!

Edited by JeepGirl, 16 April 2007 - 01:24 PM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
QUOTE (mesean13 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always thought it would be fun to have one of these:

theres a local guy doing a k24 mini smile.gif

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX (Straman Convertable) 87 CRX Si 91 CRX
How about a 2JZ-GTE (Toyota Supra) engine in a S2000?

From this website
http://www.stwok.com/index.html

youtube vid

Edited by SEEKERone, 21 April 2007 - 05:40 PM.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
seen it... its not all that odd if you think about it.... inline 4 swapped for another inline engine only 2cyl's longer.
Show me a MYT Engine powered ANYTHING and then I'll be impressed.
http://www.angellabs.../mytengine.html

simple video

What you need to know:
*14"x14"x14" internal combustion engine that puts out bajilions of FTLBS of torque and substancial HP that conservatively would power an SUV to get 150mpg on biodiesel
*somewhat similar but far superior to Wankle rotary engine
*17 moving parts 23 in total
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
I'm in the beginning stages of doing a B6ZE (miata) engine, trans, and IRS into an MG midget. Not exactly mind blowing, but more reliable to say the least.
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
very cool none the less but why not make your life so much easier and stick with the stock rear end... or at least the same type of rear end, might not be quite the same on the track but it'd be so muck easier of a swap right?

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
The live axle sure does make it feel vintage! I just don't like solid axle cars, *thinks* crap i own a 1G *thinks*.

Oh, well the miata motor will be first, then the IRS.

Do V8 RX-7's count? That's about as common as a B-series in a civic, eyy?
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
QUOTE (savestheday @ Apr 24 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in the beginning stages of doing a B6ZE (miata) engine, trans, and IRS into an MG midget. Not exactly mind blowing, but more reliable to say the least.

My older brother and I are thinking about doing a similar swap into a '59 Bugeye Sprite except using an MX-3 1.8L V6 for a lower hoodline and a smoother engine. After doing a little research we also concluded that the Miata IRS is about the best option available for Sprites/Midgets. Let us know how it's going and what problems (if any) that you run into. Also, considering that you will be nearly doubling the car's stock horsepower, it will seem surprisingly fast.

QUOTE (zakats @ Apr 24 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very cool none the less but why not make your life so much easier and stick with the stock rear end... or at least the same type of rear end, might not be quite the same on the track but it'd be so muck easier of a swap right?
QUOTE (savestheday @ Apr 24 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The live axle sure does make it feel vintage! I just don't like solid axle cars, *thinks* crap i own a 1G *thinks*.

Oh, well the miata motor will be first, then the IRS.

Do V8 RX-7's count? That's about as common as a B-series in a civic, eyy?

The problem with stock axles is that they are fairly easy to break, even with close to stock power. Doubling the power and adding sticky tires and a good clutch is a recipe for quickly broken axles. You can (could?) buy stronger forged axles from Germany but you still have all the limitations of a mediocre live axle setup and craptastic lever shocks. Just my .02

To the OP: I haven't done any wild swaps myself, although I *slightly* helped a friend put a SBC in a Chevy LUV pickup. It was a bit, er, nose heavy, but frighteningly quick in a straight line. Two of the most interesting swaps that I've seen first hand at an auto-x were a V8 MGB-GT (launched like a dragster but not so great in turns) and a mid-engined Chevy 302 powered (yes, Chevy DID make a rare 302, in a late 60's Z-28 I think) Porsche 914. It was very very fast, both going and turning. I mean, if you blinked, you missed it.
Posted Image

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Have ANY of you bone heads looked at the MYT engine I told you about? Come on!! it weighs 150lbs and makes ~2000 HP!

What I was also saying was what about sticking with *A* solid rear axel? older volvos used a pretty narrow DANA 30 I think that was also available in jeeps- they are fairly common and inexpensive- they can be narrowed, axels are cheap and the volvo guys run thier built V8's with em so I bet they would be up to the task of holding a miata engine.

syko_tek1

heres several

crxeditsmall.jpg

dkyk25

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
v8 powered miatas

http://www.monstermi...ePage=CarPhotos
Recyling is not the answer. Using less to begin with is.