• You cannot reply to this topic
279 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Well, I figure it's about time I start up a project thread now that my baby is gettin a new heart. I've had this car for about 5 years now, but it has been my dad's since about 1990 or so. It was my first car and has become my passion since day one. I'll post pics of what all is done so far, because I haven't been documenting the build so far.

For a breif run-down:
the suspension is a complete Energy Suspension "red" poly bushing kit, Suspension Tech. front and rear sway bars, custom rear strut tower bar, tokico "blue" shocks. I have simple Intrax lowering springs in the rear for now and the factory tb's dropped all the way down for now, but with a new set of larger bars on the way, I will be upgrading to some Ground Control coil overs with springs.

Interior is pretty simple with a DC Sports short throw shifter and poly bushing kit, custom made guage cluster made into factory storage compartment on dash to house oil press. volts, and air/fule. 02' Si (EP3) seats with custom brackets. A MOMO tuner leather wrap steering wheel. Carbon Fiber guage cluster surround (it's not as goofy as it sounds, you need to see a pic)

The wheels and tires are Drag DR-20's @ 15X7.5 with a 35mm offset wrapped up in Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires at 205 55 R15.

A custom made de-cat pipe runs into a Pace Setter cat back mandreal bent exhaust out a single tip

there is plenty more, but I won't just talk about it all.... I'll just post some pics to get started.

-CG
b.t.w.... Dean is the car's name, it's the girlfriends idea wink.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
this is it... one last shot befor the motor was dropped.\

and shortly later that afternoon....

good bye old and crusty!

there is the "bi@#$" pin wrapped and labeled in tape... it's the only reason that motor wasn't out within an hour....

that's all for now!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well, after typing that message last night, my internet went down so I couldn't post any of this until today.... so I've made more progress now; have a look

The original reason I finnally quit driving this car to do the complete swap was becaus the clutch blew out and I couldn't think what could have gone wrong...

There's my answer blink.gif

My new under drive pulleys from Unorthodox Racing came in yesterday

And I went and picked up my custom built clutch last friday

It's kinda hard to see because it's in a bag still, but it's the equivilant of roughly a stage 4 unit from an aftermarket manufacturer. bellow is the 4 puck disk that comes with it

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
okay, the old motor has been stripped of all the necessary items for the new block alternator, manifold bracket, etc...

blink.gif Where did all that grease come from? unsure.gif

because the block that is on the bottom of my "hydra" is a DX D15, I will be swapping over the Si's oil cooler, so it had to go too...

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
now I have a question that is for all you hydra builders....

this is the water opening on the Integra head, I assume for the thermostat housing and the upper rad. hose. but the EW block has this housing and hose port on the end of the water pipe.... what do I do with this hole that's in the head of the teg? I'm not even sure what it does anyway.....

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Mar 4 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how the hell does something like this happen? i thought i had seen it all till now
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Mar 4 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how the hell does something like this happen? i thought i had seen it all till now

hehehe.... can you keep a secret? rolleyes.gif
this is what happens after an over revved clutch drop (about 6,500) on a set of R compound slicks takes place... but if anyone asks, it wasn't me ph34r.gif

this was a Centerforce stage 2 unit too.... what a shame.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I got the valve cover painted up today... It looks GREAT!!! I'll post some pics tom. Made a great find at the scrap yard today. A complete 85' carb with almost no body damage at all. I think I'm going to get the lower pannels off it and swap them out from mine that have that awful huge black line. again, more pics tom.... my SD card it freakin stuck inside my camera, and I don't have a USB cable..... rolleyes.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Well..... It sort of saddens me that no one cares about little Dean... wink.gif lol
I just like talking about it alot.
I found this car at the scrap yard today and am going back Monday to get the tail lights, hatch, and all the mint lower pannels to swap out on my car. If you need anything PM me, (see FS section)..... anyway. Just thought I'd provide an update!

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
How does a non rust bucket like this end up in the JY? Too nice to be rejected! JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Some dick decides to steal it and sell it for scrap metal with no title.... the state won't allow them to sell the whole car, not even for parts...... it can only be stripped mad.gif wanna hear the worst part of all? other than a slight front end dammage.... the ENTIRE car is still there, I put a battery in it that I carry with me to the yard for just such an occasion biggrin.gif and guess what? the damn thing runs and shifts through all the gears no problem.... sad, just sad.... the thing doesn't even have rust around the windows AT ALL!!!!! mad.gif

need any parts? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Old School REX, 08 March 2008 - 11:33 PM.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
here it is, the valve cover that is.... it's kinda hard to see because it's a camera phone pic for now, but here is my new valve cover, it's a deep maroon with gold metal flake with pearalecant gold letters.
Enjoy! biggrin.gif

AggressiveST

wow, nice.
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Mar 4 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

probably driving like you wink.gif

looking good man, lets see some more progress! I never noticed this topic til now
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Sgt. Pepper

Cool man, can't wait to see her done. Looks good so far. Keep it up.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman