Post Up Your Fog/driving Light Setup!

• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
I'm, personally, really interested in maximizing visibility at night. I'm sure some setups are more show than they are "go". That's alright, I want to see them all. Include how it effects night-time visibility and some info about the actual equipment being used.

Ready? Go!

I really feel we are pretty limited on what we can use because 1) It seems only rectangular fog lights 'look right'.. and then 2) an amber lense has to be available on it. I want to see if I can get past that by looking at some other setups.

smile.gif
No more CRX

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
QUOTE (87Si @ Nov 18 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm, personally, really interested in maximizing visibility at night. I'm sure some setups are more show than they are "go". That's alright, I want to see them all. Include how it effects night-time visibility and some info about the actual equipment being used.

Ready? Go!

I really feel we are pretty limited on what we can use because 1) It seems only rectangular fog lights 'look right'.. and then 2) an amber lense has to be available on it. I want to see if I can get past that by looking at some other setups.

smile.gif

Got two for ya. Neither are my car. The first is a show car with a Mugen kit on it. I see this as kind of the end all be all from the standpoint of foglights looking good. Notice - not all round!

Next is Ghostone's car. Not as "polished" shall we say, but I actually kind of like this. Two or three would have been a little more subtle to be sure but anyway. If they're aimed in remotely the right direction and all of them even have power I can only imagine this is effective.

OK got to throw in a third one. This isn't the most gorgeous CRX I've ever seen but I keep coming back to it. I like the big round lights. The wheels are round, why not?

Grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I don't think my little round ones look too bad.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Grant Bailey @ Nov 19 2010, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK got to throw in a third one. This isn't the most gorgeous CRX I've ever seen but I keep coming back to it. I like the big round lights. The wheels are round, why not?

Grant

I actually really like that last one. I'd like to see some side profile pics if they're available somewhere. I'm afraid they'd stick out too far for me.

What size do you think those are? 6" maybe.

I found some regular old Bosch foglights I might give a try:

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B002KCUT98
No more CRX

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Here is the setup I have now. They are just cheap Walmart lights, but I NEVER have to worry about breaking them with road debris like I do with my JDM fogs; if I do $25 and I have a new pair. They are actually VERY bright and aimed correctly actually do make a difference when driving. On dark lonley roads at night in clear weather, I can see well enough to drive with only the fogs on with no issues. (I never do this, just tested the theory after installing them to see how much light they acutally contributed to the setup.

And here is my JDM yellow fogs mounted into the 85 Si front bumper. It looks a bit rough because it was just a rattle can paint job after I had an accident, and its dirty as hell; but I really like this look alot as well. I like the way I mounted these better than how they are acutally supposed to be mounted, much more flush. However I enjoy the first setup much better as it looks cleaner and the 86 Si bumper obviously matches the rest of the trim better. lol That bumper is actually for my other CRX anyway.

Mate fogs with a set of Euro headlights and the light output is amazing. I added HID's for the look, but they are HID low Halogen high's and I typically drive on the crowded streets with the Halogens on as the HID's DO blind drivers, even after I have spent alot of time re-aiming the RHD headlights to try to beam like LHD units.

-Cam

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Blazer universal fog lights from Autozone. Yellow painted lens's.

Posted Image

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Shit deivion... I have always loved your car... Damn.

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Well I really wanted something to do this weekend so I picked up a set locally. I'll post a pic once I get them installed. Hopefully by tomorrow evening.
No more CRX

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Took a little work and a long time to find a set of lights that would fit, I did this mod in 1993.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Well, picked up a kit from.. *cough* Advanced Auto *cough*.

Not bad, it helps illuminate the area directly in front of me which is quite void with just headlights. Was fun just workin on the rex.. haven't done anything to it in a long time now. It will be an actual project once I get a house.

Kirk

No more CRX

Interceptor

• Check your rearview if I'm not behind !
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '84 Honda CRX - '72 Datsun S30Z - '89 Austin Mini
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Are there yellow fogs that light just as good as white ones? I would rahter like installing yellow ones, that has quite its look I think.

WTB Blue CRX interior parts & Dashboard

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yellow lights are technically fog lights, white lights are technically driving lights. The yellow is supposed to reduce the glare and reflections. Also driving lights are typically spot lights, and fog lights usually produce a low wide beam with a sharp cutoff so it doesn't reflect back into your eyes.
Posted Image

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Nov 21 2010, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Took a little work and a long time to find a set of lights that would fit, I did this mod in 1993.

Doug

That is the hotness

What lights did you use? Where'd you get them? Not that it would likely even be relevant 17 years later...
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (87Si @ Nov 22 2010, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, picked up a kit from.. *cough* Advanced Auto *cough*.

Not bad, it helps illuminate the area directly in front of me which is quite void with just headlights. Was fun just workin on the rex.. haven't done anything to it in a long time now. It will be an actual project once I get a house.

Kirk

Nice project man, looks good.

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Grant Bailey @ Nov 22 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the hotness

What lights did you use? Where'd you get them? Not that it would likely even be relevant 17 years later...

The lights are Blazer and I got them at pep boys back then, I just measured the space and looked for a set of lights that would fit. The lights I used for the blinkers are for a trailer and are DOT approved.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build