Oem Honda Navigation

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

k24 rd6

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2002 CR-V/1991 Integra/90 Accord/87CRX
I had previously installed an Odyssey navigation unit in my accord. Since it has been just laying around collecting dust it goes into the CRX. I did a quick mount up of the screen in the console in place of the cig lighter/ashtray/ cassette holder. The older dvd unit is large and will have to mount into the storage compartment. I still need to rewire it to fit the crx. I need to add a speed pulsar to the cluster as well as run alt, reverse, and dimmer wires.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
thats pretty cool but how is the viewing angle when driving?
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
Looks good! How long did it take?
Build Thread- Here

86_crxx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx 95 civic 97 civic
nice must be a dd you stay about 30 miles from me

silentdork818

• Mr. Sparkuru!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1988 Civic 4WD Wagon, 1990 Mazda B2200, 2015 Impreza 2.0i
You love to play with wiring, huh? biggrin.gif
Check out my website! http://www.silentdork818.com

yermo2.jpg

k24 rd6

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
The viewing angle isn't great but I am tall and lean the seat back and it seems like it will be acceptable. I have driven yet but I if I need to, I can lower and angle down a bit to make it better. I wish there was a contrast control to help out.

It took about 3 hrs to mount the display but that is with wood. It would have been quicker with metal. The wiring harness is how it was in my accord, just plugged it into radio harness to test. It will take a couple days to rewire cleanly

No its not my dd.

Yes, I like to play with wiring very much

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (silentdork818 @ Jun 4 2011, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You love to play with wiring, huh? biggrin.gif

He's definitely NOT the ONLY one. biggrin.gif

Why don't you tell em about your notebook of complex schematics that looks more like an unpublished novel, and how you took an entire wiring harness, loom, and all, out of a junk yard Integra, and used it to cleanly re-wire my ZC swap to OEM spec, which included the proper, and correct wiring of the cold air idle. Something that I consider to be a bit of a marvel, especially considering I paid some idiot before you, an ungodly four times the amount to do my first engine swap, for which that idiot never could figure out how to properly wire up a D16 in a 1G/3G, let alone do the entire swap without EVER interfering with any of my car's A/C equipment. In fact, it blows even more colder now. lol

Eternally Grateful,

Thanks Again!

silentdork818

• Mr. Sparkuru!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1988 Civic 4WD Wagon, 1990 Mazda B2200, 2015 Impreza 2.0i
QUOTE (rinnaye @ Jun 5 2011, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you tell em about your notebook of complex schematics that looks more like an unpublished novel, and how you took an entire wiring harness, loom, and all, out of a junk yard Integra, and used it to cleanly re-wire my ZC swap to OEM spec, which included the proper, and correct wiring of the cold air idle. Something that I consider to be a bit of a marvel, especially considering I paid some idiot before you, an ungodly four times the amount to do my first engine swap, for which that idiot never could figure out how to properly wire up a D16 in a 1G/3G, let alone do the entire swap without EVER interfering with any of my car's A/C equipment. In fact, it blows even more colder now. lol

Eternally Grateful,

Thanks Again!

You know what, despite all that I have a feeling this guy is crazier than me! I never would have thought about any of this cool stuff... tongue.gif
Check out my website! http://www.silentdork818.com

yermo2.jpg

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
WOW

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (silentdork818 @ Jun 5 2011, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what, despite all that I have a feeling this guy is crazier than me! I never would have thought about any of this cool stuff... tongue.gif

No, you just put a freaking power steering in a 3G, and weren't we discussing the possibility of doing a fully functional cruise control in mine?

I say put you both together in a garage for 24 hours, and I'm sure you two will come up with a new fangled device that'll take care of Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and The Taliban, all in short order, and with very minimal civilian casualties.

lol

Get to work boys. biggrin.gif

k24 rd6

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Cruise is easy. A few parts and a day or two

calicoupe

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Go EF Yourself!
QUOTE (rinnaye @ Jun 5 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eternally Grateful,

Thanks Again!

x2...he is the best in the business.....not hondas but bmws, toyotas; old school ones tooo.....one problem...I wish Mr. P was closer....see you soon buddy....thank you very much on taken care of my cars/truck.....
DO NOT PM. PLEASE EMAIL ME.

Email = tor.parts at gmail dot com

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
there is nothin like having a competent mechanic...
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol: