New Suspension Kit In The Works...

• You cannot reply to this topic
148 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
I think it is funny that while they are trying to benchmark the work we have done we have started and completed our 4th production run of dampers. Time is money. Their kit supposedly will cost less when it comes out, but in all the time it is taking you could have a sweet suspension on your car. Who can't save the few hundred dollar's difference in 6 months? Hell, I even take payments for my kits!

Sorry JEM, you started this. All the Tein/MP bashing is damn stupid when you wanna turn around and benchmark our kit. "Improve" to you guys means "make cheaper." Which is ripping off and under-cutting. If you really think you can make a better kit, why not just make one and then compare? Or hey, if you wanna copy our kit, why not just buy one.

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
At the end of the day...we're all 1g/3g owners and fanatics, trying to better perform our cars, I think this back and forth talk won't bring any good....JEM is a good guy and if he plans on copying the Mp kit for cheap then let it be..but I strongerly believe in you get for what you pay..keeping that in mind i have a Mp kit and I believe its worth every buck for it...now I'm very interested in this new kit from Megan racing, I will be getting them aswell once they are available...put them with my collection(kyb.Gr2, tokico Blue, illuminas, Mp kit)...and compair...

Even so I think we should all give thanks for those members that make things like this happen..

Frank
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

ArnyBoy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si 86 Si Straman #108 92 NSX sold:( 13 ILX 06 Honda Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
Just finished with the paintwork and filling my little boltholes in the hatch that the mugen spoiler left me, and rear wiper delete, yay! now starting work on the intake mani/ wire reduction and valve cover/vent, but always interested in replacing my illuminas and gc's any word yet on the megan's,? are the MP kit all sold out? any info would be great!!

I pitty the fool...

timmydogg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500s & 2010 F-150 Supercrew
QUOTE (JEM MotorSports @ Jul 25 2011, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"copy" ...really!?!, really?
( ^ in a Jerry Sienfeld voice... "Really!?!" )

please READ all posts carefully 1st, prior to commenting.

oh my bad. you did say you were going to use a MP kit for "research purposes" and measurements. ya that's not copying... blink.gif

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage

He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (timmydogg @ Jul 29 2011, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my bad. you did say you were going to use a MP kit for "research purposes" and measurements. ya that's not copying... blink.gif

Usually Manufactures will do this to *one up* the competition. If their shaft is Xmm mine will be XMM+2 .. If the travel is X amount of inches mine will be X+3. You have a product in production that you want to compete with, you have to know EVERYTHING about your competitors product. You want to make a comparable product or better.. No reason making a less than, from a business standpoint.. Honestly ,it's just smart business practice.

You think Sony did not own and dissect a XBOX360 and payed a Microsoft factory worker a million dollars to get one and sell it to them before it was publicly available? I'll guarantee you it happened lol..

It's what Hyundai did to luxury cars and now their product is actually better than the real deal..

I think there is just some friendly "business poking" going on on both sides is all.

The more products the better.. If it does not happen, well it does not happen.. It won't be the first time something was not produced for our cars when said to be.. We are used to it owning 1G/3G's..

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Jul 29 2011, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is... this has turned into one big back and forth bashing. It's not even a thread about the production of a kit anymore... dry.gif
Build Thread- Here

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I hope this kit dose come out, however it will be hard to compete against the MP kit for performance and quality. I had Koni yellow and the MP kit in my possession at the same time, in my opinion on the road and auto cross I favored the MP kit over the single adjust able Koni yellow shocks. The only thing I like better about the Koni's is the rear spring perches are easier to adjust with just one perch and an allen key. Otherwise the car felt better with the MP kit and making adjustments was much easier just counting the clicks rather than amount of turns.

The point is, make the kit but if I think your competition is not MP or Koni but more like Tokico's.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jul 29 2011, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually Manufactures will do this to *one up* the competition. If their shaft is Xmm mine will be XMM+2 .. If the travel is X amount of inches mine will be X+3. You have a product in production that you want to compete with, you have to know EVERYTHING about your competitors product. You want to make a comparable product or better.. No reason making a less than, from a business standpoint.. Honestly ,it's just smart business practice.

You think Sony did not own and dissect a XBOX360 and payed a Microsoft factory worker a million dollars to get one and sell it to them before it was publicly available? I'll guarantee you it happened lol..

It's what Hyundai did to luxury cars and now their product is actually better than the real deal..

I think there is just some friendly "business poking" going on on both sides is all.

The more products the better.. If it does not happen, well it does not happen.. It won't be the first time something was not produced for our cars when said to be.. We are used to it owning 1G/3G's..

Yeah it could be one upping, which would be one thing.....OR....

It could be "well...we don't really wanna put the time into figuring out the best way to make this kit. The dimensions and all can be worked out, but since these guys already did it we can just get one of their kits and go off that." And then bank on sales purely because the cost is less. That is a little sleazy and not the basis for competition actually being a benefit to the consumer. What this does is drive innovation away and leave the consumers with the droppings in the bottom of the cage. Which is basically the story of America in the last few decades.

This kind of supports our stance and negates theirs at the same time. This whole thread has been about how Tein is overpriced, over-hyped junk (essentially speaking) and something just as good but cheaper is needed. Yet here we can blatantly see where the cost and hype comes from. It's called R&D and ENGINEERING.

This isn't business poking. It is the literal problem with our industry creeping into the deepest depths of a cult market. Competition is a good thing when one company challenges another to improve. But that is clearly not what is going on here.

(PS thanks Aren smile.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Jul 29 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it is... this has turned into one big back and forth bashing. It's not even a thread about the production of a kit anymore... dry.gif

It was a one-sided bash fest before and nobody seemed to have a problem. I didn't take this here. At some point, we need to defend our product. Especially because the person standing to compete with it is looking to use it as a benchmark. More power to them, for sure. I can't say I wouldn't do the same. But he's done so much Tein bashing you would think he could come up with a kit WITHOUT the effort myself and Tein put into it.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
You're wasting your breath Marcus. He won't produce anything, except empty promises. You've already delivered myriad great products for our cars. I think you could stand on your reputation here and no one would think the less of you.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ Aug 3 2011, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're wasting your breath Marcus. You've already delivered myriad great products for our cars. I think you could stand on your reputation here and no one would think the less of you.

agreed

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
You guys are right...however the need to present one's case is important at some point.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Not really, he'll shoot himself in the foot if he's as bad as you say... kind of already has don't you think? All of this is just beating an already well beaten dead horse.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.