What To Do?

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

skygtrr34

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX
I need a few opinions... I have my own.. and I think I know what I am going to do with all of this... but if these were your situations what would you do?

Situation Numero UNO
I work for Mercedes Benz.. I am the lowest on the freaking food chain and make around $9.76CDN an hour.... My rent is 450/month, car insurance is 110/month and gas on average is like 40/month ( I fill it very rarely and throw 10 bucks in every week) so that is approximately 600 a month maybe more including other things I can't think of...
At work I usually get 2 pay cheques a month... each are barely 600 bucks and I am left after paying my bills and whatever amounts to my mum and dad for helping me out with somethings.. with less than 100 to save up for.

I AM QUITTING MERCEDES.... I am so frustrated.. this pay cheque is already gone because of rent...

Situation Numero TWO-O?
Speaking of situation uno.... I am thinking of taking my car off the road for a few months because my insurance company REFUSES to give me my discount for yay amount of years of driving.. i think i have 10 - 15% supposed to be taken off... its been 3 months since I have submitted it and NOTHING has been taken off.. I am moving closer to my boyfriend (not intentional) so he would actually be within walking distance. So with my car off the road I would save myself 150 bucks round about off of my monthly bills..

These may not seem like big issues to whoever is reading this... but this has been going on for... 3 months now and it's taking it's toll on me and I am so frustrated...
user posted image
^

That's how it's done

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
that is a hard one to desid one but i would go with the 2nd one. bing i know its alot harder to pay for all that if yo ahve no job. so i would find another job FIRST before quitting be cause ei sucks ass. and if you havent workd long at a job ete they rap you. so yea get a job first before tring to quit.

park the car and get a bike from a thrift store or something. for 10 bucks saves incerence and gas.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (3gencivic @ Dec 22 2006, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is a hard one to desid one but i would go with the 2nd one. bing i know its alot harder to pay for all that if yo ahve no job. so i would find another job FIRST before quitting be cause ei sucks ass. and if you havent workd long at a job ete they rap you. so yea get a job first before tring to quit.

park the car and get a bike from a thrift store or something. for 10 bucks saves incerence and gas.

laugh.gif Man riding a bike sux big ole balls...i did that for years. Good exercise and highten sexual stamina but damn that stuff. Ppl honking and yelling at you. Almost hitting you, hell I had a bunch of kids try to hit me with a trash can one night. MFR's but really Sky...get another job, or find you a sugar daddy, just not a old creepy one...ewww!

Edited by ibcnya, 22 December 2006 - 12:49 AM.

Moose

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1999 Turbo-Si, 1987 Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2001 Procharged Cobra, 2007 Jeep Compass
Do like i did, pick up a 2nd job...i work part time for a ad agency... doing photo retouches... doesnt pay much, but i do it from home, and i get to drink scotch on the job.... blink.gif

Two jobs sucks, but bills are bills.
The Original Corndog Minion

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
like ibcnya said get a sugar daddy
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

skygtrr34

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I love the guy I'm with... no suga daddy is gonna replace him tongue.gif

trust me... if i did find one.. id most likely be washing his car AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am on the look out for another job... so we'll see how that goes
user posted image
^

That's how it's done

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 honda civc wagovan, 00 silverado
    • Image Gallery
that sounds like a lot for insurance. i don't know how it is in cdn. but here in the us i pay about 120 evey six months. seens hi even for beening young. hang in there keep a eye out for a job thing alway seen to work out. back when i was a youngster min wage was like $ 3.35 an hour and that is what i made for a few years . and if you got a good relationship and a good family that is al you really need. good luck
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

Sgt. Pepper

Sky, first thing to do is get another job or find a 2nd one. DON'T quit your current job before you get a new one and NEVER burn bridges. It's nice to know that in a pinch, your old employer would take you back. Keep the car on the road, at least for now, you'll need it to go on job interviews or get to the new job. Look at the rest of your bills and see where you can cut corners. After my divorce I was left with nothing! After bills were paid I had $7 to spend on groceries for a week, and made it work. It can be done, you just hafta be creative and remember it is only temporary. Chin up and hang in there, we're here for ya! smile.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Sgt. Pepper says it right. He's been around the block. Like he said, find another job before you quit and never burn bridges. Don't have a kid, live with roommates, and try to keep the car because I don't think that you will find one cheaper. I work with a bunch of graduate students who are poor in an expensive city. I know how they get by.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I say don't quit your current job. Work extra hard and someone might notice and suggest a promotion or raise. If not, ask for a raise...the worst you could be told is no.

Call around and get a lower insurance payment.

Buy the lowest octane gas available.

Don't waste money on frivolous things like eating out, clothes, movies, etc.

Have a yard sale and ebay things you don't need.

Buy lots of Ramen Noodles. wink.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

skygtrr34

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Heh well I just moved out on my own... I NEED THINGS.. not give them away tongue.gif

My car runs on the lowest which is 89 octane tongue.gif

And the way insurance goes here in victoria is basically you have different companies...but the rates are pretty much so similar (If steve or richard ever read this... correct me if im wrong) heh My car would've been around 300 a month in Ontario for my CRX tongue.gif

And I havent bought myself pants (except for my dress pants and shirt for work parties and what not) in over 8 months lol
user posted image
^

That's how it's done

ChrisF-dude