Which Way Should I Go With My Project

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

manag00

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members

Hi all,

I have a new project in mind and would like your suggestions on which way i should head.

I have an 1987 crx si that needs another engine.

I have bought an ew5 and the necessary components to make the swap. The engine (EW5) is getting refreshed.

I am looking for about 140-150 HP to the wheels from the EW5 but I do not know what to do to the engine to get me there.

I would like to turbo the engine after the swap is done. Do you think that with the turbo I would get to that power level?

Thank you 

rustycivic

• ol Dusty
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 Integra sedan, B20V for the daily, 87 CRX Si for play and a 97 Oddysee for the family stuff
    Garage View Garage

I'd hope that with a turbo and a build motor you can make 140-150. I know it's sorta apples and oranges, but turbo D's make 400 easy with pistons, rods and studs. I know lots of daily driven d15/16's that run around 200 stock internals. 

Problem is turbo is kinda a lot of work on this chassis. Not impossible and it's definitely been done, but you'll need to cut a few things for clearance, run a half rad, that'll require some work and then block part of that with an intercooler. All while keeping the rad from being too close to a snail. I'd say for your goals, shoot for a good streetable high comp setup and somehow find a cam, gear and see what you can make of it. 

manag00

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am leaning towards going all engine. I would like to raise compression via boring out the cylinders to fit the (or an aftermarket equivalent) of the p29 integra cylinders.
I am also looking at porting and polishing the head, intake manifold and throttle body. The head will also receive a 3 angle valve job. I am also looking at getting a stage 2 camshaft and an adjustable cam gear. Arp head studs and a full refresh of the engine (all gaskets and seals) will be done as well. New clutch and pressure plate will be added.
I hope that I can end up with 140 hp at the end of all this.