Moonlight At Civic Si Resto

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery

Welcome!!!! I will be keeping a eye on this build

SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: EF9, AT-SI, GS300
Did a little more on the car today, weather looked decent so I thought I'd try and find the wiper motor and attach that.. ended up doing a bit more than just that though haha.

zzgpqiev.2po.jpg
A strange idea, these relays are meant to just sit inside these rubber covers by the look of it but of course they don't and just fall out, any idea how to keep them in or maybe I'm missing something that holds them in ?

k4a1dw4i.j5a.jpg
On the driver side (or passenger side for LHD guys) it looks like potenially there was a crash or it could be as a result of the bump at the front pushing the lot back. Either way the fender needs to be straightened up a bit and repainted etc. Same with the side of the door.

jtbktpkt.sab.jpg
Another problem.. due to the rust on the edge it's eaten away the mount that the bolt goes through and it just pulled off ! So.. maybe need to find a new fender or just yolo it and put all the rest on and hope for the best..

fdzlurod.ttq.jpg
What I originally planned on doing, fitted this wiper motor which got rid of a plug hanging around :D

sr1qbsxe.oiv.jpg
You can see the whole side doesn't quite line up. The bumper is a bit bent up and compared to the other side the gap below the headlight is alot more.

etzoz5yo.gbr.jpg
These wheels came as part of the deal, redundant as I have Mugen CF-48 hopefully arriving next week from somewhere down the line. Guess they don't look too bad?

tid100hd.jba.jpg
Seeing this actually looking like a car again is quite nice.. I do have quite a list of things that need to be done though..

Repair rust spot under rear left window.
Go over the door hinges with a bit of rust convertor and primer them.
Sand down passenger side pillar repair and paint over with some primer.
Have driver side hinge area repaired.
Fit windscreen.
Reconstruct windscreen seal tracks.
Check why driver side door does not seem to shut as well as passenger side.
Bleed brakes.
Go over underside front crossmember with rust convertor and spray black.
Clean muck out of engine bay, old oil etc
Find new passenger side headlight.
Get a battery.
Test radiator fan working, suspect maybe not?
Find an intact intake pipe and box.
Fix rust on back hatch or get a replacement.
Clean up rust around gas tank filler.
Fit new shifter.
Wire up rear high stop.
Wire up rear windscreen wiper or remove wiper all together.
Clean carpet and re-install.
Find interior parts for around shifter area (rubber boot etc).

Also I had a spare EF9 front lip so held that up for size.. nooppe not a chance to fit that! AT is way square and alot thinner than EF.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
10464411_10152553078805833_2676831189381

Guess I won't need those other wheels now :)

whiteballade

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx
Pm'd

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
First of the new bits arrived, Cheddas Auto short shifter, and of course we will add a Blackworks Racing shift knob (Available from Moonlight Racing!) on top.
dikqsrzr.saj.jpg

Also, I'm feeling two-tone quite a bit at the moment, funnily enough my friend Nigel just happened to do an artist impression..
10518687_10152625609368755_2295196237748

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Today, decided weather was OK enough to have a fiddle and a poke. Initially was going to look at bleeding brakes today but turns out the rear left side pad is missing some kind of bracket so the pad is not secure inside, made it difficult when pulling off the drums (which will be getting replaced as well). I will get some new pistons as well for the rear brakes as apparently they are prone to leaking, so worth doing that easy job.

I did change the plugs though, these are the old ones.. seen better days:
10547682_10152565434510833_8829257432272

Also bonus when took rear wheels off:
1aq3i2p2.bjx.jpg
good-day.gif

For those internationals, Jamex is a low spring brand in NZ/Aus. Although it could do with a few coils lopped off I think haha. Bonus, pads looked in good condition.

MichaelStar

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2003 Jaguar S-Type R
I always liked two toned cars. I might do it to mine as well

3GCivic47

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si

lol @ the ice cube gif

A day when progress is done to your car feels great.

I need to get the wheels off my Si to see what's going on there...

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Did a little on the AT.. wasn't originally planning on it but didn't have much on today anyway; nothing too spectacular..

xxyuvips.4cb.jpg
Fitted up the NGK leads, blue !

mt5b1euj.m25.jpg
Strangely, the coil lead seems to be incorrect.. oh well I will reuse the one that was on there (Top Gun brand, bottom one)

hx250axt.jie.jpg
Also went to fit up the new brake cylinders for the drums in the back, couldn't get the stupid nuts off; seems like they were spinning around freely without being properly attached to the old cylinder.. some more work required on that one. Vice grips involved perhaps. By that time it had started to rain so I packed it in. More parts incoming soon !

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Few more bits have arrived..

1tt5jeu0.u0y.jpg
New left headlight as my other one had a chip in it which I suspect would cause it to fail WOF and I also didn't like the look of that with a chip

mefmiede.pyp.jpg
Front and rear Cusco strut bars

Few more bits expected in the next day or so for the rear brakes then.. hopefully can finally get onto getting the car stopping and going under it's own steam.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Not sure if you figured it out or were told. That is a wind deflector for when the glass is removed. On these cars its easy to remove that glass. Just unlock it, slide the red button up and squeeze the side metal hinge parts and swing toward front of car, then push glass up and back to remove front hinges.

utpdjjlb.eon.jpg

What's the deal with the interior visor thing for the sunroof, anyone know?

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah seems odd to me that exists but kind of cool/quirky I guess !

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Woop so my brake drums and locking pins/springs arrived today.. with any luck I can fit them this weekend.. we'll see how we go !

10540232_439525432857402_707117540_n.jpg

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Had some good things and some average things this weekend..

ttbwc3av.fef.jpg
New headlight arrived, no more chip in it !

ysgovbtk.vvx.jpg
aoefuf3v.hlb.jpg
New front lip from some old Volvo.. not bad.

okyag11d.xix.jpg
Custom !

fcnjibfb.kmg.jpg
ebtalp5o.q1q.jpg
There were some broken brackets and bits on the new light so transferred from the old light. Good thing about old cars they are easy to work on.

pmhfdsl5.w3m.jpg
Didn't notice this before but this is broken T_T Need to get a new one.

hwiej3ic.hc2.jpg
2naojmto.m1l.jpg
Deciding whether to use OEM or make something up.. I thin OEM will be better for now.

The not so good thing is the right side drum is still seized, not sure why so gonna have another look with some folks that actually know how drums work during the week all things going to plan. Left side no problem works as it should.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Last week I had some excellent help from a couple of top folks so now the brakes are about as good as they're going to get for now, cheers guys ! Replaced one wheel cylinder and bled the whole system out. This allowed me to put the rear wheels back on and get that on the ground first..

My plan was to get the car started on Saturday just gone but I ended up being quite sick which is annoying because the weather was perfect for it.. of course on Sunday I was OK but the weather was shit. Ended up basically getting one front wheel on then calling it quits. Anyway the other night I put the other wheel on and I think it's buckled because it hits on the brake line bracket sometimes.. meh I have enough others so will just put something else on when the time comes. At least the car is now on the ground and have added more blue !

10518321_10152620770230833_6679638918309

Perhaps in the next day or so the car will be started.. here's hoping for some decent weather and a bit of light tomorrow evening ! As it turns out I need to adjust my driver side fender as well because it gets crushed by the door >_<