Questions? Click Here For The Answers

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

gergelyh

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: gen 3 civic

If its black then its burning oil and mor ethan likley you blew a piston ring.

At least thats what happened to my friends franken(1.5 on 1.6 fuel injection(motor was clamed to be 1.6) 89 si rex.

As far as I know black smoke means you are sending to much fuel into the combustion chamber. Blue smoke is piston ring problem.

Now my question. the rear suspention on a 3rd gen civic is an ibeam/panard bar setup right?

jerktimus

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: bicycle at the moment
How can I tell which engine my car had? Is it in the vin?

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage

How can I tell which engine my car had? Is it in the vin?

It is in the VIN, I believe digits 4-6. You will need FSM to decode it. It will also be stamped on the block below the dizzy.

What yr and model do you have?

53mpg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Hatch, '99 Grand Prix GT, '80 Camaro Z28 406SBC
    Garage View Garage
Hey, just bought an 87 dx hatch about 2 hours ago. I've noticed when the cat is off, key removed and all, the brake lights stay on, as well as the radio. Is there a switch somewhere I'm not seeing? I have to disconnect the battery everytime I park it and its getting annoying. Thanks in advance!

letank

Hey, just bought an 87 dx hatch about 2 hours ago. I've noticed when the cat is off, key removed and all, the brake lights stay on, as well as the radio. Is there a switch somewhere I'm not seeing? I have to disconnect the battery everytime I park it and its getting annoying. Thanks in advance!

The brake pedal has a plastic stopper that desintegrate w time, and now you close the circuit, you may notice pieces of blue plastic on the floor. Dealer has it, or you can put some nylon bolt and nut in the appropriate location. Lift the brake oedal and the light will turn off. Duct tape....

53mpg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Hatch, '99 Grand Prix GT, '80 Camaro Z28 406SBC
    Garage View Garage

The brake pedal has a plastic stopper that desintegrate w time, and now you close the circuit, you may notice pieces of blue plastic on the floor. Dealer has it, or you can put some nylon bolt and nut in the appropriate location. Lift the brake oedal and the light will turn off. Duct tape....

That was it, thanks a ton, never would've found it.

Another question, my car doesn't have a cigarette lighter. I can see the location where it would be, how hard is it to install one? Do I need to run it through a fuse? Any help would be much appreciated.

dky

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 civic ah 1.5i GT
Hi,
Can you please tell me if the Rywire OBD-0 to OBD-1 jumper harness works in the 3g 83-87?

Its says that it is for the 4g 88-91 civic. Did they use the same harness in the earlier mpfi 3g's like mine?

jdmontheway

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: civic/integra
HI RPR, i have an 86 civic sedan carb. now it has drums out back and wanted to know if i could use an integra rear disc brake axle beam or civic si beam. i want rear discs out back... help!!!

MidioriFox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Hatch Si
My 87 civic si hatch has a few exhaust leaks. So I'm getting a new exhaust system. I'm looking for a performance one to replace the old one. What are some good options? I'm also thinking of ditching the catalytic converter. Will exhaust systems for crx's work?

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.

This is close to the oldest thread on here.  Prolly have to use the search function up top.  It's all here.  Good luck hunting!

Rude Ralph

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx si
QUESTION! What all would I need for b series in 1985 crx and for rear disk conversion?

richard

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
B series mounts from Hasport, axles (also Hasport), sk7 intermediate shaft, integra hubs and pretty much everything else required for any b series, wiring, ecu, etc...

For the rear discs you'll need to source an 86-88 integra, handbrake lines, prop valve, rear hubs, the brackets, and mount bolts... Theyre longer than standard...
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

scott.cardwell76

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic wagon
Can anyone tell me why after a devac on my 86 wagon 4wd the 4wd no longer engages.

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

Can anyone tell me why after a devac on my 86 wagon 4wd the 4wd no longer engages.

Do you have an OEM repair manual? Perhaps a line you removed was to engage the 4wd mode, although I would be surprised if that's the case. I'm not too knowledgeable on the carb'd model cars. 

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage

Do you have an OEM repair manual? Perhaps a line you removed was to engage the 4wd mode, although I would be surprised if that's the case. I'm not too knowledgeable on the carb'd model cars. 

scott.cardwell76, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Figured it out, the check valve was the right way, it just wasn't receiving enough vacuum, I had a T in the line, once I removed the other line and capped off the T, she went into 4wd no problems, thanks for the help though guys...