• You cannot reply to this topic
55 replies to this topic

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si
biggrin.gif

let me know, as long as i'm not working or anything I will be there. 235whp? what engine? did you boost the "stock" engine like sawchuck?
Someday my car will look as clean and sexy as this:

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

-1985 CRX DX, sold to Justin

-1985 CRX Si, sold to Indyman.

-1991 CRX Si, totaled in the mountains, RIP

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 DOHC Si 1600 Hatch, 86 DOHC turbo Si 1500 Hatch & 86 CRX EW4 Si
Damn it the oil pan gasket didn't seal on my car. So as soon as it comes back from the exhaust shop I'll be tearing it off to fix the pisser. Hopefully there won't be anymore set backs I'd really like to make it down there. I'll keep going on it till I get it right but I won't leave anything to chance on this trip with a freshly built engine if I can help it. Can you blame me it's 2000 miles or so round trip. Here's what I'm planning to bring.
It's my variant of the hydra. It's what I call the EZ1. Here's a link to my build. http://www.thezcr.co...ead.php?t=21315
Get more bang 4 your buck.

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
It'll be on a weekend and I'll give plenty of notice. I am running the 12v EW. I first turbo'd it in 1995 and built the current exhaust manifold in 1998. The block has stock pistons w/shot peened rods/ARP bolts/head studs, ported head, valve springs,cam, 62mm TB, tubular exhaust manifold, t3/t04b turbo, Garrett intercooler, etc. The car still has AC. I built it to be a street car.

I should be able to reach 235whp at about 12-14 psi on race gas (C16).

My exhaust manifold. It has a Turbonetics Deltagate that goes on top.

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 DOHC Si 1600 Hatch, 86 DOHC turbo Si 1500 Hatch & 86 CRX EW4 Si
I didn't get my car on the road yet but it's oh so close. I got the oil leak fix and the Ron Davis raidator dropped in. Ran it for about 30 minutes with no problems. So looks like the trip is a go. biggrin.gif
Get more bang 4 your buck.

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Attendance:

WOLFCRX----------Nacho chips, chili, nacho cheese, some soda's
cbstdscott---------some Malted Adult Beverages
Rinnaye
Duckorbleed
Madkore
wills85
importzero-----Turbo 1gen
Alixm86
Cahender
Jeff and Jan
hatchbox
anassa

Mike==07 Boss mustang
Dinnis=77 Toyota land cruser(all original including owner)
Donnie=09 Mugen civic Si & 04 civic Si
Donald=94 integra
Vickie==07 350Z

Maybe's

Honda-design
1GEN_SI86
redredrex
'85-SI
KSousa
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

importzero

i will also be there with my 1g rex turbo i couldnt make it vegas so i have to make it now so many turbo guy going cant wait to go rolleyes.gif
turbo zc !!!!!!

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Add another cool car to the meet, My friend Rob will be bringing his beautiful VW. I did the interior. wink.gif

It was featured at the end of last year in one of the vw magazines, I called him today and he was doing a photo shoot for another magazine when I called.

And this will be another one at the meet, 09 Mugen civic Si.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
From what I can see, that interior looks amazing in the VW.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at The Spring Kickoff.

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Unfortunately, Aero & I won't be able to make it up this year.

My Koreana Gifts and Arts Store is open on the last Saturday of each month, and my Sister was supposed to cover for me this Saturday.
But she can't make it this weekend, so I have to stay and cover the store on Saturday.

Everyone have a safe and fun time.
Enjoy the great company and great cars.

Take lots of pics!

And drink a brewski for me please.........

Madkore & Aero
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
Update for me:

I had bought a EW4 block of craigslist that I was going to swap in since my head gasket was dead and the water pump was leaking.

It was supposed to have lower milage and the head had newer valves and was good running.

Turned out the block had a whole the size of a golf ball with the piston/rod destroyed, so no good on the block.

The head was supposed to better so it was sent to a machine shop for a valve job, found out that all the exhaust valves where bent, 2 intake valves, and all valve seals broken.

The stock engine head that had the bad gasket is being sent in to the machine shop too. Hopefully it has only two bent valves, the cam shaft is snapped, also the timing belt was also stripped.

So the plan right now is: machine shop uses whats good from a combination of the two heads for one working head, and the snapped camshaft will be swapped with a gude bullfrog cam and AEM cam gear. Which will be put on a EW1 block that doesn't have as many miles on it and hopefully in better condition, this will be mated to the stock 85 si tranny and will hopefully be put back in to the crx with rebuilt axles before Saturday.

So I still hope to make it, even if I have to come late with the crx if it gets finished Saturday morning/noon.

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

simplyhonda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 89 Wagon RT4wd, 1979 Civic 1200, 1986 Land Cruiser
    • Image Gallery
Sounds like I'd better start driving tonight - Cali is a long way from NC tongue.gif
Sounds like a good time - You guys have fun and post some pics!!
Helping keep the first generation CRX alive!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
So it looks like I will be a caravan of one on Saturday morning. blink.gif

No problem, I will stop at the gas station in Sylmar (next to the Denny's right at the Roxford exit off the 5 FWY). I will check fuel and fluids, pause for any possible caravanners and the hit the road about 10:45am.

Doug, should I stop for ice on the way up or will you have enough?

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
ill be there Scott....

goin to pick up my head tomorrow (a lil later than planned) and load up my suv with goodies for a few fellow members @ Doug's.

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Scott, another bag of ice can't hurt. Thanks

If you are getting directions from mapquest they are wrong at one point, do not turn toward Lamont(right) on the 184(weedpatch hwy), you will turn left.

Better yet just use my directions on the first post and you will get there just fine.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
%&@@$#!$$^@$#&@%@$%@$@##^@$^#$&@$ <------- insert your favorite 4 (or more) letter words.....

machine shop said they won't do the head over the weekend, so I have to wait till monday for the results..................................................................... mad.gif mad.gif

so i guess i will be there in the saturn again....

%&@@$#!$$^@$#&@%@$%@$@##^@$^#$&@$

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL