• You cannot reply to this topic
193 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
I'm actually looking forward to seeing your shop completed! I just can't wait to see when you actually START work on the car. It's going to be a nice one.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I can't tell you how anxious I've been to actually wrench on the car! Seven months of posting and all I've officially touched were the front brakes. I've never spoken w/ another who's worked a concours, but I'm sure its not like Foose on TV. Long, slow and tedious.

Finally completed the front doors. What a pain in the A$%!!!

wrapped the tin around the door like a refrigerator. Just need to pop some weather stripping along the edges and it'll seal like one

Family is coming home a little early. So I should be able to complete the back gates and possibly get some roof joists up.

Summer work load just doesn't allow much time to play. W/ Winters off, I can't wait to have this space to get some work done.
Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Got some NOS parts from the 2010 GSR here in DFW area. Thnx Bobby!! I owe ya!

Protective side moldings to complete some sets and a side sill garnish.

D
Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Family came back same day as 2010 GSR. So things are just now getting back to normal here. Unfortunately, I only got as far as the framing the back door out. Roof will be a work in progress. Its only time....

Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Right after the GSR right here in DFW, the temp turned 100f for about 5weeks. So work outside in the heat has been killing me. No energy to work garage.

Then comes alone this courtesy of RARECRX! And yes Jeff, everything came way more than I expected and I appreciate the extra goodies!

I have 2 last Holy Grails. An NOS header panel and NOS carpet. No excuses beyond the workshop and time after that to get this puppy going. Well, the header panel so I can go to paint.

So, for the time being, we won't call this "this old house" , but "these old NOS parts" until I begin wrenching.

Thnx again Rare!! They are perfect

Mats were stored well. No mold/damage. Smelled like new outgasing rubber/carpet. My hands smell like new carpet from handling them.

All the nipples are there in the rubber, can see the polishing marks from the tooling imprinted into the silicone rubber. Mold flash in place on the edges.

Carpet is mint. Not a single blemmish. To see a part that gets so trashed in a car and to have one so pristine, is amazing.

Smiling ear to ear today!

Next progress will most likely be in October as workload lessens and I'll have time to work.

D
Keepin' it OEM

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice work. I wish a guy like you lived near me.. I would be contracting so much work for you around here!! Great work on that fence and workshop area. My Fence is falling and my deadbeat neighbor will not pay shared fence responsibilities lol.

Once you get tha shop done you will be smooth sailing on the Concourse project!... Good luck.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thnx again Rare!! You've kept these in mint condition! A foot will never step on those mats.

I'd love to stuff your 98K si in the barn for safe keeping.

D
Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
finally!

Bought this stuff 2 years ago and been waiting for the right time to pick them up. I drove to DC just for the purpose of getting these parts home safely -- and the opportunity to pick and pull from a 77K crx si! No way was I going to ship these fenders. These parts have been out of circulation for at least 6 years.

Here's the mother load. 2 fenders and a rear bumper NOS!

Bumper

Out of box fenders.

Now, I just need a header panel and I can begin the restoration w/o excuse. So someone out there, cough one up so I can get this show on the road!

I had no idea Honda primed this stuff grey.

Completed my other set of doors to my future shop. More pix to follow.

Have an NOS ND radiator awaiting in DC as well as an NOS tail light in Michigan.
Keepin' it OEM

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
what? you can't stop by? how rude! smile.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

radar51

• 1G Addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 ford focus (ugh), 1989 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
If you need an extra set of hands while working on the shop, just let me know.

Hoping to get back into the 1G game ASAP!

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
*** edit **** uploaded pix for corrections

EA-T me, I figured someone would give me crap about not spending time. I had a hard enought time catching up w/ Civic Duty, 3 High school budding and 2 college buddies, not to mention my folks and 7 days hunting.... I'll have to catch a meet out on the East coast. hailed from Long island at one time, so good excuse to see old friends from there as well.

Radar, I'm good for now. Time is very sparatic and unrealiable. Wife left suddenly for a funeral. Leaves me home w/ kids for 5days!! CRX project party time...

This old house chapter 349....

Installing 6" perf drain in gravel so water will not flow along fence. It also allows me to level out the floor....

Began tearing down the 210K black si that's sat for 9years, 11 months and 2 weeks..... Civic Duty will take this shell in trade for some parts as long as all checks out. So far the rear wheel wells are mint, I was able to punch a screw driver in one floor pan below the clutch petal the size of a pea. But it was hit on the support below the radiator. I think this has pushed in that part 3/4". So It might not be the perfect shell for Big "A" afterall. Interrior is out, front end off. Jacking car and putting my "beaters" tires on it and freeing up the rear drums so I can roll it to take the engine out. Pulling the bumper HW and engine+HW since might need this for the concours. Most HW is well preserved southern car. Documenting pics and placing all parts in labelled bags for configuration control for future comparison. so far this car is orginal. It got a new header panel and front bumper (or repainted one). Saw small overspray on lower radiator area.

Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Held off on posts until Gallary was back on line -- Thnx Tom!!

Got the drain complete, bumpers off and Engine mostly disconnected. All 4 tires were rotten and blown out. I had to lift my beater and steel the tires. Rear drums leaks and locked the brakes = bitch to remove. I can never remember how many miles are on these cars b/c they've been sitting so long. This one I thought was 220K is 210K on the odemeter.

Drainage swale along the fence. = ankle breaker

Front drain complete. Will lay 1" or so of crushed granite, then lay concrete pavers for finished floor.

Car has not moved from this spot in 8yrs - last time the engine ran. Gas smells horrible. Time to empty the tank
Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Out goes the engine.

Keepin' it OEM

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Who needs a lift?? I've got a woodshop! laugh.gif

I've pulled an EW minus tranny out by hand with a friend before. Not recomended at all... but it worked. lol

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Dec 13 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who needs a lift?? I've got a woodshop! laugh.gif

I've pulled an EW minus tranny out by hand with a friend before. Not recomended at all... but it worked. lol

Did you break any fingers?? Never, never even thought about hand removal.. Suprised it worked!

I liked OG's tree hoist.

So the car is not bad rust wise, there there's a pile of rust under the battery tray, the front end damage mentioned and I found the rear 5 mile an hour crush cans pushed in. So this car was not as perfect as I thought. So it won't be heading to Civic Duty afterall. It now at the farm.

But picked up a tow dolly last week. So now I have an easy way to bring the ponies back and forth easily.

Little by little this is moving forward. Getting the chess pieces in place.

Keepin' it OEM