gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Peaber @ Aug 13 2004, 02:37 PM)
Sorry kinda lazy I live in KC missouri

Where abouts in KC? -TJ and I will be driving through on the way to the Runoffs...I grew up in Independence, MO - a lot of my family still lives there. We'll be picking up my Dad as we pass through. Ever go to Lakeside Speedway?

Kirk

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
hey, i would also like any of the spoilers in fiberglass. 85 is nice but so is 86-87 so i doesn't matter i just want one.

Peaber

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 00 EK & 2 87 Rexs
Gtpilot when you coming through cuz I live in Lees Summit and the rex is in my exs garage mad.gif and i would have to get the spoiler off, pm me

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Aug 13 2004, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (jsgprod @ Aug 13 2004, 12:17 PM)
I have one of each, unfortuately the '85 has a few splits in it. Not to mention the grass growing out of it. (Awful way to tease, isn't it?)

I've always liked the way the later one extends the hatch, visually adds a little length to the car. But I like the shape of the '85 lip, reminds me a little of the old Porsche Whale-Tail.

Jay

Jay,

Funny - I like them both for the same reasons as you...I am considering making a hybrid that that would take the 85 lip and add it to the 87 body - an extended line whale tail!

Kirk

once upon a time I have had a similar idea extending the length of the si bumper by about 2 inches... i always thopught that the spoiler would look just great that way

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Aug 13 2004, 10:10 AM)
Ok, let's talk a little bit more about what people really want...

Do you want a replica of an 86-87 Si spoiler in fiberglass?

Do you want a replica of an 85 Si in fiberglass?

Do you want a replica of the MUGEN spoiler in fiberglass?

The 86-76 SI spoiler is not a problem - I have one (as does Jamie) so building a mold wouldn't be a problem.

The 85 Si and the MUGEN spoiler we do not have...I am sure we could come up with the 85 Si part, but the MUGEN part is still evading us.

So, how serious are you people about this?

Kirk

I'm in the process of doing bodywork and re-painting my CRX. I'm interested in the 86-87 Si spoiler in fiberglass, but what kind of leadtime are we talking about, and what would be the ~cost? I'm not really looking forward to prepping/painting the foam spoiler so if a fiberglass one were to be available it sure would make life easier for me...

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
I am serious as snot (if snot is serious) about wanting a fiberglass spoiler. I want the 87 si spoiler, unless the mugen spoiler magically appears from thin air into your hands. I actually would probably even buy the mugen spoiler (if you got it) in addition to the 87 si spoiler. I just hate the bubbles that are forming on the stock rubber si.

SportInjectedClub

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I am a serious as a heart attack, I want a Mugen/86-87 Si spoiler in CF or 'glass.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would buy one... need a price before I say yes, but I have a nasty dent in the back of my hatch and a 86/87 si spoiler would fix that nicely...

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
i'd go in on mugen spoiler in a sec.

less that...half a sec.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
Hopefully gtpilot can get back to us....
Let's try to keep this thread alive..

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

viper

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Blue 86 CRX DX, Black 87 CRX Si
I'd buy a mugen/87si spoiler in fiberglass, for a reasonable price

Cramo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic CRX SI
im working on making a mold for a stock 87 CRX SI spoiler.. but im making it deeper.. so it will be about 4-5inches wide instead of 3.. i think it will look pretty sick.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
QUOTE (Cramo @ Aug 16 2004, 10:38 PM)
im working on making a mold for a stock 87 CRX SI spoiler.. but im making it deeper.. so it will be about 4-5inches wide instead of 3.. i think it will look pretty sick.

only deeper on the top, and maybe put the top on a bit of a rake. oh, and make the bottom corners sag down a bit. wait...that's a mugen spoiler. just get one a those. or make one. i'll buy either if it's good.

edit:

just in case everyone doesn't know all the differences between mugen and usdm...the mugen spoiler angles up on the top (more downforce, more aggressive) and i belive it's slonger (as in length of the car) than the usdm part. also, the bottom corners extend down

here's a couple pics for a vague idea:

here's the usdm part

http://kumo.swcp.com.../broch86-1.html

you get the idea

Edited by RexKrazy, 16 August 2004 - 11:50 PM.

Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I would like to see the pics of the back/rear of the wing on the car. I'm sure it isn't that hard to make a mold out of wood as a mold.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
If you look at the original pricing structure for the spoiler (27000 Yen) that would work out to be $245 US today - WOW! unsure.gif

I just talked to Jamie on th phone and decided a single piece price of $165 was more what the going rate should be...we would do a GB and lower the price, but someone has got to give us access to a part first.

Kirk