Nead Fuel For Turbo Setup?

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

MIXEDBREED

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx with 88 body crafe and 98 integra tails
ive got a turbo of a 1st gen talon its a TDO4H i bealive, a intercooler of a 84 turbo rx7 and a artermeket bov. smile.gif but nothing for fuel sad.gif can i go the cheap way with a rising rate fmu or will i get my money's worth from a apex-i safc????? i need help

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
what motor are you running. ohhh and did you search the site?
check out www.homemadeturbo.com forums. search on there too about safc and fmus.

it all depends on how much psi you are gonna run. if only 5 then use an fmu if your not conserned about running rich at idle. you can get adjustable fmu's i think wilq uses one. and has been using one for like 4 years on the same motor thats boosted at 5 psi.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

MIXEDBREED

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ya stupid me, im runing a d16a1 in my 1st gen crx. the head is ported and polished i have a lightweight flywheel and a msd multyspark high energy ignition.
i only plan on runing 7 psi. but as conversation with onefasthondacrx and crxdan i know i will get bored with it fast but does anyone know what that stock dsm turbo will handle????

CRXdan

is it a 5 spd or auto turbo? the td04 is auto and is quite small. the td05 is quite big for a d series. both turbos can handle 10 psi no problem, except the td04 will run out of breath up top.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

MIXEDBREED

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
its a standard but i stile don't know what to use for fuel what is better way to go???

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (MIXEDBREED @ Jun 28 2005, 06:34 AM)
its a standard but i stile don't know what to use for fuel what is better way to go???

Personally I don't try to go against the norm, I use gasoline I find it doesn't smoke like diesil does and I haven't been able to find an alternative setup to run French Fry grease. Hmmm. I have always been partial to liquid Oxygen I wonder if that would help.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

MIXEDBREED

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 28 2005, 10:01 AM)

Personally I don't try to go against the norm, I use gasoline I find it doesn't smoke like diesil does and I haven't been able to find an alternative setup to run French Fry grease. Hmmm. I have always been partial to liquid Oxygen I wonder if that would help.

thanks smart ass but i think i know what kind of gas to use. if your not going to give me any good advice keep it to yourself. if anyone actualy has any good advice on what type of fuel management to use, i can use the help.
im thinking of using turbo edit but can it be used on a 87 d16a1 browntop????

hondafig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (MIXEDBREED @ Jun 28 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 28 2005, 10:01 AM)

thanks smart ass but i think i know what kind of gas to use. if your not going to give me any good advice keep it to yourself. if anyone actualy has any good advice on what type of fuel management to use, i can use the help.

You can use turboedit on that motor with a 90 91 PM6 ECU.

HMT own3es all
93 Del sol Si (PM7 pistons and just a 50shot)
85 CRX Si (underconstruction)

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thanks smart ass but i think i know what kind of gas to use. if your not going to give me any good advice keep it to yourself.
Dooley Noted. Have fun and watch the 'tude dude. The advise that I can give you is check out posts from Mag00n, He really has a good handle on boosting.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
QUOTE (MIXEDBREED @ Jun 28 2005, 03:16 PM)

major dick reporting for duty sir

If you can't handle people joking around, I recommend you go find another internet. Talk to Al Gore, I hear he's great at inventing them. Now, either find a nicer way to say what you said or go to a forum that cares.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
which, I'd like to add, what he said, since you're new here, was much nicer than most forums standard "search stupid n00b" comments and if I asked you what kind of fuel to run in my car, wouldn't you look at me funny?
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
And, last but not least....since this is my 3rd post in this thread, and I've not given input......I've read on here before to consider pgmfi.org. I think they have some stuff there that you can use with your stock computer.
QUOTE(zakats)

user posted image

MIXEDBREED

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
what kind of car can i get that 90-91 pm6 ecu from????? the junkyards around here arn't very helpfull unless you know what you want.

jay_blu1983

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI with D16A1
    Garage View Garage
the civic and I heard the CRX si also not too sure on the last one. Ebay just make sure its the 90-91 not the 89 or older the 88-89 is the same as the pg7 in the 88-89 teg. its possibel to chip but not as easy as the right pm6. have fun
Your Car MUST be fast!!!!

Cause you were halling ass whan I passed you

SportInjectedClub

RIP old Blu/gray SI 1985 to oct 2004
RIP Silver/Black DX 1984 to July 2007

CRXdan

You cannot use turboedit in a browntop becuase it has a vac advance distributor. You can use turboedit in a blacktop though. Just but a blacktop cylinder head on and you can still keep your 9.3:1 CR for boost. Some wiring changes are needed.
visit muller.net/sonny/crx for more details on the wiring changes.
You will also need a blacktop dizzy and cyl sensor, as well as some other small misc things. the ecu does need to be from a 90-91 or a zc-2 ecu as they are the easiest to chip.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo