I've F@#$ing Had It, Time For A New Car

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

boosted_zc

• In need of anger management
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 91 Turbo ZC Civic Hatch,95 4X4 Sonoma
I"M SO FUCKING SICK OF CARS. Just rebuilt the piece of shit ZC and what compression do i get, god damn 180-180-90-120. I just can't fuckin take this shit anymore. I've gone through 5 god damn motors this year, this is fuckin ridiculous. I'm sorry to say it but i'm throwing in the towel, i quit. I can't justify putting anymore money into this god damn money pit. The carbed engine is going back in and i'm selling it. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
If it has an engine....i will tear it apart.

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
91 Civic Hatch w/ turbo ZC
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
Pussy.......
SportInjectedClub

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (eastsiderider @ Nov 13 2004, 01:42 PM)
Pussy.......

ph34r.gif
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
how many miles since rebuild???? it DOES take time for rings to seat......try squirting oil in the holes......maybe try driving it for 500 miles.........90 psi will fire in that cylindar 90 is about min

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
hmmm...i cant say id blame you....but hey...ive gone through more chix and im not ghey so....
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

boosted_zc

• PipPip
QUOTE (boostinginvegas @ Nov 13 2004, 04:05 PM)
how many miles since rebuild???? it DOES take time for rings to seat......try squirting oil in the holes......maybe try driving it for 500 miles.........90 psi will fire in that cylindar 90 is about min

That's true but even with 500 miles on it the 90 and 120 cylinders aren't going to go up to 180, not by far. It's true there's only about 10 miles on the engine, but it should show good compression right from the start. My turbo car had 150 across the board with about a mile on the engine.

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
yes they will the have a break in time also .......it takes time for the rings to true to the cylindar wall and SEAT properly........if i'm wrong well i'm wrong....but u should try it since ive had a few zc myself

Punjab

• JDM-Tastic!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: My Cars are too busy on blocks, I bum Rides :)
    • Image Gallery
What about the love for the car?
POWERED BY .PUNJAB © 2004

? Where Are My Peppers

shauno

How did you break it in? Hard or soft? The hard method is best because it puts the needed pressure behind the rings to seat them sooner as opposed to glazing them over.

You could also try a wet compression test. put some oil in the cylinders and then do it. It will tell you if the rings aren't seated or if the valves are leaking.

Did you check your valve clearances?

Were the valves lapped?

Keep going... It'll be worth it. rolleyes.gif

good luck
Time to kick some ricer butt!

boosted_zc

• PipPip
QUOTE (shauno @ Nov 13 2004, 09:23 PM)
How did you break it in?  Hard or soft?  The hard method is best because it puts the needed pressure behind the rings to seat them sooner as opposed to glazing them over.

You could also try a wet compression test. put some oil in the cylinders and then do it. It will tell you if the rings aren't seated or if the valves are leaking.

Did you check your valve clearances?

Were the valves lapped?

Keep going... It'll be worth it.  rolleyes.gif

good luck

That's the next thing i'm gonna do, take the head off and check all the valves and seats. The lash was done properly and double checked. I'm hoping i just have some deposits on the valves. It's just more money and more down time, it's just becoming a pain. I just want to drive and enjoy my damn car. Not to mention i still have to re-ring the turbo car also, and i need to get either done soon cause my trucks about to take a shit.

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Chill, man, just chill. Everyone flips out on their cars once in awhile and wants to call it quits, but just cool down a step and think about what might be causing it to be bad, and then work on solving it. It IS worth it when it finally works good.

down4ce

QUOTE (boosted_zc @ Nov 13 2004, 10:11 PM)
I just want to drive and enjoy my damn car

No offense but this is what you go thru when you don't leave the car stock, comon don't let it get you down. Selling it would be like a smack in your own face because of all the money and time you've put in it. TT

boosted_zc

• PipPip
don't worry i still have my turbo car to fall back on but that's a 4th gen

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

boosted_zc

• PipPip
This is what really gets me steamed. I took my good ole friggin time, the rings were installed the exact same way on all 4 pistons, the hone was the same on all 4 cylinders, there's no reason all 4 of those comp. readings shouldn't be 170-180. It just sucks because i still have to take off the head to inspect the valves and there goes another 35 bucks on another headgasket, and this ones only 5 miles old. What a waste, it kills me

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
i've personally said "damn it! i'm selling the damn car!" a good half dozen times, then i sleep on it and the feeling passes as i find out the problems