6th Annual Gsr Meet Saturday, June 23rd 2012

• You cannot reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I spoke w/ Hampster a month or so ago, but needed to call him back. He's out of civics at this point in time, but might reenter later. keep you posted on that.

I'll PM Bobby to see what his thoughts are.

Mallard Tape PM'd me and thought Texoma might be a little stretch for our regular DFW crowd, but think he might be in. I just don't see a house in the picture this year. And w/ how hot it is, figured a great place to hand w/ water is a plus. Texoma doesn't have to happen. Its the best place I know to cookout, swim and water activities w/ clean sandy beaches. People seem to pop in as they have time, so I think we need a home base.

I don't nkow how to get a hold of DJ clo. I think BP had been in touch w/ him on a regular basis.

Zak, you have the farthest to drive and crash somewhere in DFW. Do you have a place? I really can't offer my pad. My wife just doesn't share the same passion for these cars as I do... unfortunatley.
Keepin' it OEM

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
That isn't a problem for me, I just want to justify the trip and time off with more than a few people to show up. An earlier date would be better if it is just a couple people but I'd like to get together with everyone! We could consider the possibility of rescheduling for a month/2/3 later when BP and others are available- maybe we could touch base with everyone individually to get them on board with a date that will stick. There is nothing I want more than to take a trip with my new engine/newish hatch.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Since fathers day is coming up, pulling earlier in June might be a challenge. Summer here is just to hot. I think a main reason for June is it was cooler than July or aug. I,d prefer oct or end of sept weather wise. Some were in school so spring- fall was tough on some. Always appreciate your willingness to travel up this way. I would also like to wait for bp to be available as well.

Bp, are you available later this summer?

Zak, could you support fall meet instead? Love to see your new set up.

D
Keepin' it OEM

mallardtape

I would be up for cancelling for now and moving the meet in later months. Maybe end of summer or something. It just looks like not enough people will show up for this. And for Zak to make the trip with only 3 or 4 people would probably be a waste of time.

Joel

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

I would be up for cancelling for now and moving the meet in later months. Maybe end of summer or something. It just looks like not enough people will show up for this. And for Zak to make the trip with only 3 or 4 people would probably be a waste of time.

Joel

I've made the trip only for 3-4 people before and I'd do it again but I'd rather get everyone else involved that we can.

Since fathers day is coming up, pulling earlier in June might be a challenge. Summer here is just to hot. I think a main reason for June is it was cooler than July or aug. I,d prefer oct or end of sept weather wise. Some were in school so spring- fall was tough on some. Always appreciate your willingness to travel up this way. I would also like to wait for bp to be available as well.

Bp, are you available later this summer?

Zak, could you support fall meet instead? Love to see your new set up.

D

I'd rather get the ball rolling because I'm overdue for an RPR meet, I've been looking forward to it ever since the last one. Count me in for a meet anytime this year as long as it's well planned. I know it is bloody hot and I'm not exactly thrilled about making a 4-5hr drive without A/C but I'm willing to bite the bullet if it means we can have a meet.
Last I spoke with BP, he told me he'd be back sometime in August- Since he is such a central figure in our GSR meet, I think it would be worthwhile to wait for him to be free so other people will show up.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
How cool would it be to have our annual meet scheduled with the first event at the new F1 track in Austin? I think it will be in November.

I wonder if that would attract a larger turnout and, possibly, more distant peppers.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I vote to wait until BP gets back.

And Zak, I'd love to see your car. I know you've taken the trip up here in your daily driver (non 1g/3g)

I'd also be up for driving south. Its not fair to push the guys in the outer rim to alway come here. We'll just get lazy. I love excuses to drive my beater around
Keepin' it OEM

monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery

How cool would it be to have our annual meet scheduled with the first event at the new F1 track in Austin? I think it will be in November.

I wonder if that would attract a larger turnout and, possibly, more distant peppers.

i would love to be able to make it this year to a meet. i tried so hard to get time off last year , and then my wagon decided she didnt want to make the dirve to dfw. if you guys came to austin for that F1 track opening , i could host something at my place or at the very least provide a crash pad for some peppers.

just let me know ahead of time and i can schedule time off. i really would love to meet some people that would appreciate my little wago :P

mallardtape

Well BP is back in town... kinda had an "unofficial" meet at his house sunday. We should start planning again so he doenst kill all of us for cancelling the meet

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I was working sun. Thnx for the call bp!! Sorry I couldn't make it.

Sounds like zak is in arkansas now. How about do the meet end of sept, or early oct when the weather is perfect??? My business slows down and I can spend more time
Keepin' it OEM

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
It's difficult to have a schedule of availability now but don't count me out

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I agree with greasemonkey, cooler months could allow for a full weekend if some were so inclined, camping in the backyard etc...
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thnx for the call the other day Jason!!! Great to hear from you. You made a good point about the out of towners needed a place to crash. Hate to always have that be you. Camping in the backyard is a good one. What about a campground?
Keepin' it OEM

mallardtape

well we have hit september and cooler weather is upon us. what is the plan?

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Well, I am looking at the last weekend in Sept. Or the first weekend in Oct.  For GSR 7.  I plan on having it on a Sunday, so Out of Towners can camp in the backyard the night before.

Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.