Texas Round Up 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
We haven't really gotten into what to do much for this. But a drive would be cool. Hangin' and BSin' would be cool. Personnally, I'd like the cars to be parked out of the way of most others and somewhat in view of where we're hangin' out at. Economies tight, so I'm assuming most are not looking to hand out a lot of cash on big events.

Something for the future could be a campground if you guys are into it. July is too hot for that, but could get some great group pix near the water and wooded background. Also roadtrip shot w/ some scenery. TX is so flat and boring. After moving here, I understand why they called Plano, PLAN - O - . Flat and unesthetic. So areas around lakes have great back, windy roads to cruise. I've been taking my beater out in the sticks and always migrate to driving around the lakes.

Another thought in the future would be combine some water activities. I was looking at a 17-20' all around speed boat for the family this fall but didn't find what I liked so haven't bought yet. But have other smaller craft. Anyone else have watercraft? Great way to get out and have some fun. Awesome to beat the heat for those of us who don't have A/C (which was a minor issue last summer).

W/ the lack of interest (and marital sore spot) of the CRX, my wife would not entertain me hosting an event.
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
Lol, my wife doesn't mind me having stuff at the house but she doesn't like my sedan. The road between weatherford and mineral wells has awesome back roads beautiful scenery and some vintage hondas we saw when we went to kevins house to buy the sedan. what about that kind of roadtrip. thanks for the replys in the thread guys and lets keep it going.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
This may be the best bet for the money.

meet

Let me know what yall think.

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
So is the 26th of june a good date for most of us? Wanting to get a new thread with the activities of the day and members planning on attending.

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx
looks good to me.

june 26th will be a perfect area of time so i can finish hahas

around wut time would people be available though?

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I will be available starting at 6am that morning. Just not sure what everyone elses plans will be. I have never seen an rpr meet here in the dfw where everyone is there early. Sometimes I contact members almost at noon and they are either asleep or still at home.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
26th works for me too.... I would even be up for having it run into the 27th or starting on the 25th, or both...
as I said before, I will be "semi-unemployed" by then, so any time is good...

As far as what to do, up in the air for me.
I am down for whatever, as long as it stays legal and doesn't get too expensive(remember the unemployed thing tongue.gif )
the putt-putt bp mentioned is less than a mile from my house if we did decide to meet here.
The mesquite place is about an hour to an hour and a half away(if you drive legal speed limits on the freeway, that is)

I think part of what may help would be knowing a more specific area of DFW that everyone is coming from.
Unless there is just some outstanding thing that the majority wants to do, I don't see the point in everyone having to make a large local trek, just to turn around and make it again to crash for the night.

I know bp and I are about 8 blocks from each other in Hurst, hamster is about 15-20 minutes SE of us...
zakats has stayed at bp's on occasion and would prolly do the same this time.
I think I will be able to house a member or 2 for the night if needed...(Depends on small remodel project planned)

I can't say I know for sure where everyone else is located, nor their plans...
QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm in carrollton but I'd be willing to meet anywhere in the dfw area.

i agree with gimp to do whatever because i mean we do live in the dfw(down for whatever) hahas

I'd like it if we all did a cruise or something though

people would be surprised at the community of crx's just rolling around.

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
Wow that's a long time away. I have no idea what ill be doing then. Hell I have no idea what ill being doing tomorrow. I'm down to go LOL.

I do know the weekend before I'm going on vacation (anniversary).

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I'm about 40 minutes away, but would only do one day.

Gimp, if you are willing to host, then maybe several of us can get there early and get grocieries and cook out?? Since you host, we buy?? That way we could set a meeting window w/ food and hangin' out. Then plan a criuse, then event, or vis-versa?

I would like to get us to a place to get some nice scenery shots. Depending on the weather, We might have green background, or brown.

Recommend we keep the cost low to reasonable. Want to make it easy on the guys coming in from a distance and the economy for the rest of us.

In future years if noone is able to host, then we could go to a local park and cook out and hang. Most TX parks (on lakes) have some good scenery.

Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Gimpalot @ Jan 24 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
26th works for me too.... I would even be up for having it run into the 27th or starting on the 25th, or both...
as I said before, I will be "semi-unemployed" by then, so any time is good...

As far as what to do, up in the air for me.
I am down for whatever, as long as it stays legal and doesn't get too expensive(remember the unemployed thing tongue.gif )
the putt-putt bp mentioned is less than a mile from my house if we did decide to meet here.

I am all up for a multi day event but it may all depend on the out of towners schedule. Putt putt is fine but not sure what everyone may want to do.

Now just awaiting on pm's to be replied to see what the exterior of my 3g will be that day.

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump for more want to do's and don'ts.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Jan 25 2010, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm about 40 minutes away, but would only do one day.

Gimp, if you are willing to host, then maybe several of us can get there early and get grocieries and cook out?? Since you host, we buy?? That way we could set a meeting window w/ food and hangin' out. Then plan a criuse, then event, or vis-versa?

I would like to get us to a place to get some nice scenery shots. Depending on the weather, We might have green background, or brown.

Recommend we keep the cost low to reasonable. Want to make it easy on the guys coming in from a distance and the economy for the rest of us.

In future years if noone is able to host, then we could go to a local park and cook out and hang. Most TX parks (on lakes) have some good scenery.

Sounds like a good plan to me...

QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
THnx Gimp, I dont' want to pigeon hole you into it.

Tentative schedule:????

9am-1PM cook out, staging at Gimpalots
(I'll get there early and pick up chicken/brats/burgers/buns/chips/sodas/potato salad etc.... and paper plates/cups)
This gives time for guys to get together, bs and can take some shots around Gimpalots house around the large trees.

1PM-4PM Arcade/Putt putt golf etc..
I don't remember how to get to Gimpalots house, so not sure how far Hamster's arcade is

4-6PM Cruise
Back country roads w/ tree canopes and stop by a park w/ a lake for scenery shot. Gimp/Hamster/BP, need your help here for places in your area. I went on a Girlscout camping trip to a nice lake ~8 miles west of 35E near Loop 12. I'm thinking something in that flavor of place. Other than that, TX is flat and boring (my opinion being a Yankee down here....)

6PM - Dinner cook out
Consider ending up at Gimpalots house and cook dinner and hang. (I'd plan on a second grocery trip for that one. I don't want to overbuy and have tons of stuff left in the end. then we can divide up the receipts)

-- or --

9am-1PM morning stage w/ cookout @ gimpalots
1-4PM cruise
4-6 Dinner cookout at Gimpalots
6- on Arcade (to keep the evening noise down at Gimpalots)

What we need out of this is
1) food
2) staging area to kick off the meet
3) some general activity to have some fun
4) cruise time
5) pix time w/ the sun lower in the sky for best car shots (am or pm sun)
6) Kick back time to shoot the breeze.

I can't do an overnight, so those of you who are will need to chime in

Anyone have CB radios? Cell phones only give car to car and leaves people out. Back in the highschool days, we'd pile in the cars w/ CBs and look for parties. I actually still have mine. I don't have the newer handheld FM walkie talkie, but would like to get some. Ideas for the cruise.

Keepin' it OEM

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
second schedule sounds alright to me.

Dunno where gimpalots lives lolx but I'd be fine with either schedule.

I can pitch in on food, drinks, etc.

I dont have a CB radio though ;_;