Intermediate Shaft

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

Rude Ralph

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx si
I have a 1985 crx si and I'm trying to get a list of everything I'll need for a b16 swap. I'm also confused on what kind of intermediate shaft I will need. any other tips you may have for the swap would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

richard

sedanman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx dx 88 sedan 93 sedan
You will need a half shaft from a da or 90-93, if your going hydro like me you still need the same shaft jyst use a da seal on the half shaft side of the trans.

With hasport mounts and a civic si rear t bracket 99_2000 and some hasport axles its a bolt in swap besides the dent you need for the alternator

The hardest part of the whole swap is wiring and fuel

Good luck post some pics of what you have going so far

Billy.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

you need to bang out the firewall as well... the intake clearance is tight... and i'm pretty sure you're limited to skunk2, victor X, and the stock b16 manifold with minimal banging to the firewall... 

VSS is also a pain...

when installing, have the engine "hovering" in the bay, install the rear mount bracket to the rear mount, then to the rear of the engine, pop on over to the front left mount, install that guy, back to the rear, install the two bolts that attach to the tranny, and then line up bolt in the tranny mount... i had 88A mounts so there was no give and i had to use a scissor jack to get any movement from the engine into the places that i wanted it... 

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

sedanman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx dx 88 sedan 93 sedan
Damn i forgot about the fire wall as i used to have a stock gsr mani in my 3rd gen hatch wich fits with alot of hamering but the throttle body hits the heater core copper tubes i couldnt put a filter on it let alone a charge pipe. Blox fits my crx fire wall no modifications also fit in a sedan as well.

And i here you on the mounts i have 94a reds and a scissor jack is your best friend when lining up the mounts well that and patience.

Billy.