Ring Gear And Pinion Shaft Needed

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

kyller

Done a bunch of research, and can't come up with any solid evidence that a ratio like this even exists, but some websites mention it in the HF's. I'm looking for a 3.58 ratio ring gear, and pinion shaft. Not sure the teeth combination, but you can easily tell if it's an oddball ratio by putting the transmission into 2nd gear, and counting how many turns the input shaft turns to 1 turn of the differential.

Most common ratios are

2nd/fd 1.76 * 4.27 = 7.5 turns of the input shaft
or
2nd/fd 1.76 * 4.40 = 7.75 turns of the input shaft.

Bascially, what I need is about 6.5 turns to get the ratio I need, but, if you have a transmission around that is from an 84-87 civic/crx that gives a different number than either of those 2, maybe it'll have something I'm looking for. Looks like it's going to have to be some sort of HF model, but because of the purpose I'm using it for, it needs to be very specific when it comes to the ratio. If anyone has a final drive near that ratio, or has a transmission sitting around that you came up with different numbers than I gave...and you might be willing to sell, please let me know. I'm in canada, but have an address in NY.