18 replies to this topic

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I was on my way to a meeting, had just finished getting my oil topped off, and got rear-ended by a golf with no insurance and and out-of-country license. blink.gif mad.gif

This is not my year. I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how.

*edit* I started a photo garage My Garage gallery

*edit pt. 2* What, in retrospect was the only saving grace (other than my not becoming a "Christopher Reeve"), was that I had paid my AAA car club membership the day before the wreck and, if I hadn't, it would've expired the day of the wreck.

Edited by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs, 16 May 2005 - 09:36 AM.

TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
That sucks! Sorry to hear that.It looks fixable but will probably be cheaper to find another one. (At least you live in a place where there are rust free ones)

Edited by eldo, 16 May 2005 - 02:51 AM.

Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

mayhem019

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ive heard at least 3 rear ending stories on here in not much time.... what the hell???? Thats some scary news glad your ok man
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
sorry to hear man.
dame its looking like everyone is out to get rid of the last remaining 1/3 gens this year in the USA. glad i live in CANADA at less our incerence compinies(sp) help us, not screw us.
hey from what i have been reading lately, you should go get a semi and make sure is not licensded and out of state and start rearending all those suvs and hill billy trucks that think they own the road. and from what i read the you will get away with it.

edit: ya it was late when i wrote it.

Edited by 3gencivic, 16 May 2005 - 01:30 PM.

maddog

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 honda CRX SI
3gen,
Realize you probaly haven't had coffee yet but south america would be where Brazil is, most of are in North America(US and Canada)!

KYB,
Dude that sucks, I would get new one and part out that one out to recover some of the money. I feel for ya!

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (eldo @ May 16 2005, 12:50 AM)
That sucks! Sorry to hear that.It looks fixable but will probably be cheaper to find another one. (At least you live in a place where there are rust free ones)

That's what I'm afraid to be true. I am going to have it looked at, but I am trying to come to grips with the idea that this one's not going to be fixable. the driver's quarter panel has been pushed far enough forward such that the driver's door won't open. It was a real mother trying to get out of the damn car once the a$$hole hit me. And of course, I wasn't getting any signal on my cell phone... I'm not one who generally regards Friday the 13th as a bad luck day, but this incident was certainly in support of me doing so in the future.

FYI, make sure you have flares in your car. They would've come in damn handy for me if I'd had 'em.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
damn that sucks. thats about how bad my taillight section was pushed in when i got rearended back in march but i had no quarter panel or floor/frame/bumper support damage at all. i got hit in the rear by a 16 year old girl that had her license for 3 days driving a 99 jeep grand cherokee on snow covered roads. it5s not like i could really even blame her, she probably didnt even realize she didnt have control because she wasnt experienced enough and this was probably her first time driving in the snow but you better believe that when i went to pick up thier personal check for repairs i gave her parents an ear full about letting her drive that day. everything worked out for me, kicked the rear taillight section back out from inside car and put on new taillights, center piece, trim between bumper and lights and was back in order. too bad your not getting off as easy as i did. i hope everything works out for you.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Punjab

• JDM-Tastic!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: My Cars are too busy on blocks, I bum Rides :)
    • Image Gallery
blink.gif Damn, sorry.
sounds very close to what happened to my 1st crx, a 78 camaro hit me while i was stopped, the guy wasent going fast at all but it did the same number to my car, his car was fine though only a scratch on his bumper rubber peace that lessens the vibration from the front license plate.
i went to the pull-a-part for a new bumper reinforce then put the Andys kit over it w/o pulling the big dent that was sitting on my spare.
he dident have insurance as well. mad.gif