Need Headlights

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

SleepySe

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Anyone know what aftermarket headlights I can put on my 87 Si? I hav only found that most companies go back to 88. Thought about putting 88 projectors but sources say that they don't match up. (two light housings for the 88 one for the 87). Any info is helpful thanks!

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
if you want it for looks, i beleive there's nothing out there, but if you want projectors for better lighting, i would suggest just picking up a good set of driving or fog lights (good = not APC or cheapo brand; trust me they light badly)

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
no headlight fo you. tongue.gif

but seriously. there was a body style change in 88 so nothing will match up unless you do some fabricating to get it to work, which is not worth it IMO. if you want to do somethign different for your headlights you could do a black housing mod which im gonna do in the next month or 2. or, you could change the whole front clip to an 84-85 so get those oh-so-snazzy recessed headlights

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The only thing you can really do, besides anything you can think of, is either take them apart and paint the glass for EDM look headlights, or break the glass and make 'bulldog headlights'

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
Bulldog headlights rule!

I think i might of found an extra pair of 3G headlights from the junkyard, so I might possibly be shooting you a PM mark cool.gif. we'll see how it goes!
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Rampage @ Oct 31 2004, 03:44 PM)
The only thing you can really do, besides anything you can think of, is either take them apart and paint the glass for EDM look headlights, or break the glass and make 'bulldog headlights'

Cheers,
Mark

is the bulb open to the elements, or is there glass there?? huh.gif blink.gif

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

ftenney

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si, 1996 jeep cherokee
    Garage View Garage
anyone tried putting projectors on and seeing how much it takes to fab?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OVNi_CIVIC @ Nov 1 2004, 08:55 PM)
is the bulb open to the elements, or is there glass there?? huh.gif  blink.gif

If they were open they wouldn't last longer than 20 minutes.

I put 0.250 optix acrylic plexi on the housings, bought a 24x12 sheet at Home Depot for $20.

Projectors would look funny on our cars, because the housing is so tall, projectors look better on shorter height housings, i.e. 2nd gen CRX's.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Rampage @ Nov 1 2004, 11:39 PM)
If they were open they wouldn't last longer than 20 minutes.

I put 0.250 optix acrylic plexi on the housings, bought a 24x12 sheet at Home Depot for $20.
i like the look - especially the wallpaper callendar
i drove arround like this, sadly, for 3 months...lucky me it only broke once on a trip from oklahoma city to deeeeep south texas

Edited by OVNi_CIVIC, 03 November 2004 - 07:26 PM.

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member