0-60, 1/4 Miles Times?

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    Garage View Garage
What's the Stock 0-60 and 1/4 times for an 87 CRX Si? I've found mixed awnsers and the web, I was wondering what you guys had.
I have nothing...

Tomoyo

0-60: 8.7
1/4 mile: 16.7

For the 86 Si..87 is probably very simillar if not exactly the same.
user posted image

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I wonder if that enough to toast my friends Dodge Neon, it's a lil SOHC 4 banger... but it's still pretty quick.
I have nothing...

nivek2002

probly not biggrin.gif

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
DAMN IT. I hate Neons.... they are everywhere...... and they all are quick and they all suck ass.... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
I have nothing...

nivek2002

Yep, most newer cars can beat us without mods lol. and if you see a sucky little neon with a big wing and some letters in the form of SRT - RUN!!!!! biggrin.gif

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, the SRT's..... in my opinion, those should be even concidered a Neon, just SRT, not Neon SRT blah blah blah...... ever notice how car Manufacturers do that? Like the Honda Civic CRX Si? or adding letters like G7-rE94-w, oh yeah! i drive a G7rE94-R! gawd i hate marketing.....
I have nothing...

IamNOTaRicer

• U sux0rz @ teh intArweb
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si, '81 Mazda RX-7
Actually, it's not a Neon SRT. It IS just SRT. I've seen lots of Dodge dealer literature on 'em and I've yet to see them even mention the Neon as being this car's father. It's still a Dodge turbo car, though. Give it 75k miles and look how many are in the junkyard. LOL

--Danny

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yeah.. it is still a turbo Dodge.... i just dont trust stock turbos.... even more so after seeing a 1st gen Probe GT blow a turbo into tiny little bits....

I never did care for American cars much eather.... other then a Mustang...
I have nothing...

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This is certainly getting off topic...

Chrysler cars are the prime example of bigger is better American car maker philosophy: Stuff the biggest (or most powerful) motor into a car and see them fly. It displaces 2 liters, where a refined car (like a ferrari) will displace only 3.6 and be much faster... NA!

I really enjoyed when they referred to the Viper as 'yestertech' In other words, no technology, just bigger is better V10 and ultra fat tires.

lemons: What does you car have right now for mods? There are a few simple things that can get you smoking neons very easily, you just need to know what to do.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

CRXdan

I have a 87 crx si tith a 4-1 header, 2 1/4" exhaust, ported throttle body and intake. I immediatley noticed a lack of low end torque during normal driving after these mods. But I can now rev my motor up to 7000rpm with ease, and thats important for drag racing. You want your power band way up there and the header/exhaust makes it go up there. I raced and beat several EF civic Sis, and even a 98 civic si, as well as honda accord exis, preludes, etc. In 1st, at low rpms, we are even, actually my car is sometimes slower, but once i hit 2nd at say 5000rpm, my motor keeps pulling hard while theres makes more noise than power. And so this is how I gain car lengths on them, unfortunatley, the motor is sodl to rampage now, but once i get a d16a1 i will again tune it for topend power, get a header, and make it screeam biggrin.gif
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Tomoyo

1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe
0-60: 8.0
1/4 Mile: 16.2

1996 Dodge Neon Highline
0-60: 9.1
1/4 Mile: 16.81

I think the Neon's got you wooped. ^^ But from those times, it looks like the Sedan is quite a bit slower then the Coupe. If it's a Sedan (Highline), you might just stand a chance!
user posted image

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Right now... the only MODs to my car are..... (i'm only 17, gimme a break)

No CAT-Converter
No Resonator
Removed Extra Inatake Piping that I Deemed useless (and that little hole thing in the spot for the air filter)
The flywheel is getting the mount for the PP milled down .5mm as we speak
Oh, and a Pine Tree Air Freshener!

I think my tranny is starting to die, it's at 220,000mi and the car and engine has 110,000. It's Shifting rough and i think it's loosing oil...
I have a spare tranny and 2 spare engines and wanna re-build them, how i can toughen them up a bit where it wont cost me an ass load??

My friend has a Mazda MX-6, any chance of beating that?
(1994 Mazda MX-6 LS [0-60mph - 7.6s])

And my friend that has the neon says his is a highline 2 door? I guess the sport models say sport and have DOHC.. i dunno.....
I have nothing...

nivek2002

QUOTE (lemons @ Mar 9 2004, 02:27 PM)
(i'm only 17, gimme a break)

not an excuse biggrin.gif - im only 17, bu have 3 cars in my name and am almost done building my race car tongue.gif

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
you know, the viper engine is actually not that low tech. no it may not have "over head cams" (and technically, because it is pushrod, it has NEWER technology than DOHC).

it has some similar technology to the LS1. for example, both engines have aluminum alloy blocks with aluminum heads.

it's not as low-tech as you may think. it's also a hell of a motor biggrin.gif
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph