• Group: Members
    • Drives: honda crx 87 si
did the car show up??

Sad-Rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF
dude im sorry to hear that, but Florida is getting really bad with imports being stolen, i live down in Fort Myers FL. and my buddy had his 89 crx SI stolen from the Honda dealer, so dont feel too bad, still fucked up though.

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: me up the wall
three months after buying my first 3rd gen in 2006, it was stolen as well.
I personally recovered it within one hour from the time it was stollen.

Statics state that in most cases a stolen vehicle is stored within a 5mile radius.
I drove to every sh*t hole infested part of town and you guessed it.
dumped in an alley with it's windows rolled down.
car intact and nothing removed.

Sad to say this, but there are also predators floating around on line and if you are post whoring how cool your car was with all it's mods on other sites, you may be a prime target.
I FIRMLY BELIEVE! HONDA-TECH IS THE MOST NOTORIUS SITE FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR!!!!
I mean seriously, they should have a counter on their main page stating " THIS MANY POSTED STOLEN JUST TODAY: 10,479 and counting"
LOL!!!

Another sad fact, questionable shops you may have had worked done at or purchased from, know what you have.
quote, "THE HOOK UP" is not so much of a "HOOK UP" when the shop's goons are looking up your files for a home address.

last but not least, there is the infamous insurance job (which I'm sure you didn't perform).
In a desperate plee for help.
Forum transcripts are often printed & used on insurance claims to show claim adjusters "look, look,... see I did have all these parts..."

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, we Honda owners are at a higher risk than any other car owner and no where is safe.

simply put, blaim Honda for making the best in:
1) Over all VALUE
2) RESALE VALUE
3) & QUALITY.

Quick thief story that should make most feel good and give some hope.
Buddy of mine had his '00 XS engineered turbo'd Si stolen in front of an Out Back steakhouse.
SH*t, right at the front entrance.
My friend walks in takes a pager from the host and less than a minute later feels a buzz in his pocket.
He thought it was the pager from the restuarant, turns out it was the pager for his car.
He bolts outside and witnesses a short hispanic guy pop his head out from the driver side door.
My friend jump'd a flight of stairs towards his car and in doing so frieghtens the thief.
The thief runs and dives into a stock, running 4 door civic parked in front of him.
The chase was on!!!
after 6minutes and a miserable attempt to get away, the thieves(3) wrapped their stolen get away car around a light post on a raised center divider while exiting an off ramp at over 90mph. LOL!!!!
Suspect 1 (thief) bails on foot and hopped a fence into a minature golf course (Golf'n Stuff, where they fimed the Karate Kid movie) and was shortly apprehended by my friend and his size 14 shoes. LOL!!!
The thief ended up visiting the hospital with a broken jaw & wrist. FUBAR!!!
When the cops arrived, they congradualted my friend and stated "thanks for doing what we can't..."
This took place last summer.
I posted this story about a week after it happened in '07 on Honda-Tech and recieved negative feedback from two HT users.
One even claimed the story was BS. LOL!!!
I realy hope those two were affeliated with the incident.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Its pretty bad.. During a funeral I was attending , some modified Honda's of the funeral party were stolen out of the parking lot of the funeral home.PRETTY FUCKING LOW. Strange enough there is a lesser known "Honda" performance shop across the street. Coincidence? I think not. I almost parked next to them but parked in the front instead.

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
im gonna have a guess and say that the rex in your sig. is it, and if so that is truly fucked up
sorry to here some assholes have to steal someone elses car to feel good about their pathetic lives, sorry to hear that
Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

JDMDSMBros

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1st Gen CRX and 2nd Gen eclipse
KILL KILL KILL MAME MAME MAME MAME DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.. yea don't leave any car at an airport in FL, most chop shops do the grocery shopping there.. i'd say you got 48 hrs for it to resurface after the report.. if its not found by then your cars gone forever.. hope your insurance had your mods list sad.gif

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
Update-

Well its April and i haven't paid much mind to my old car due to my deployment. I never did recover the shell, they were charging me way too much to get it of the yard so I left her, I might visit the yard when i get back from Iraq, maybe she is stil there? If so she still has nice parts i can transfer to my next project car- I have another 88 Integra SE wink.gif Time to save the funds for a B series and mounts.....