zackspeed's Content

There have been 7 items by zackspeed (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#577471 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 15 February 2017 - 01:48 AM in General Posts

hoop - I wish you lived closer, I would give you everything that I have that is EW related (or anyone else for that matter)... I have an ITB motor that was running when pulled, a 1.3L GT5 motor that was running when pulled and so many spares bits and pieces it would take a weekend of sorting to go through it all.  I tried to give away the motors on this site a couple of years ago (for shipping alone) and there were not takers...GRRRRR...

Are you looking for the pipe that has the fitting for the oil/water interchange plate or the one without?

Kirk I would be very interested in the engines if you have them. I am sure I could talk my buddy into going for a drive lol.  Or if you could give me a idea on shipping or money. Do you have any transmissions? I have a caged 86 SI chassis that just needs a knee bar put in. Still trying to get my other friend to let go of the 74 GT5 car.  Anyway let me know.

#577418 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 07 February 2017 - 11:44 PM in General Posts

I am not sure and I will bet Kirk gives us a good answer. I am stuck with cam choice. I am not concerned to much with how much hp. I want the car to have more of a rally grind with good power every where in the revs. If I am not mistaken I would want more duration over lift? The reason for changing valve springs is to keep the valves from floating. If the seat pressure is not high enough with a high lift at high rpm the valve could skip never closing and could hit the piston.

#577409 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 07 February 2017 - 09:08 AM in General Posts

Looks like S2000 springs are the way to go now. I know DX outer and SI inner worked but finding new stuff is impossible. 

I am very interested in the Colt cam's after looking at the profiles. 

#577393 K Series Swap

Posted by zackspeed on 06 February 2017 - 07:33 AM in General Posts

This could get very interesting. Make it happen Chedda!

#577381 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 03 February 2017 - 10:48 AM in General Posts

http://lightningmoto...x?itemid=269934 - that's the head stud kit for the A1

Oh I am getting confused lol.  So that other kit should work just fine on a ew 1.5 yes?

#577378 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 03 February 2017 - 10:14 AM in General Posts

I don't know the part numbers but I could swear they are on this forum some where. I know one of the guys had all of the measurements posted at one point. 

The ZC engine is a true 86-87 from Japan. We got it from a guy local who claimed to have it and the trans. We are in real need of parts for a d16a1 trans for my friends 85 SI. Think he needs the fork collars? I will ask him. Anyway the trans was a stock 88-91 SI box so that didn't help. But we did get a true ZC with vacuum dizzy. To bad you cant find a D16 trans or parts these days. If I am not mistaken the early ZC was just shy of 11:1 no? Think you figured out that the ZC piston in a 1.5 and PE3 head would be almost 13:1? I just wonder how it would come out if you use those pistons with the ZC head as well.

I am very interested in the PE3 cores. Just let me know if you run across them. I would like to have two just so I had a back up. Also if you could share the ARP rod bolt info that would be awesome. Glad to see you are still around playing with these things.

Just found this and it should help speed up things with ARP. http://www.redpepper...rp +head +studs

Sure enough Hooper is right. http://arp-bolts.com...p?RecordID=1262

I still question that kit though. Are we sure it works for a A1 and it's not just for the later blocks?

#577375 87 Crx Si Piston Rods

Posted by zackspeed on 03 February 2017 - 09:10 AM in General Posts

Hi Kirk it has been a while. Some very good info and I didn't know you had gotten into building HP engines. I finally got my friends old 86 Civic track car and also found a very rust free 86 dx. Funny that this thread was here with the info I was needing lol. Some questions though. 

1. Talking about using the head studs on the girdle I am thinking you could also use the ARP set for this as well? 

2. With the pistons you posted the first one looks to be ZC pistons?? Or is it just labeled wrong since it is actually  a PG6 piston? Are these what you use for HP builds?

3. I have a ported SI head with a cam but I sure would like to find a PE3 head. Any ideas where to look?

Also off topic I have access to a 86 ZC engine as well. If I was to use that head with any of the Integra pistons the compression would not be as high correct?