K Swap Knowledge Dump

• You cannot reply to this topic
262 replies to this topic

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2016 Accord, 87 CRX Si (2 - neither running), 60s Vettes (2), 67 911S, '70 914-6, '95 F150.
    Garage View Garage
Excellent CSP. JMHO, but as more things like this become readily available, FA K swaps will quickly overtake B swaps in making them the sports car they deserved to be from the start.

Edited by rufusbob, 15 November 2022 - 01:34 PM.

Bob

CSPCRX

It certainly is going to take things to an entirely new level.  With the power and torque the K series brings these cars are going to be beasts!

I can’t wait for the first track day with 215hp and 180+ ftlbs at the tires!  Going to pull out of the turns like a monster!

Victor
86 B-Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Some progress today.  Powder coated the final version of the throttle cable bracket.  Still touches the hood at rest but not as badly as it did previously.

52510338597_75972093bb_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Finalized the coolant hoses as well today.  Bottom hose is a Gates that we had to chop off an end and it fit very well.  Upper is another Gates that we trimmed the ends off of.  Also cut the center and clocked it to work very well.  

52510813056_e599c64672_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Plan on working on this more Wednesday night.  Cut some small tabs to weld on the bottom of the radiator to locate in the factory support spots.  We will weld those on and do some final touches on the radiator brackets.  After this we need to wrap up wiring and the clutch hydro conversion.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2016 Accord, 87 CRX Si (2 - neither running), 60s Vettes (2), 67 911S, '70 914-6, '95 F150.
    Garage View Garage
I love how it’s taking shape, CSP!

If you know the Gates part numbers (or the engine / vehicle application) for the radiator hoses, would you please post them? Thanks.
Bob

CSPCRX

We tried a few different ones and I didn’t write them down.  Brian took pictures of the part numbers for the video series he is building.  If you need it soon let me know I can ask him.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

We tried a few different ones and I didn’t write them down.  Brian took pictures of the part numbers for the video series he is building.  If you need it soon let me know I can ask him.

Thanks CSP, but no urgent need. Just thought it’d be good to document
Bob

CSPCRX

Brian is adding it to the video documentation of the video he will be posting on VTEC Academy.

The second video in the series is supposed to be uploaded any day.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Radiator was finalized today as far as mounting goes.  Welded tabs underneath to align with the stock locations.  Left and right brackets lock it in place and help keep the air from going around the radiator.  Will be placing thick foam under radiator to keep air from going under as well.  Fan brackets are being finalized to clamp on the top and bottom of the radiator to hold it in place.

52523010417_209653de5d_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily