• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 CRX
also sold in the US as the Holley 5200
i've done some research to what vehicles came with one stock this is what i found:

70-80 ford pinto and mustang w/ 4 cyl and 2.9l V6
79-82 ford courier 2l
79-83 ford fairmont/grenada/mustang/capri w/2.3l 4cyl
chrysler 1.6l, 1.7l, 2.2l
chevrolet vega/chevette, pontiac sunbird/astre

most of there have an electric choke, i dont think any had a manual. i recall the chrysler having water choke.

i've also found a site with the adaptor plate for sale, but i may have a friend manufacture one for me

does anybody have a weber 32/36 or holley 5200? what size jets and what mixture do you use? if i cant find a manual choke, how do i convert to electric? how reliable is a water choke? how do i set this up?

i saw that parts and rebuild kits are plentful for this carb, so i plan on going junkyard hopping until i find one in decent shape that i can rebuild

i read in a previous post an expected hp gain of +/- 15%. filter boxes for this type is available online and at performance stores as well as canadian tire stores.

CRXdan

So you can actually go to ayard and grab a carb off a chevette and it woudl perform the same as a weber 32/36?
thats a budget mod for all the carbed people out there!
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
not perform "like" a weber 32/36, it is one. look inside the carb and it should say "weber" although it may have a differant company name on the outside.
yes, american automakers used this carb for their 4 cyl and small 6 cylinder engines.

This is one of the sites i found most informative on where to find one.

i assume you'd need new linkage, or to modify the original, and then you can but an adapter from pierce manifolds, or make your own if you're into manufacturing. but i need to know how to convert to electric choke because i dont know if any came with manual.

Edited by vervepipes, 10 July 2004 - 04:20 PM.

DragStRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX DX
I'd love to see if this will work (b/c i'm poor and can't afford anything else dry.gif )

Freakendude

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf
    Garage View Garage
what should an adapter plate look like to fit it on an Hf? what kind of mpg would that get and hp improvements? it would make for a fun project.

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip

Here's one off a porche 914 selling for 10$ on ebay

i heared an expected +/-15% Hp increase with propor tuning, but i'm not sure about fuel economy

here's what the adapter looks like for the dx, but i dont know if it will fit an hf

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
it should fit the hf, the intake manis are the exact same.

sean

nivek2002

Hey my first post since getting back. My mind is still a little slow so this wont be very detailed.

Basically do some searching, I have about 3 other large posts about this. I have a Holley 5200 on my Sedan. It has a manual choke btw. Ill find that website that breaks down which have which choke. I got my adaptor plate from allstate carb in NJ but had to redrill it becuase it didnt line up right on my IM. I also need to get a smaller throttle wheel so the secondary will open up fully, also gotta get it tuned. Other than that im very happy with it!

My fingers are dead....

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (vervepipes @ Jul 10 2004, 12:55 PM)
i read in a previous post an expected hp gain of +/- 15%.  filter boxes for this type is available online and at performance stores as well as canadian tire stores.

Instead of a filter box, you can get an air plenum for the 32/36 at Pierce Manifolds. Then, you can use a cold air intake with remote filter instead.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND