Running Rich?

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2003 dodge SRT-4, 1986 CRX Si
anyone know of a cure for the car running rich? or does it automatically run like that. It's a lot like my SRT was, it must be some where around 9 to 1 A/F cause I got fuel spilling out the exhaust...

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Pull your plugs and take a close look. They should be a light brown (coffe with milk) color. If they are white you are too lean. If they are black you are too rich.

Do not go by moisture coming out of your tail pipe, that could be casued by a lot of other things.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2003 dodge SRT-4, 1986 CRX Si
it feels smells like fuel so that's why I thought it was running rich. I will check the plugs but my tools are at my dad's, car is at my house. If it is dark colored is there anyway to fic this?

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (v8killa @ Jun 10 2005, 05:31 AM)
it feels smells like fuel so that's why I thought it was running rich. I will check the plugs but my tools are at my dad's, car is at my house. If it is dark colored is there anyway to fic this?

If you are truly running rich (which I doubt), an adjustable fuel pressure regulator will help. But before you do that, change your O2 sensor (about $25 from Pep Boys).

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function