Seats For A 1st Gen Rex

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

Vicious

QUOTE (SEEKERone @ Jun 10 2007, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mike, the seats removed from the 'vert are safely stored... you don't need to worry 'bout those. biggrin.gif

well that's nice to know but if you ever wish to let them go *cough*fell in love with them at the meet*cough* i may want them laugh.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Sgt. Pepper

Um, what about del sol seats? unsure.gif Guess I'll find out soon enuff and let y'all know. biggrin.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX (Straman Convertable) 87 CRX Si 91 CRX
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jun 10 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, what about del sol seats? unsure.gif Guess I'll find out soon enuff and let y'all know. biggrin.gif

I do not have any experience with the del sol seats...but the thread on Honda-tech led me to believe that others have tried the del sol seats

DO NOT TRY TO DISASSEMBLE DEL SOL SEAT
sorry for yelling but I needed to make sure it was noticed. I just looked into procedure for seat disassembly...there is none. the seat cover on the del sol seats is glued to the cushion and not designed to be taken apart or replaced. the pan is part of the assembly so I now believe that it is NOT possible to do the pan swap with the del sol seat. procede at your own risk.(maybe I am wrong)

BTW Mike...Don't worry about that black fender...or the black hood...or the missing rocker panel...there is a plan ph34r.gif

Edited by SEEKERone, 10 June 2007 - 11:15 PM.

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
Steve:

Any idea if the pan swap will position g1 teg seats lower like the stock CRX seats? I like the low seating of the CRX's seats, but I love the comfort of the teg's seats (and I still have the seats from my g1 teg, with no tears in the bolsters).

PS: I need to get that pickup and 2-way valve from you one of these days smile.gif

Edited by shadowboy, 10 June 2007 - 11:37 PM.

Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (SEEKERone @ Jun 10 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not have any experience with the del sol seats...but the thread on Honda-tech led me to believe that others have tried the del sol seats

DO NOT TRY TO DISASSEMBLE DEL SOL SEAT
sorry for yelling but I needed to make sure it was noticed. I just looked into procedure for seat disassembly...there is none. the seat cover on the del sol seats is glued to the cushion and not designed to be taken apart or replaced. the pan is part of the assembly so I now believe that it is NOT possible to do the pan swap with the del sol seat. procede at your own risk.(maybe I am wrong)

I need someone to confirm this, I just purchased a set of del sol seats (not yet picked up) and I planned on getting them reupholstered and fabbed into my rex. Please, someone tell me he's wrong.

IIRC, someone on this site installed del sol seats in their civic (no sure what year). There's gotta be a way.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (shadowboy @ Jun 11 2007, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve:

Any idea if the pan swap will position g1 teg seats lower like the stock CRX seats? I like the low seating of the CRX's seats, but I love the comfort of the teg's seats (and I still have the seats from my g1 teg, with no tears in the bolsters).
PS: I need to get that pickup and 2-way valve from you one of these days smile.gif

Shawn, I believe it can be done and should place the seat bottom at or near stock (1G CRX stock)
LMK when you wanna try and we could start with the passenger side.

As far as the fuel pickup and two way valve...I tried to reach you yesterday(Sunday, June 10) but you never answered your cell or called me baqck after I left messages. Since I last talked to you I also acquired the lower driver side door panel you needed as well as A/C duct (evaporator replacement) and firewall plug. Maybe next weekend?

shadowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (SEEKERone @ Jun 11 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shawn, I believe it can be done and should place the seat bottom at or near stock (1G CRX stock)
LMK when you wanna try and we could start with the passenger side.

As far as the fuel pickup and two way valve...I tried to reach you yesterday(Sunday, June 10) but you never answered your cell or called me baqck after I left messages. Since I last talked to you I also acquired the lower driver side door panel you needed as well as A/C duct (evaporator replacement) and firewall plug. Maybe next weekend?

Next weekend sounds good. I may be busy Saturday cleaning out storage to get the seat(s), and oil pan.

I never got any calls from you on Jun 10, or any voice mail. I had my phone with me all day. You sure you called the right Shawn? smile.gif
Shawn
--------

dkyk25

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (SEEKERone @ Jun 10 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mike, the seats removed from the 'vert are safely stored... you don't need to worry 'bout those. biggrin.gif

I recently got the S2000 seats for project for another person but they decided to go with some stupid ebay seats. so i decided to see what was necessary to fit these into the 'vert. The link i posted from honda-tech showed the seats being fitted into an EK but the idea is the same. I took the original seats from my 87 CRX Si (non-vert rolleyes.gif ) and disassembled the lower section for the pan swap. I went one step further to minmic the S2000 pans and dented them down in the back to allow the deep cushion to sit as low as possible...this step wasn't necessary but i like that result. The seats sit straight, just a touch lower, and use all four bolts to mount to floor with original seat tracks.
this isn't an easy 10 minute job...i took a little over an hour each(and I have experience taking seats apart) Needed tools include a tool for the "hog rings" that hold the cover to the pan and framework. I got a set of these from HARBOUR FREIGHT. Also needed are replacement "hog rings" because reusing them is difficult(sourced from auto upholstery shop).

pics as requested
(yes the car is that dirty...been doing other upgrades to it)
(no the seat isn't "crooked"...the second pic looks that way but trust me it is straight)
(sorry about the 'washed out ' look in the pics...sun was going down and was loosing light)

ok...one more time for "bolt in seats" in 1G CRX(no disassembly required)
84-87 CRX (duh)
83-87 Prelude...use Prelude seat tracks
88 CRX ..but use 1g CRX seat tracks
89 CRX HF only..same as 88 CRX
89-91 CRX...but only if NOT USDM seatbelt mount in door car (these also have buckle mounted to seat)
JDM, EDM, even Canadian seats are same as our 88 seats
Anything else MAY be possible with seat pan swap from your 1G seats

your shifter looks mighty short....
what did u do to get it that short?

and is that armrest oem accessory for crx?
Recyling is not the answer. Using less to begin with is.

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
I couldnt fit my armrest with the recaro bolsters mad.gif

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 11 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your shifter looks mighty short....
what did u do to get it that short?

and is that armrest oem accessory for crx?

Not short shifter...the light and the angle it make look that way though.
The shifter is a stock (unmodified)88 'teg shifter attached to stock(unmodified) 88 'teg linkage for the B16 swap

The armrest is a modifed 1G integra base with a 3G Prelude top screwed to it...{Junkyard cross breed}rolleyes.gif

Edited by SEEKERone, 11 June 2007 - 05:22 PM.

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
I'm gonna have to look at the "mods" I have 3 armrest, I'm sure I can get one to work...

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (1goldteg @ Jun 11 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna have to look at the "mods" I have 3 armrest, I'm sure I can get one to work...

A small saw, some screws, and a coat of paint can make a world of difference.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Hmm...

Those S2k seats would look awfully nice in a 1g Prelude...

ph34r.gif

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jun 11 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need someone to confirm this, I just purchased a set of del sol seats (not yet picked up) and I planned on getting them reupholstered and fabbed into my rex. Please, someone tell me he's wrong.

IIRC, someone on this site installed del sol seats in their civic (no sure what year). There's gotta be a way.

Further info acquired from a couple of del sol websites...covers can be removed if you peel them carefully from the cushion. After that, maybe the pan swap could be done

shadowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Note: g1 teg pan swap will not work. the g1 teg pan is wider than the CRX pan.
Shawn
--------