Carb Idle High

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

*86_civic*

Hey guys, its been a while i don't get on. Im having this problem for a time now, every morning i turn on my car wether its cold or warm outside it doesn't matter it turns on around 3000 to 3500 rpm and it stays ther for like 5 to 10 min. then eventually goes to 2100 then again eventually goes down to 800 the which is normal. Now does anyone know why its turning on at such high rpm, im tellin ya its driving me crazy hearing the engine so loud in the mornin. Well ile be checking in more often Thanks guys.
If theres no speed, then theres no need.

user posted imageuser posted image

grjr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 82 civic and others
QUOTE (*86_civic* @ Dec 22 2005, 07:51 AM)
Hey guys, its been a while i don't get on. Im having this problem for a time now, every morning i turn on my car wether its cold or warm outside it doesn't matter it turns on around 3000 to 3500 rpm and it stays ther for like 5 to 10 min. then eventually goes to 2100 then again eventually goes down to 800 the which is normal. Now does anyone know why its turning on at such high rpm, im tellin ya its driving me crazy hearing the engine so loud in the mornin. Well ile be checking in more often Thanks guys.

Sounds like you probably have a vac leak, check for loose or cracked vac hoses, I had a similar problem once, the vac line for the distributor had a crack in it

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
correct me if im wrong but isnt that the fast idle mode? both crx's i had idled at 3k or so when cold then went to normal rpms when it warmed up

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (jeff420 @ Dec 27 2005, 08:24 AM)
correct me if im wrong but isnt that the fast idle mode? both crx's i had idled at 3k or so when cold then went to normal rpms when it warmed up

Yes i thought this is what it was supposed to do?

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719